NEW ADPP-C Champion intake power plate.

Same reason someone might put a champion intake on thier car verses a stock one This my point Ted

I agree with this totally. The short comings of the stock un-cut intake are very obvious. The race ported heads will out flow it. Why have the restriciton there unless you are required to run an un-cut stock intake? Though i feel the 3 bolt 70-71 GTQ's are more of a restriction than the intake on the TSM cars. Well, off the shelf GTQ's anyway. Not ones with clipped exhaust wheels:biggrin: .

The before and after EGT comparisons would easily settle any crap that has been posted imo. A six channel egt monitor would be needed.

Maybe someone on here can market a product including 6 midgets to climb inside the plenum and direct the airflow accordingly.

I already tried that. It got very expensive with Food + Gas. Watching the little arms at work was just so damn cute! :p LOL

.....I'm not trying to do anything here other than ask Jason why his PP doesn't work as he advertised on his website, and question his testing methods..............I'm out.

That is bull**** Ted, and you know it. You have been whining ever since you trashed your other motor and have been going after anyone involved with it.:mad:

I have bought and paid for lots of parts over the years that did not "work" as I expected, but this is part of building and refining a RACE car. Also, I do not expect to receive a complete engineering document with a $100 part, or a money-back guarantee if it does not perform the way I like.

You have contributed NOTHING but negative comments and criticism to this thread, or many others over the past couple years. Lots of the long-time board members are aware of your agenda, and like me, are fed up with your crap comments. I am not sure why I am a "sounding board" for other members, but I am reflecting lots of their opinions here too.

I have tried to avoid controversal posts in my "later years", but this time I felt compelled to voice these opinion.

Hopefully, your words, "I'm out" will stick?

Jason what was the approximate overall flow level that you tested at? Approximate cfm is fine if you have it. And while I'm asking, how about same for the BGC plate? TIA

TurboTR

That is bull**** Ted, and you know it. You have been whining ever since you trashed your other motor and have been going after anyone involved with it.:mad:

I have bought and paid for lots of parts over the years that did not "work" as I expected, but this is part of building and refining a RACE car. Also, I do not expect to receive a complete engineering document with a $100 part, or a money-back guarantee if it does not perform the way I like.

You have contributed NOTHING but negative comments and criticism to this thread, or many others over the past couple years. Lots of the long-time board members are aware of your agenda, and like me, are fed up with your crap comments. I am not sure why I am a "sounding board" for other members, but I am reflecting lots of their opinions here too.

I have tried to avoid controversal posts in my "later years", but this time I felt compelled to voice these opinion.

Hopefully, your words, "I'm out" will stick?

Maybe they all got the same e-mail from Jason? Pretty apparent from the other posts and similarities who got it and replied.

>
>
>
> please go on this thread
> http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...ing-rjc-racing-bgc-adpp-long.html#post1728074
>
> and quote my post
> " Also if you notice anytime there is a post on any RJC product or any
> mention of an RJC product TED A. is right there to do his best to persuade
> people against each an every product i sell. (just take a look at the posts,
> they speak for themselves)"
>
> and then post "I have noticed that too" or something to that notion but
> please be nice.
>
> i would appreciate it, maybe it will make this guy get off my back a little.
> For some reason he continually post negative toward me on everything.
>
> thanks guys
>
> RJC Racing
> Race Jace
> Jason Cramer
> 435-882-2839
>
> RJC Racing the leaders in inovative Buick performance
> Jason@RJCRacing.com
>
> 87 Buick Grand National, Stock Block TSM Street Car 9.74 @ 140
> 2002, 2003 & 2004 GSNats TSM Class Winner
> "NEW best 6.05 @ 113 1/8mi (that equates to 9.50 @ 142)
>
>

Why do we have to have this politcial crap everytime someone comes out with a new product offering?:eek:

After this post I will move this to the lounge.

Jason please make a new post in Tech to continue the technical discussion. Please do this so we can all get back on track!

I really don't want to get in the middle of this. It can only continue to fuel the fire. This is (was) Tech, this type of drama will not be allowed here. Really do not want it in the lounge either but it definitely will not be tolerated here. Any further personal shots made will result in infractions and I am asking all mods and admin to watch this.

I honestly hate to take this stance but we are trying to bring the community together with the Toys 4 Tots charity drive and have something we can all be proud of as a community. Stuff like this however will only lead to the exact opposite. Leave the personal junk off out of TECH, I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE!

Have a nice day and Merry Christmas to all!

Well I am for sure on some thin ice posting in this mess but that never stopped me before. First thing I am going to say is that no one is innocent in this thread. I have known Ted for a lot of years. He is a customer and a friend. While I completely disagree with his posts here and some of the comments he made, I will say this because I know it to be true, Ted had a plate on his BGC intake. Teds car has more data logging equipment than most and he uses it. There was a fairly wide correction that needed to be made on a per cylinder basis to balance the EGT's. It was suggested to Ted that the plate was the problem, he gutted it (cut out the center, kept the spacer) and the corrections we down quite a bit and the car went faster. What does this mean? It would appear that on Teds car it did not work as advertised, now I am not bashing the product or Jason I am the messenger here. Ted was asking Jason some very pointed questions to try to figure it out, he has an interest in finding the answers this type of question. I do not like his heavy handed, accusing approach but I understand where he is coming from, is desire for answers and what he is doing, it just does not come across that way publicly in these posts. I have been in communuication with Jason the past few days about this (thanks Jason for stepping up and opening the lines of communication some) and while we are not new best friends we are at least talking. I explained Teds concerns and results, I also shared my personal flow bench test results with him for the PTE style plate. (don't ask I am not interested in posting them, nothing to be gained for anyone) We discussed him trying to duplicate my flow bench study and Teds, on car results (the on car stuff is WAY more important IMO) Unfortunatly I have not been able to communicate this info to Ted, I wish I had made more effort to do so since maybe this would not have spun so far out of control if he had known Jason was going to look at it, so I guess I need to accept part of the blame for this. Jason, a few direct questions were asked, for example I asked "what are you using to measure the airflow coming out of the heads" your lack of answers to these questions rasies some suspicion, perhaps a simple "I would rather not say" would be an option. The email thing you sent out is wrong, while I understand you felt the need to protect yourself having people come in and make comments for you is nothing more that having shill bidders on Ebay, it taints the info on this board, we do not know if opinions posted here are real or not anymore so the value of them will now forever be in doubt, this is sad. Lastly, I am real tired of the fighting and having to chose sides because this guy hates that guy. I just don't want to be part of it anymore. I am also very tired of getting called out for things I did not do, that I have decided I am going to so something about if it does not stop.
I hope this was taken in the spirt it was written, no slander, no attacks, no politics, just trying to clear that air a bit, it stinks in here.

Mike

I have answered all of the questions that were asked in detail please read. The reason i have not posted our exact testing methods is it will only be picked apart one word at a time.

We use an unconventional airflow meter of our own design. it is designed specifically for our application. It is very precise.

it is not information here or questions that need to be answered. it is only amo for more bashing that is really being asked for. Why would continue with the discussion?

I never wanted the thread to go this way. i was just trying to introduce a new product that i am working on.

With the BGC intake, ted maybe had some imballance in the rest of his system that made the plate appear to not work. As i stated before it corrects the airfow path only.

That e-mail i sent to post to try and get ted off of my back was a simple attempt to do that without any harm. it was only sent to two people and it has nothing to do with this thread. that e-mail references another thread intirely. This bashing is on every thread that involves my products and really has nothing to do with the plate.

I do not want people to bash TED. If you really want to discuss what the effects are or what we can do to help in that area email me privately until we get it all hashed out.

The reason i have not posted our exact testing methods is it will only be picked apart one word at a time.

We use an unconventional airflow meter of our own design. it is designed specifically for our application. It is very precise.

I am perfectly good with that answer, Sometimes you have to make something, We use mass air sensors since we have lots of technology there. I was just curious

With the BGC intake, ted maybe had some imballance in the rest of his system that made the plate appear to not work. As i stated before it corrects the airfow path only.

I think you can see how Teds results may make him skeptical and how easy it is for people to misunderstand what the plate is designed to do.

Mike

While I completely disagree with his posts here and some of the comments he made, I will say this because I know it to be true, Ted had a plate on his BGC intake. Teds car has more data logging equipment than most and he uses it. There was a fairly wide correction that needed to be made on a per cylinder basis to balance the EGT's. It was suggested to Ted that the plate was the problem, he gutted it (cut out the center, kept the spacer) and the corrections we down quite a bit and the car went faster. What does this mean? It would appear that on Teds car it did not work as advertised, now I am not bashing the product or Jason I am the messenger here.

I thought the PP was supposed even air flow not even correction numbers.

Is the only solution the power plate didn't work? Couldn't small differences in injector flow rates also cause the same situation. Perhaps if a cylinder that gets more air without the plate has an injector that flows a tad more than the others, when the power plate evens the airflow that cylinder is now a bit too fat and would need more correction. That doesn't mean the plate isn't working, in fact it could mean the plate is working exactly as advertised. I would think a Dyno with a car that has all cylinders tuned with the plate and without the plate would a more effective way to determine if the plate is working or not. Using the amount of individual cylinder correction needed with the plate as a basis for saying the plate doesn't work in a particualar situation when there are so many variables just seems a bit stupid. No bash intended.

And for the record I got no email asking me to post here. This is my own, unbias account.

Sully