NEW ADPP-C Champion intake power plate.

Race Jace

Research, New Tech and Development
Staff member
Just a little inside scoop.

We have just completed all of the testing on this newest and best power plate to date. We were able to make it out of a single 1/8" thick plate so it will not cause any clearance issues. it is however a 3 dimensional plate. It's flow numbers show cylinder ballance within +/- 2% and it flows within 1% of an open manifold. Going to be one of those must have items.

Prototypes are done and production units should be available in about 3 weeks.

Damn, that's impressive.

Can you comment on how far off the highest and lowest cylinders were without the plate??

Will this plate work with a fully ported stock intake with a deleted egr and Precision plenum?

Good questions!!!

Damn, that's impressive.

Can you comment on how far off the highest and lowest cylinders were without the plate??

X2. How far off was the intake unmodified (no plate), was the intake ported or the std one from Champion? Did you flow through the heads also, does this replicate the environment the intake is in when it is on a running car?

Is there increased plenum volume on the Champion intake vs. the BGC manifold? I was told they added some plenum volume on the intake itself.

Sounds great!

Jason, send me one for a Champion intake as soon as it is available, thanks:smile:

Off & On Center?

:cool: I have an off center manifold. Is the plate tuned for the off center or the on center manifold?

Damn, that's impressive.

percentage wise they are as follows. this is in an open manifold,chamion ported off center intake, 70mm TB, Flowing through champion R heads, with no valves. measurements made at the valve opening.

these numbers are in percentage based on the average of the sum of all 6 cylinders. Even would be 100%

#2- 0% (this cylinder might actually be drawing in air slightly)
#4 -72%
#6-173%

#1-50%
#3-129%
#5-175%

When you compare the champion intake to the GBC the champion has 1" added to the lower intake, so it would have 1" more plenum volume under the plate than the BGC

We are shooting for a $79 retail cost for them.

this time instead of simply flowing through a standard up pipe we attached one of our intercooler pipes to make sure the path of the air was the same as the motor.

Jason can you give a comparison between the GBC and the champion with both having your spacer on. I mean does the champion outflow or does it not outflow the bgc and if so by what %. Thanks

Jason can you give a comparison between the GBC and the champion with both having your spacer on. I mean does the champion outflow or does it not outflow the bgc and if so by what %. Thanks

Both should outflow the heads if all were race ported.

this time instead of simply flowing through a standard up pipe we attached one of our intercooler pipes to make sure the path of the air was the same as the motor.

Jason, do you plan on doing any EGT logging before and after the plate install on anyones car? Id love to see those numbers.

If i had both of them at the same time i could. I no longer have a BGC intake and it's port work was significantly different, we have improved our testing setup so i really can't compare the old numbers to the new.

No valves?? :confused:

All valves are not open at the same time are they? :confused:

I already know the eventual path the air is going to follow if you just leave one valve open at a time. That is not what we are measuring here. We are trying to find out what influence the overall air flow path has on each valve opening

let me elaborate a little on this.
In the beginning when we first developed this plate we had all the valves in the head and opened them one at time, we tried to keep the time we opened them exactly the same and then measure how much air came out of each cylinder. We could tell from that test that the path of the air was forcing more air out of the rear cylinders. We found that by removing all the valves it exaggerated our findings of what path the air was following. That is what we were after. By exaggerating the path to it's maximum we could now manipulate and correct the path.