need tuner in atlanta

Sir. Ansalot

just bought 86 gn with turbo tweek and scannmaster unhooked batt. and lost tune need help to get it back
i have all the settings

Here is how to tune it back, this is how you pedal stop it back to tune if you have TT 5.7 chip

Adjustment Procedure To adjust the programmable features, you will need a scantool that can display LV8 and BLM (L8 and BL on Scanmaster). Select a parameter: 1. With key on/engine off, look at LV8 on your scantool. It will display the parameter you will be adjusting. It should display “0” to begin with. 2. Press the gas pedal fully and release 3 times, except on the 3rd press, hold it to the floor. Like this: 1. Press/Release 2. Press/Release 3. Press/Hold -- don’t let go! You must complete this sequence in under 3 seconds! If not, you’ll have to turn the key off, then back on to start over. 3. Keep holding the gas pedal. After about 2 seconds, LV8 will start to cycle from 1 to 4, over and over again. 1 = WOT Fuel - Overall (all gears including 1st gear) 2 = WOT Fuel - 1st gear only (don’t adjust this if you have no MPH signal) 3 = WOT Timing, 1st/2nd gear (applies to all gears if you have no MPH signal) 4 = WOT Timing, 3rd/4th gear (don’t adjust this if you have no MPH signal) 3. When you get to the parameter you want to adjust, release the gas pedal. Wait a couple seconds to make sure the number stopped on the parameter you wanted. Adjust the parameter you just selected: 4. Switch your scantool over to BLM. This will show you what the current setting is of the parameter you selected. 5. If you want to change the setting, press the gas pedal a little over half way and the number should start rising. When it gets to its maximum, it will start over at its minimum and keep going. When you get to the number you want, release the gas pedal. If you push the pedal all the way to the floor, it will increase faster (too fast for some scantools), which is good for users of Directscan, which has a much faster update rate. 6. Key off and the process is complete. If you want to adjust another parameter, key off and back on, and start the process over. The key off/key on motion can be very quick. You do not have to wait any certain amount of time. Notes: If the battery or ECM is disconnected, the memory will be erased and your settings will be lost (they will return to the default 128). I recommend periodically looking at the saved values to make sure they have been retained. Sometimes bad battery cables, a bad starter, bad ignition switch, etc. can cause the ECM to lose its memory when starting the car.

Attachments

• 1447936042954.jpg
    1447936042954.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 1447936065096.jpg
    1447936065096.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Am wondering how/what happened to alert him of the tune loss. Doesn't the tune revert back to base?
No info on the car, makes me wonder what else he may be dealing with.

Am wondering how/what happened to alert him of the tune loss. Doesn't the tune revert back to base?
No info on the car, makes me wonder what else he may be dealing with.
Yes you lose your tune , because you have 4 settings for WOT that you tune with ask me how I know , I keep the settings with me in the dash just for that reason , it goes back to default to 128 when battery is unhooked , if you have say 145 on no# 1 setting you loose that setting because it goes back to 128

Yes you lose your tune , because you have 4 settings for WOT that you tune with ask me how I know , I keep the settings with me in the dash just for that reason , it goes back to default to 128 when battery is unhooked , if you have say 145 on no# 1 setting you loose that setting because it goes back to 128

I've not driven my car w/ the TT set up, and just left the default tune in. I have ordered the tune saver, and will put it in before I try any changes.

"that you tune with ask me how I know ," How do you know? Did you have head gaskets do an "exit left"??:jawdrop::D

Another thing you can do is once you get it tuned and log the settings , you can send it back to TT and let him tune it back into the chip so your tune will be where you tuned it to .