AXIS TRANSLATOR/TUNER

Yup. Carb cleanered it overnite, blasted it, painted it, ran solvent thru it, blew it out before installing it. Half assed it like everything else....

Looks like a tough problem how are you making out? Some food for thought if you have not found your problem yet.
BLM resets to 128 when ECM power has been lost or disconnected. The chip uses open loop idle, but will be closed loop on the first startup, so has to run long enough to learn for proper open loop idle. I would imagine this also resets when ECM power is lost and has to idle for some time to relearn on the first restart. Eric should confirm.

The IAT input is used for timing control, so fueling does not adjust for air temp. Can remove IAT from the trouble tree as this sensor should not be connected.

Inputs to the fueling below - the operation of these (and any I may have missed) should be confirmed with powerlogger that the ECM is getting a good signal and verified good and reasonable values. Maybe someone can provide who has similar stuff.
MAF
TPS
Coolant Temp
RPM
Voltage
O2 sensor

Other sources of air leaks, MAF couplings, inlet pipes and couplings, intercooler and couplings, PCV if used. Any place that can pull air down stream of the MAF sensor.

Overall, if a sensor is giving an incorrect input, power logger should pick it up.
If the axis was giving a bad input, a comparison with a good running car PL file could help diagnose.

IAT NOT connected, capped off, not using the timing function yet.
Checked during "lean pop":
Spark, all 6 plugs,
All 6 injectors pulsing,
All vac lines capped,
Wiggle/pull/yank test on every wire!
Scanmaster verified #s,
Wideband showing slightly lean,

Now on to what it was!!!!!!!!!
Cam sensor intermittent, not wires, something inside!!!!!!!!
NO TROUBLE CODES!!!!!!!
Start it, unplug cam sensor, RUNS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gonna pull it today after work if I have time. Take it apart, decide what to do then.
I'm kinda disappointed that NO ONE, on here or any vendors suggested it!
I thought it would have set a code, it didn't.
Problem came and went, sometimes with temp, sometimes not......
I apparently must have hit the tuning/parts combo pretty close, cause it sounds great! Now...
I don't know what I'm gonna find when I get it apart, or what I will need.
At least, I know what it is!
Soon after I bought my first GN new, it set a code, and was hard to start, but ran normally. The dealer replaced the cam sensor, and all was well till it got stolen a few years later.
I ASSUMED if there was an issue with the cam sensor, it would be hard to start, and set a code like my first car. Guess not.....
TIMINATOR

well, that is some pretty solid technicianing there. good find. as these vehicles age, a lot of "new" ailments will crop up. great you were able to isolate that.

I thought I was smarter than this!
It took way too long to find it, but to my credit, I am running a business, answering fones, ordering stuff, checking it in when delivered, and working on the car a few minutes here and there when available. I kept losing track of what I did, even though I have a small mountain of notes...
I have seen cam sensor issues, but not with these symptoms, nor lack of trouble codes.
When that's fixed, I need to take off the deep oil pan and move the drain to the side, rather than have it sticking 3/4" below the crossmember. That's a FUBAR waiting to happen, especially with the front lowered 2".
I also need to add some more header wrap on the downpipe near the fuel and brake hoses.
I'd like to run it up to the Bell rd. car show Saturday nite!
TIMINATOR

imagine how those scanner kids feel when they have no clue about real diagnostics. that is one of the things that make these cars so great and so bad at the same time. really have to be on your game to find the cause and fix one of these.
no shame in your game.

Thanks Texas! I was beginning to doubt my self! I am a semi retired professional Hi Perf. machinist/engine builder and was beating myself up pretty badly, wondering what I missed that caused my problems. I am used to having a handle on everything, it's my job, my business, that's why this is so frustrating! At least I have a direction now! Thanks to all who gave me ideas and directions! We all learned something, I did anyway.
A humbling experience, I probably needed that!
TIMINATOR

I thought I was smarter than this!
It took way too long to find it, but to my credit, I am running a business, answering fones, ordering stuff, checking it in when delivered, and working on the car a few minutes here and there when available. I kept losing track of what I did, even though I have a small mountain of notes...
I have seen cam sensor issues, but not with these symptoms, nor lack of trouble codes.
When that's fixed, I need to take off the deep oil pan and move the drain to the side, rather than have it sticking 3/4" below the crossmember. That's a FUBAR waiting to happen, especially with the front lowered 2".
I also need to add some more header wrap on the downpipe near the fuel and brake hoses.
I'd like to run it up to the Bell rd. car show Saturday nite!
TIMINATOR
Glad you found it, some stuff takes skill and determination, this was one of those times. Nice job.