Local ECN-GN tuners in the Detroit Michigan area

Sleeper 6

Hi all I'm new to the community but I am an original GN owner since 87 so I have looked through this forum for years. Anyway can anyone recommend a good ECN-GN tuner in the local Detroit area? I'm looking for a local shop with a dyno that can review my current tune and offer up expert advice on things that should be changed. I need help finalizing my 93 and alky tune and then plan to switch to E85 after that tune is correct. I really like the ECN-GN computer which has forced me to better understand my car. I believe I'm on the right tuning path but by no way am I an expert. Any help would be great.

Original owner here, too. Nice to know there's a few of us around. Have you talked to Full Throttle in Frasier, MI. They sell the ECU-GN. They are advertising dyno tuning services now. Used to be the old Ramchargers way back when. I'm in Kalamazoo and my goals are different so I have not used them for any dyno work. Based on your build I would guess you know who they are. Good luck with your build, it looks like it will be quick.

Thanks and yes I do know them. My car is mainly a street car. My current tune doesn't seem to be to bad, just want to be sure that I'm not doing something dumb just from lack of experience. That's why I'm looking for help from someone local that can look over what I have been doing and make recommendations on what might work better or maybe see something I'm missing. I'm looking to run low boost for longevity. My goal is to get 600 to 650 hp at the lowest boost I need to get there and hopefully run in the mid 10s. That is why I'm asking for help.

The ecuGN is based on MS3Pro technology, so if you are calling around to shops you might need to explain this.

FTS has experience tuning them and is a dealer.

I would presume there are many shops that can tune MS3/Megasquirt based stuff, and if you need support or assistance, drop me a line.

Bob

Hi all I'm new to the community but I am an original GN owner since 87 so I have looked through this forum for years. Anyway can anyone recommend a good ECN-GN tuner in the local Detroit area? I'm looking for a local shop with a dyno that can review my current tune and offer up expert advice on things that should be changed. I need help finalizing my 93 and alky tune and then plan to switch to E85 after that tune is correct. I really like the ECN-GN computer which has forced me to better understand my car. I believe I'm on the right tuning path but by no way am I an expert. Any help would be great.
You can also have someone remote tune it

Thanks again for the responses. I can talk to FTS.

Mr. Spool who would you recommend I should talk to for remote tuning? Also is remote tuning something that should be considered when tuning E85 when trying to optimize timing?

Another question is my goal even achievable at low boost, like something under 20 lbs. with the build I have? Thanks.

Another question is my goal even achievable at low boost, like something under 20 lbs. with the build I have?
At under 20 psi you hardly need alky injection yet alone E85 . If you plan on running E85 you can hit your goal be you will need to turn up the boost . Remember boost is just a number , I've run 30 psi for years on E85 , just make sure your tune is good .

Thanks for the support.

Dynoman, your combo has many similar items as mine so thanks for you insight on what I need to do. How are your injector duty cycles at 29 psi? Also how do you like the Racetronic pump? I had to raise the FP to 48 and reduce the hobbs switch to 4 psi to keep up. But my tune is still a little fat based on the way I have it set up.

Injector duty cycle was at 82% . I needed more injector and that's why I switched from a stock modded ECU to a Holley HP , 210 lb. injectors and a Aeromotive 3.5gpm Brushless spur gear pump .
I had raised my fuel pressure to 49psi a while back and it seemed to help . I had good luck with the Racetronix double pumper , but they were 5 years old so I replaced them and upgraded at the same time . I have a new motor , ECU , injectors , turbo , converter now so I will be changing my signature soon .

Thanks again. My motor has about 4000 miles on it. I just upgraded to 120 lbs injectors and to a new Racetronic pump last October. I'm not sure if our pumps are the same or different??? All I can hope is that I didn't make a mistake and should of upgraded the pump and injectors even larger. My opinion is I'm good for what I want my car is really just a street car that might go to the track every 5 years or so.

120# injectors seem to not go too far on E85. I am still working on tuning on my car (CNC Irons, HPT-6466,FMIC,etc) and in the Holley at 17psi I was seeing 40% DC, 22psi 62% DC. When I had a 6766 on the car I saw 72% DC at 25psi. I have a set of Racetronix 160# injectors sitting on the shelf (that I still need to get to Chuck to clean/flow) that I will use if I start seeing over 85% DC.

You should be fine with what you have just keep an eye on duty cycle , afr & FP . My issues started with the new motor and needing more fuel and I wanted to keep a cushion on duty cycle .
The pumps are the same as my old set up ( in my signature ) .

120# injectors seem to not go too far on E85. I am still working on tuning on my car (CNC Irons, HPT-6466,FMIC,etc) and in the Holley at 17psi I was seeing 40% DC, 22psi 62% DC. When I had a 6766 on the car I saw 72% DC at 25psi. I have a set of Racetronix 160# injectors sitting on the shelf (that I still need to get to Chuck to clean/flow) that I will use if I start seeing over 85% DC.
The highest duty cycle I saw was 85% @ 31psi with the motor in my signature . I heard that the low Z 160's had poor light throttle response and since I changed to Holley and needed new injectors I went straight to the Bosch 210's which are claimed to be a great overall injector with room to grow .

I've seen 37psi on e85 and 120s with a killer pump and high base fuel pressure running a 64 bb turbo

Mr. Spool thanks but are you saying that at "37psi on e85 and 120s with a killer pump and high base fuel pressure running a 64 bb turbo" the duty cycle was at 100%? If yes then isn't that similar to what the guys above are saying.? When you mention a "killer pump" what pump is it and what flow rate does that pump have at I'm assuming around 90 lbs at the FPR? Should I be concerned that I don't have enough pump that I just upgraded last fall? My FP is set to 48.5 and from the seat of the pants feel the car seems to like it??? I know I still have work to do on my tune which will change things. I also realize you were responding to TType85 but your response just makes me wonder about my newly installed parts. Thanks again.

Mr. Spool thanks but are you saying that at "37psi on e85 and 120s with a killer pump and high base fuel pressure running a 64 bb turbo" the duty cycle was at 100%? If yes then isn't that similar to what the guys above are saying.? When you mention a "killer pump" what pump is it and what flow rate does that pump have at I'm assuming around 90 lbs at the FPR? Should I be concerned that I don't have enough pump that I just upgraded last fall? My FP is set to 48.5 and from the seat of the pants feel the car seems to like it??? I know I still have work to do on my tune which will change things. I also realize you were responding to TType85 but your response just makes me wonder about my newly installed parts. Thanks again.
Hes probably talking about an 7.0 GPM brushless spur gear pump , you would need 160s, 210s, 220s injector for a cushion on e85 on super high boost, i run the Racetronix double 725pump at 32psi on e85 it keeps up dam good.

That was my car he was referring to when he was trying to dial in the tune on my new motor & fuel pump combo . The pump is a Aeromotive 3.5gpm brushless spur gear . I mainly went to this pump because my 680lph double pumper was 7 years old not 5 and I wasn't going to chance a pump failure and hurt a new motor . The 3.5gpm pump output = 795lph and will supply way more fuel than I'll ever need . I believe he raised the base FP to 50-51psi and the injectors were at 95+ duty cycle . I still think you pumps will be ok , just set up a fuel pressure or duty cycle safety parameter in the GN ECU which I believe it has .