Just installed nice new FMIC

ineil

Attachments

• DSC0017.jpg
    DSC0017.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 925
Buger, do you have any pix of this installed. I wanted to ask my wife for this at Christmas but I wasn't sure of the brand. I heard stories about those knockoff headers on ebay and I was scared of the FMIC. Anyone notice a difference in performance?

Can you take some actual measurments of it before you get it in??

I was allways curious about it's dimensions, since they're not listed in the auction.

Good luck with it.

Pretty much a straight up reproduction of the old Cartech/Kenne Bell intercooler. Its a decent design, especially for what you probably paid for it.

I replaced my very old stretch stock location with this. Very minor modification, as in drilling two holes under the plate covering the radiator. I will try to have pics tomorrow.

be curious to see what you gain over a stretched intercooler :confused: :cool:

my dads car loves its ebay intercooler. Looks like you have a nice setup, let us know how it runs compared to the stretched stock location.
Picture136.jpg

I got this FMIC off of E-Bay:
eBay Motors: 1986 Buick Grand National FMIC Bell Intercooler Kit (item 300065544005 end time Jan-06-07 17:30:18 PST)

I know it's not one of those monsters many of you may have, but it is a real nice piece and the fit was good. I replaced my very old stretch stock location with this. Very minor modification, as in drilling two holes under the plate covering the radiator. I will try to have pics tomorrow.

I was looking at this same one the other day, and dieing to hear how it works out and what you think of it. please post the installed pix and power differences/ press drop differences.

thanks,

BMF

I have the same intercooler! Not hard to install at all. I made my own pipes, I still have to weld them and polish them up. Oh by the way, it will be fro sale soon. Got a killer RJC FMIC.
IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg
IMG_1969.jpg

:eek: intake pipe looks like it's about to touch the spinning Alt wheel

still loks great...

Here are the pics of the FMIC. It is by no means huge, but fits and looks nice. The pipes come in from the drivers side rather then the bottom.

Attachments

• S5030077.JPG
    S5030077.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 483