Its Back!!!! TWINZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

468 on another aborted run. I dont know that we'll see 500 with these turbos but I think we'll get close. Car has only made 500 with a GTQ71 so we're going to be able to get really close and the spoolup is MUCH quicker than the 71, almost instant. In fact, it comes on so fast, we're gonna need a boost controller to be able to ramp the boost in slower to keep traction under control. Fortunately the ISAC will do that ;)

We're stopping to put a wideband bung in the downpipe so we can datalog it with the FAST and not have to rely on the dyno wideband O2. Should have more numbers shortly.

Video will be posted shortly.

keep em comin!!! Very cool cant wait to see the videos

Im going to make a decent video showing the system off as soon as he gets the bung installed. This is such a neat setup and it makes the power. My goal with this setup was to have something you could put on an otherwise stock car and run mid 11s or faster. Add in heads and 10s are no problem.

We had a car in here a few months ago that made 489ish at the wheels and ran 10.40s so this setup should run 10s easily.

THIS car ran 10.30s with a GTQ71 and only made 509 at the wheels.

520 at the wheels. We just surpassed what the car made with a GTQ71.

589 at the wheels and its still going up. We're going to stop here as I dont think the shortblock will take any more.

other than the cool look of it, what's the benefit of the stock twins over a large single? i guess the smaller twins would spool faster but i think they'd run out of breath up top.

interesting in seeing the dyno results.

Well, interesting news. The twins made more power throughout the entire run. The 71 fell off up top where the twins kept the power climing. Almost 70hp more up top than the 71mm.

Jeff

Heres the video. Dyno sheet to follow.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-lEVTMf94w[/YOUTUBE]

Dyno sheet right here. The AF looks like the car was lean but the car wasnt. The FAST wideband was reading in the 11.0 region however where the wideband for the dyno was located and the size if the pipe it was in, you cant really get an accurate reading there.

Attachments

• twins dyno sheet.jpg
    twins dyno sheet.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 924
Shameless promotion.. we can build a kit similar to this for anyone that wants one. It would be cleaner than this one with the turbos located in different spots but it would make the same power.

How much boost?

24 on the 520 numbers, 28 on the 589.

We really dont have much timing in the engine. You could run 24 PSI on 93 octane with methanol easily with the timing we're running.

Awesome numbers!! Ran a lil lean in the upper rpms? How much timing? Im trying to learn about these Gns but i absolutely love them!

Its not lean. Its from trying to sample from a 3.5 inch open pipe. The FAST wideband was up by the turbo and was showing 11.0-11.2 for the entire run.