is this ta49 too small now?

87berger

Hello all, I have a stroked block a 212/218 roller cam and ported cast heads and a 9.5 ptc with alky . The car runs strong and spools fast but i cant get the TA49 to get over 20#s. Some advice ive received was that the turbo is maxed out and thats all i"ll get out of it. Could it be a waste gate issue or is the turbo too small now? thanks any advice will be apreciated

Probably out of breath. Run extreme tension on the wastegate and no pressure to open it and see where it goes. If you trap about 120mph its done.

What intercooler are you running? It might not be able to push enough air. It only rated at something like 750cfm's.

That seems to bea common responce. well .... i guess i need to start turbo shoping .. Ive been looking at the 6262 or a 6265 ? I may meed to start another thread for turbo suggestions

That seems to bea common responce. well .... i guess i need to start turbo shoping .. Ive been looking at the 6262 or a 6265 ? I may meed to start another thread for turbo suggestions
im running the stock ic with the dutweiler neck

yeah the waiste gate is tight Id say 3/8 of an inch from the post ! I dont think its a high pressure one though ? Would that make much of a difference?

87berger said:
yeah the waiste gate is tight Id say 3/8 of an inch from the post ! I dont think its a high pressure one though ? Would that make much of a difference?

Wire it closed