Refresh engine

You can use Jason Cramers from RJC racing he sells a bullet proof Headgasket kit comes with a special silicone and doesn’t require the machining that a Cometic does.Call RJC Racing and speak with him.Anything over 30 over and they can’t be used.

Before porting the heads, I always fill the crossover, and A.I.R. ports with aluminum, and plug the end ones with setscrews/loctite/ and peen the threads.
That's advanced stuff, but if you want to do it once, nows the time....
TIMINATOR

So I better do bearings and rings since is already out. And leave tha cam alone. Right?
Is it worth it to put cometic head gaskets and arp bolts? New double roller chain? TIA!
Mr Spool. If I do te5857 turbo. Can I use 218/212 cam and do I need ported heads? TIA!

Post 11
A cast 5857 is not a match for 218 cam.
That's a good cam with a ported head and a much bigger turbo.
I end up selling that cam. What’s good cam for that turbo? Is that turbo too much for stock engine? TIA!

That turbo is a good match for a stock engine
The amount of boost where you want to run the car for where your happy vs what kind of converter and suspension is for you to decide.
In the end it's where your happy with what you have invested.
All power levels will be dictated by the turbo
So whatever turbo is chosen
Should be based on power and response.

That turbo is a good match for a stock engine
The amount of boost where you want to run the car for where your happy vs what kind of converter and suspension is for you to decide.
In the end it's where your happy with what you have invested.
All power levels will be dictated by the turbo
So whatever turbo is chosen
Should be based on power and response.
Thank you

I run the felpro stock replacement head gasket at 20 psi and 11.20’s in 1/4. No detonation is the secret. Some say the 84/85 head gasket is better…. Ran felpro 1000 for years on stock combo 20-22 psi. ARP head bolts since 93

I run the felpro stock replacement head gasket at 20 psi and 11.20’s in 1/4. No detonation is the secret. Some say the 84/85 head gasket is better…. Ran felpro 1000 for years on stock combo 20-22 psi. ARP head bolts since 93
Here’s my carnage with those gaskets at 25psi and no detonation.Heads where studded as well.Called Felpro spoke with a Rep he said not use them anymore over stock boost levels they can’t handle cylinder pressure that high.As you can see they where disappearing a little bit at a time and going into the motor until that final blow on 6.

Attachments

• IMG_2354.jpeg
    IMG_2354.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2358.jpeg
    IMG_2358.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2359.jpeg
    IMG_2359.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2438.jpeg
    IMG_2438.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2439.jpeg
    IMG_2439.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 31
The head gasket subject has been covered throughout the years on this board and those of us who tune and turn wrenches.
Stock motor graphite gaskets has its limitations and when those are reached they blow out
But.....
You lose the gasket
Steel gaskets move the damage into the piston area in most cases.
So......
You need to be on a good tune
But then again
One should always be🙂
any weakness in fuel system and octane and timing and the car will get hurt regardless of the gasket.
And too much cylinder pressure for the hards parts will also hurt the car.
The rjc worked great years ago we found out the stock pistons like to wink at you if cylinder pressure is too high😉
But the gasket came out good🤣
I use multilayer cometics for the high horsepower stuff these days.
But on the stock motor builds the rjc gasket works great past the piston strength.

The head gasket subject has been covered throughout the years on this board and those of us who tune and turn wrenches.
Stock motor graphite gaskets has its limitations and when those are reached they blow out
But.....
You lose the gasket
Steel gaskets move the damage into the piston area in most cases.
So......
You need to be on a good tune
But then again
One should always be🙂
any weakness in fuel system and octane and timing and the car will get hurt regardless of the gasket.
And too much cylinder pressure for the hards parts will also hurt the car.
The rjc worked great years ago we found out the stock pistons like to wink at you if cylinder pressure is too high😉
But the gasket came out good🤣
I use multilayer cometics for the high horsepower stuff these days.
But on the stock motor builds the rjc gasket works great past the piston strength.
Absolutely Head gasket ain’t beating your bearings. Detonating did that be it too much timing lean or octane or combination
72EBAA52-AAB1-452F-A02E-946BFA771BF1.jpeg

That’s from 93 had an injector go bad on a street pass heard knock and let off but by the time u hear it. Make sure knock sensor is 100% working. Had one fail. There is a torque setting that affects sensitivity! Old trick was Teflon tale threads to make it less sensitive…never do that. Mine is torqued slightly higher.
RJC gasket is very good. My friend fubarred a weisco piston with cometics from wrong tune on accident