I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto

Ditto....
.......Or just sell it to someone who has the time and the money to keep it the collector car that it is. It IS, just a car. Your family is worth WAY more than a Buick or Cobra or waht ever else kinda toy there is. Keep your family happy and fed. You can always buy another project car. Besides a turbocharged GenIII V8 car is a better way to go. I have been building Buick turbo cars since 1988. They are GREAT cars, but.....they are just a car. Sheet metal and trouble.:D Buy a commuter car, work on getting a higher paying job, invest some money in a house, retirement and kids schooling, THEN buy a toy. I had to drop out of the Buick scene for a few years to get my kids through high school and Crew (championship rowing, they competed nationally and THAT ain't cheap folks!:eek: ) It was the best money/time I have ever spent. Family first. She married you, not the car. Good luck, move on, and don't ever second guess your decisions.:) Take a step back and take a breath of fresh air.....You will have a huge burden lifted from your shoulders.

Believe me, she never lets me forget it. And its way overboard. She has no hobbies other than shopping, so its much better for her that I sit on the couch and stare at the TV with her, than do something I enjoy. I've asked her to come out and work on the car with me or at least hang out while I work on it, if she's so concerned with us being together every second. But she never takes me up on it. I cant change my spark plugs without "you're always working on that thing...you love that car more than me! "I hate that car!.."its stupid and ugly"....I get **** for washing it once every 2 months! I used to hear the EXACT same thing with the cobra. Then today she tells me I should have never sold the cobra and I was an idiot to do that and it was so nice...blah blah blah...Without an outlet for your passions, you die. And Ive been in that boat for awhile. She is the furthest thing from a hot rodder's chick. Not 1 guy in her family is into cars, so she doesnt get it. To her, life is all about family. Nothing wrong with that, but when family lives so far, and has control of everything you think and do, when you're 29 years old...thats too much. Time to think for yourself. There are so many family functions, its hard sometimes to get anything done, when her family lives 50 miles away. And they never will drive to us, its always to them. If you dont show up, no matter if you're in the emergency room, then the "he doesnt love you...and "you deserve better" whispering in her ear starts, which ends in tons of trouble at home...a bunch of people who I'm very nice to, and are nice to me to my face, and then stab me in the back....trust me, I know no one who could hold her up and support her through so much nonsense for so long. I get that, but when your mother in law tells your wife how to think, feel, what to expect, what to do, no matter how bad the advise, she does what her mom thinks she should do, and never ever listens to anything I say we need to do. Had I had some cooperation, we would have alot of cash in the bank and have multiple properties by now, great credit again....but every time I want to do the right thing, she has to shut it down, because she's more about the feeling of "right now" than the common sense of what tomorrow will bring if you dont prepare. She is the strongest willed woman Ive ever known and no matter what you say or do, she's getting what she wants and calls it "compromise". I was saying a year and a half ago that a real estate crash was coming and we needed to sell our house at peak before we were upside down and trapped. I gave her tons of credible info from many people in the know...through someone close who "knows things"....cant be more detailed than that. We could have walked away with 90k after only living there 3 years, paid all our bills, fixed our credit, have cash in the bank, wait for the crash to happen, buy a bigger, better house, cheaper, and start buying other property. She did her usual tantrum, throwing household objects at me and screaming that she didnt want to "take a step back" by losing the house and living in a condo for a couple years. I said the step back was coming no matter what, but the question is "how do you want to come out of the "step back"? I said "do you want to come out of this by losing the house to a bankruptcy"...which its looking like the only option now. I'm fortunate to have grown up around many real estate masters, and she couldnt take advantage of it cause she's too obsessed with the fact she's the only one of her friends with a house, and couldnt let it go. She ignored and refused to believe what I was saying about the coming crash, and called the master of finance, her mother, who told her the same thing all her coddling family members do...tell her what feels warm and fuzzy and safe "right now" and told her "theres no crash coming, just refinance the house and stay there". No matter the stink I made, nothing can trump mother in law's dictate. So like prophecy, heres the crash, the 90k in equity is gone, after an equity refi with a stupid rate on an interest only loan, and a collapsing market with destroyed credit. A loan designed for people who just want a house and could care less about terms. Those loans are the reason the foreclosure rate is at record highs. Its been an exhausting uphill battle from day 1.
I think you guys are witnessing the downward spiral before complete madness, lol. :eek: This is some real tech talk here....jesus. I'm always bitching about something, and I think I can trace everything to 1 point.

KEEP THE CAR AND GET RID OF THE WIFE:wink: . IF YOU NEED A GOOD LAWYER ILL GIVE YOU THE NUMBER OF MY X-WIFES LAWYER, SHE WAS GREAT SHE GOT ME FOR EVERYTHING:biggrin: ;)

I hate to say it..... because I make it sound like it is easy.... but you have issues at home that need dealing with.

IMHO... If you don't already have kids.... to me it doesn't sound nearly stable enough... that the new child can bring stability to. IMHO.... a relationship needs to be real stable before a child comes in the picture. To me it sounds like if you don't already have any..... back off a little while and cool off. IMHO... and I know it is none-of-my-business... so you can tell me to go take a hike.... but if you give her full rein to go take up hobbies she needs to do the same for you...... Your situation has me really feeling sorry for you. I would absolutely go crazy if I didn't have a "hot-rod" release. I also deer hunt... and that is a release as well.... IMHO....a man needs his space just like a woman.

If you don't already have kids... go get counciling.... and get it all in the open.... and if that doesn't work.... I'd be looking for a lawyer.

You can tell me to go butt a stump now.

Move farther away from the out-laws, er, in-laws. Just kidding, Brent, but I would not bring a baby or kid into that relationship. All kidding aside, Brent, I do not envy you one bit. Been there, sorta, done that, sorta, & screw that, sorta. Now I am so old that no woman would want to put up with me, and I would worry about one that would. Good luck with this.

Dude, I dont know what to tell you except hang in there. Life is freakin crazy and thats all there is to it. I dont know how many nights I sit here and just think "Is this really why I'm alive, to sit here and wonder what the hell to do with my next step?'' I guess I always fear which steps to take to move forward because everytime I try, I end up going 3-4 steps back. Thats the beauty of it though man, thats why we live, just to see what happens next and try to make better choices in the future. Thats where having children comes into play, for everything we learn in our mistakes, we teach our kids what to and what not to do. Then we just hope they make good choices. I hate to say it but we live and die and thats pretty much it. things like the GN are only reminders that we can stop and enjoy something here and there. I guess thats why I wouldnt drive my toy, becuase then it's not a toy anymore. Spend 500 bones on a beater and weight to give that baby a good stable life, then worry about the GN when it's not such a burden. It may actually be a stress relief someday!:) But I honestly wouldnt have a baby with that girl because then it's really bad, trust me! I am going through it right now and I'm a single dad that is going through hell just to see my son. Woman think on emotions, we think on logic. My ex's family was the same way and I am still dealing with it.

I hate to say it..... because I make it sound like it is easy.... but you have issues at home that need dealing with.

IMHO... If you don't already have kids.... to me it doesn't sound nearly stable enough... that the new child can bring stability to. IMHO.... a relationship needs to be real stable before a child comes in the picture. To me it sounds like if you don't already have any..... back off a little while and cool off. IMHO... and I know it is none-of-my-business... so you can tell me to go take a hike.... but if you give her full rein to go take up hobbies she needs to do the same for you...... Your situation has me really feeling sorry for you. I would absolutely go crazy if I didn't have a "hot-rod" release. I also deer hunt... and that is a release as well.... IMHO....a man needs his space just like a woman.

If you don't already have kids... go get counciling.... and get it all in the open.... and if that doesn't work.... I'd be looking for a lawyer.

You can tell me to go butt a stump now.

Well put.

I am a father of two boys. Children will change your life!!
My wife and I have a great relationship. She still gives me a hard time every once-in-a-while about working on the car but I can walk away from it as it is not my daily driver. I have to balance the remodeling of the house, work, the car, personal time with her. She is awesome about it all. I did just buy her a new 08 Lancer GTS to keep her happy though:biggrin:

If your relationship is not good now I would suggest working on that first and backing off on the adoption for now as well. This will be a life altering decision for you and I wish you well. She sound extremely unreasonable...
I would give her walking papers, life is too short to have to work at having a relationship.
I hope I have not offended you. Good luck.
Bryan

[Woman think on emotions, we think on logic. My ex's family was the same way and I am still dealing with it.[/QUOTE]

Not all women think in emotions. My wife does not think on emotions-rather money coming and out. I am one of the fortunate ones who got lucky. I sit and wonder how to get rid of my knock problem and I realize the issue is not important. I am lucky that my wife Sue and I are over the hump with our two sons !7age and 14age.
I am not here to preach. I agree with MJRWOOD- Park the car for now or more importlanty hide it from the Attorneys' Brad

Believe me, she never lets me forget it. And its way overboard. She has no hobbies other than shopping, so its much better for her that I sit on the couch and stare at the TV with her, than do something I enjoy. I've asked her to come out and work on the car with me or at least hang out while I work on it, if she's so concerned with us being together every second. But she never takes me up on it. I cant change my spark plugs without "you're always working on that thing...you love that car more than me! "I hate that car!.."its stupid and ugly"....I get **** for washing it once every 2 months! I used to hear the EXACT same thing with the cobra. Then today she tells me I should have never sold the cobra and I was an idiot to do that and it was so nice...blah blah blah...Without an outlet for your passions, you die. And Ive been in that boat for awhile. She is the furthest thing from a hot rodder's chick. Not 1 guy in her family is into cars, so she doesnt get it. To her, life is all about family. Nothing wrong with that, but when family lives so far, and has control of everything you think and do, when you're 29 years old...thats too much. Time to think for yourself. There are so many family functions, its hard sometimes to get anything done, when her family lives 50 miles away. And they never will drive to us, its always to them. If you dont show up, no matter if you're in the emergency room, then the "he doesnt love you...and "you deserve better" whispering in her ear starts, which ends in tons of trouble at home...a bunch of people who I'm very nice to, and are nice to me to my face, and then stab me in the back....trust me, I know no one who could hold her up and support her through so much nonsense for so long. I get that, but when your mother in law tells your wife how to think, feel, what to expect, what to do, no matter how bad the advise, she does what her mom thinks she should do, and never ever listens to anything I say we need to do. Had I had some cooperation, we would have alot of cash in the bank and have multiple properties by now, great credit again....but every time I want to do the right thing, she has to shut it down, because she's more about the feeling of "right now" than the common sense of what tomorrow will bring if you dont prepare. She is the strongest willed woman Ive ever known and no matter what you say or do, she's getting what she wants and calls it "compromise". I was saying a year and a half ago that a real estate crash was coming and we needed to sell our house at peak before we were upside down and trapped. I gave her tons of credible info from many people in the know...through someone close who "knows things"....cant be more detailed than that. We could have walked away with 90k after only living there 3 years, paid all our bills, fixed our credit, have cash in the bank, wait for the crash to happen, buy a bigger, better house, cheaper, and start buying other property. She did her usual tantrum, throwing household objects at me and screaming that she didnt want to "take a step back" by losing the house and living in a condo for a couple years. I said the step back was coming no matter what, but the question is "how do you want to come out of the "step back"? I said "do you want to come out of this by losing the house to a bankruptcy"...which its looking like the only option now. I'm fortunate to have grown up around many real estate masters, and she couldnt take advantage of it cause she's too obsessed with the fact she's the only one of her friends with a house, and couldnt let it go. She ignored and refused to believe what I was saying about the coming crash, and called the master of finance, her mother, who told her the same thing all her coddling family members do...tell her what feels warm and fuzzy and safe "right now" and told her "theres no crash coming, just refinance the house and stay there". No matter the stink I made, nothing can trump mother in law's dictate. So like prophecy, heres the crash, the 90k in equity is gone, after an equity refi with a stupid rate on an interest only loan, and a collapsing market with destroyed credit. A loan designed for people who just want a house and could care less about terms. Those loans are the reason the foreclosure rate is at record highs. Its been an exhausting uphill battle from day 1.
I think you guys are witnessing the downward spiral before complete madness, lol. :eek: This is some real tech talk here....jesus. I'm always bitching about something, and I think I can trace everything to 1 point.

I know you have head it enough from a bunch of guys, and you can tell me to piss off, because it is not my business. But FWIW... I think it would be a good idea to try to work things with the spouse. If things dont work, then you know what to do. My parents divorced when I was young, and I was very lucky because things were handled extremely well. As you and many others know, once divorce happens, all hell breaks loose, because another body from the opposing side says "you should take them for...." enough said on that, I think you get the picture. Back to my first point, My parents divorced when I was young, It was very hard (even though it was handled well). Please dont put a child through that pain...Its too much on them. Take care of your personal problems with you and your wife before you bring fourth a child. Again, just my opinion, and I do know its not my business, so sorry if I offended you. Hope things workout for the best for you.

sorry for your misfortunes. if i were you i would sell and put your love for buicks on the backburner. once your in and have the bug you will have it for life. then when you have your life in control i would go out and find a nice turbo buick and hopefully find one that doesnt have a virus. LOL. i know mine has had a lot of bugs. i feel your pain because i to in my past had to choose between a car or family. and now years later i am in better shape with my family, money and have a car to rattle my brain. so good luck to you in all your decisions and i hope you will be still helping out on the board with problems that we are having

I WILL MAKE YOU ALL A BET ,,,HE WILL SELL THE CAR ,WORK 60 HRS A WEEK LET HER HAVE HER BABY ,SUCK UP TO HER ,,,AND IN ONE YEAR FROM NOW IT WILL NOT BE ANY BETTER THAN BEFORE,,,,,I AM 58 YEARS OLD ,MARRIED FOR 40 YEARS TO A VERY GOOD WOMEN,, CANT YOU GUYS READ BETWEEN THE LINES,,,HE IS TELLING US SHE IS A WHI..:mad:

get rid of the car and the wife. now the 2 major big stresses are out of your life. take a year or however long to mellow out, relax, and focus on getting your health and financial back on track. When (if) the time comes again you think you want to start fresh and get one of these cars again,...you'll have tons of priceless experiance and knowledge to start out with this time, and you'll be way more selective to get a much better cared for tb this time around. these cars aren't going anywhere, and I am of the strong opinion they're not going to get that much more rare in the next 5-10 years

It sounds like the car isn't the real problem, or rather not your worst problem.

Whether it's this car, or some other "hobby" it sounds like you need to work out some problems with your wife and get some sort of counseling or help with the relationship. If YOU are tired of the car, I don't mean tired of hearing about the car but you yourself are tired of it, maybe you should sell, but if it's not the car as much as it is the bitching it causes, then don't sell it.

Just my 2 cents, and frankly I probably owe you some change.

I agree with the last post. Even if the car has to go, you can always get another one when things aren't as tight. I'm from California, too, and I know what the cost of living out here can do with the old finances. I'm still trying work my car into my life after having it in storage (neglected) for years. Watch your health, man! Not going to the doctor to let him kill you faster sounds good on paper, but.... I felt the same way until I had chest pains so bad I actually went in. An angiogram later, I was told I had an artery that was 98 percent blocked (which was opened) and I would have had a heart attack within a month or two (which I may or may not have survived) if I wouldn't have went in. All this at age 44. I would never argue that there are no turbo cars in heaven, but I'd like to drive mine a little longer on the earth. Best of luck to you, man. Hang in there!

I'm with the other guys in this thread that have basically said set some stuff aside and take a break. Sounds like the car has been raking you over the coals. Unfortunately some of these cars can be a pain. I don't know the details of your car but maybe you got hold of a Regal that hasn't had a great life.

Just try to find your sanity and peace some how, I know it isn't easy these days.

I vote for parking it until you don't hate it anymore, then try it again. My buddy did that with his fbody for like 5 years but he finally decided to work on it again, and then he really enjoyed it.

There is a reason people **** their pants when they see these cars on the road. Don't lose sight of that even during hard times. Hope it works out for you.

Just unload that POS. I havent regreted one bit selling mine. I wish I never got into these cars. I lost way too much money and didnt really enjoy the car. Dont listen too the rest of the people on this board. Get rid of your car and move on. Ill tell you one thing, im glad that I did. My new Harley keeps me occupied and my girlfriend enjoys my Harley way more then she enjoyed my Buick. All my Buick did was give her a headache. Now we both get a tan and some fresh air in our faces.

James

The most important thing is to be happy in this world. Reduce your stresses and try to start over..Your still a young man....

That's funny I got rid my Roadking to buy a turbo buick and Love it, I can go on cruises with my kids and wife, not get stuck in the rain and cold and have less of a chance on getting run over.Dude things will get better hang in there life puts you though this s#$t to make you stronger!

Status
Not open for further replies.