If you remember, what did gas cost when you gradutaed high school?

Less than 30 cents . Then when the gas wars would hit it would be less than 20 cents. Farmers would fill everything they could find that would hold gas. You could go on a date and drive around all night on $5.00.

1993.. $.90 to $1.00, usually. it went up and down some, but i really first noticed gas getting more expensive in 98 or so when it hit $1.35.

Around 55-60 cents per gallon in 1974, also had the "gas shortages" think around that time. Remember in CT you could only fill up cars on certain days where they went by the end number on your license plate. Before personalized plates! I used to just swap license plates on cars if I really needed gas in a certain car that didn't have the right number.

Don't know what "gast" is but every one else is talking about gasoline SO ????

$1.15 in 1992
the first time i payed $1.35 i had a heart attack:mad:

HS class of '95..... cheapest I remember as a jr or sr was .95/gal $5.00 was plenty to cruise around all night trolling for pussy.:D

IIRC, $1.10-1.15 was the average though.

I remember Milk costing more. And a gallon of gas cost what a bottled gallon of water cost.

Don't know what "gast" is but every one else is talking about gasoline SO ????

$1.15 in 1992
the first time i payed $1.35 i had a heart attack:mad:
I knew the grammer police would chime in hence... see post #11... it was called being in a hurry and typing. Don't ever make a mistake David,:)

It was 1987 for me, and I had an 87 GT Rustang,

Until I got whipped by a black cutlass, but thats another story :eek:.

IIRC it was around .89-.99 for premium.
87 FOR ME TOO .. TURBO T FOR ME ... 88 CENTS A GALLON AT OUR FAMILY TRUCK STOP .. I PAID NOTHING ..

Around 55-60 cents per gallon in 1974, also had the "gas shortages" think around that time. Remember in CT you could only fill up cars on certain days where they went by the end number on your license plate. Before personalized plates! I used to just swap license plates on cars if I really needed gas in a certain car that didn't have the right number.

Remember that well! Was quite a shock for gas to double from 22¢ to 45¢ in a month, then odd-even plates and having to wait in line for several hours until you either got gas or they ran out.

Being part of the older crowd I distinctly remember what it sold for since I held several jobs pumping gas at 3 different gas stations while in high school. I was paid $1 per hour (some might say I was even over paid back then) gas was anywhere from 23-29 cents per gallon....perhaps even more important Sunoco as well as others had octane ratings a lot higher than the 92 you see today I think in California today the high is like 91. I can't member for sure but Sunoco was at least 100 proof this is back when words like premium and ultra carried some meaning!

We all know how well our cars would run today if 100 proof was available readily at the pump in the unleaded version of course. At the time I am sure most would agree....it was said they were the good times and most of us didn't believe it....besides the cheap gas and pay....I never got many bills in the mail while living at home..

New car at the high end of the performance chain was around $3500 to $4,000 which would get you a Corvette. We all know what 1963-65 Corvettes are worth today. The year was 1965........fm radios was just making its appearance in car radios.....8-tracks hit around 1967 at least in the GM line up...I was there....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On a side note related to gas prices my Dad during the 1970s and 1980s wrote over 50 books and in one of his books back then he predicted gas prices would surpass $1 per gallon....course I found that hard to believe.....remember back then gas prices did not escaluate much....look how much they have gone up in the last few years....

I apologized for straying from the actual topic.

Graduated.............?????????
liar.gif
We don't need no stinkin diploma....

I loved Fridays, I had a buddy who I let take my TA to lunch on Fridays. He was to much a wuss to hurt it, I scared him a few times and after that he just babied it. Just so happened his dad had a gas tank (LG) at home.
Full tank every weekend.....:D Good Times..

Graduated.............?????????
liar.gif
We don't need no stinkin diploma....

I loved Fridays, I had a buddy who I let take my TA to lunch on Fridays. He was to much a wuss to hurt it, I scared him a few times and after that he just babied it. Just so happened his dad had a gas tank (LG) at home.
Full tank every weekend.....:D Good Times...

I did the same thing for a "friend" back in high school.....

Turns out he was churning and burning my girlfriend on those lunch hours.

He ended up marrying her.

Today he spends all his time just trying to run away from the lawyers that are chasing him down to support the 6 kids he has by her, the first born in '79, and the 3 kids he has from messing with my one of my best friend's wife, 10 years later.

I tried to tell my buddy he was worthless.

Some of you know where that road goes.

Both women are now on assistance and my best friend's ex asks him for money about twice a month, he has one child with her and knows if he doesn't pony up, his kid suffers the most.

Meanwhile, Nutsack has 9 kids to support, never has supported either one of these stupid women, and can't rub two dimes of his own together. He has women chasing him all over the country trying to collect child support.

GOOD TIMES~!

I hope his constant running just wears him out. Wears him down so much he can't see a reason to live.

He sure as heck doesn't deserve any better....

RANT OVER