Idle speed?

Well since you may be going to college I think you need to wait until you graduate at least.:biggrin:

Well keep looking Jase. I'm sure you'll find them for the rest of us.:cool:

well ill have time between college and High school graduation. Im NOT taking the scholarship because I want to pick my own university... probably LBU. Still I wanna break from this state. :biggrin:

well ill have time between college and High school graduation. Im NOT taking the scholarship because I want to pick my own university... probably LBU. Still I wanna break from this state. :biggrin:

Lousianna Bastards University?:confused::eek::biggrin: LOL It was to easy kid.:smile: I wish you well but you may want to stay close to home so you can raise some money for school. Believe me, you're gonna need it.:)

Update pics

Got the Regal painted yesterday... looks good:biggrin: The $100 paint was well worth it... just hope it last.

1000758.jpg

1000757v.jpg

1000756.jpg

1000754n.jpg

1000759s.jpg

1000760h.jpg

1000761r.jpg

1000762tofguxf.jpg

1000763.jpg

YES! Glad you got it hosed.
I have those same wheels! no rings tho
Isn't it nice now not having the exterioir on your mind lol
Lookin great, Next time your out with the car and the camera get a pic of it in full sunlight.

YES! Glad you got it hosed.
I have those same wheels! no rings tho
Isn't it nice now not having the exterioir on your mind lol
Lookin great, Next time your out with the car and the camera get a pic of it in full sunlight.

Yeah... SO glade the exterior is done! Now for the interior... I might try Dupi-color interior paint and see how it looks. Ill take some more pics in the sun. I still need to color sand it in a few weeks.

Looks nice Jase. A little buffing and it will look really nice. Give it a couple of weeks to harden then do a color buff and it will really pop.

Looks nice Jase. A little buffing and it will look really nice. Give it a couple of weeks to harden then do a color buff and it will really pop.

Thanks:biggrin: I have to do a little touch-up around the mirrors... couldn't get around them with the big gun. I figure ill give it about a month or so and then color sand the dry spots and buff.

Wish you'd taken the mirrors off but I understand. It sould've made the paing job a little easier for you.

Wish you'd taken the mirrors off but I understand. It sould've made the paing job a little easier for you.

I was going to take them off, but it was the last day for painting at the collage and everyone wanted to get their cars done, so I was being rushed along... I didn't quite finish sanding some body filler in a few spots, you can see it if you look really close up at it.

what does blue printing do? i not trying to be rude but i really dont know. what happens it its not in specs? how do you fix it? :confused:

IMO....it does nothing, I've done this. My experiance has been that at 1000 rpms the pressure should be 10psi or above. Cold pressure will always be highest, so wait till the engine is at operating temp for an accurate reading. I do not recommend 20-50w oil. Max should be 10-40w.

New or modded timing covers do nothing also. It's all in the bottom end. New mains or rod bearings will solve it for sure, unless your crank is worn.
My idle is set at 1100-1200 in park. My oil pressure is 12-15psi hot @idle.

what does blue printing do? i not trying to be rude but i really dont know. what happens it its not in specs? how do you fix it? :confused:

The purpose of blueprinting anything is to keep the tolerances equal for overall performance and longevity. Imagine if you have 2 heads that have different combustion chambers. One side would have a higher compression. True blueprinting requires machine work on the block as well as the rotating assembly and heads.

The purpose of blueprinting anything is to keep the tolerances equal for overall performance and longevity. Imagine if you have 2 heads that have different combustion chambers. One side would have a higher compression. True blueprinting requires machine work on the block as well as the rotating assembly and heads.

Charlie,

I think the original question was to how would it apply to the oil pump.
Blue-printing heads, intakes manifolds and other engine componants is a standard industry practice. But in some areas, (like blue-printing the oil pump on the Buick V-6), there's not much it will do unless the OEM cast was of such poor quality and full of flash. I've yet to see a severly casted adapter with flash all over the place. But I suppose there may exist one or two.

Mat, the simplest way to explain blue-printing is that it's just the removal of casting flash, and port matching surfaces that are bolted together. The name comes from the usage of using a blue machinist dye to ID port surface flaws. :)

Mat, the simplest way to explain blue-printing is that it's just the removal of casting flash, and port matching surfaces that are bolted together. The name comes from the usage of using a blue machinist dye to ID port surface flaws. :)

Well I'm gonna argue with you Freddie. The idea of "blueprinting" is to use the original blueprints to make the part more like the original design. Manufacturing a part has tolerances and it removes the tolereances that are allowed for.

You're splitting hairs Charlie. You're right in the specific meaning. But in 'general' it means the removal of material to balance and bring to a specific specification an engine componant. As far as using the original blueprints I really did'nt know that. But let's be realistic. Who would order blueprints from Buick? Perhaps a race team that was being sponsored by them?

If one takes an OEM part and re-manufactors it, (by modifying), for better performance, this can also be considered 'blueprinting'. At least thats my understanding of it. Same thing machinist do with cylinder heads and the usage of 'Machinist Blue' dye. It also means port matching and an a host of other things too. So in response to you....we're both right.

IMO...You can't really do much, (blueprint), to the Buick oil pump though. :biggrin:

Id say, in a sense... your both right:biggrin: I think it just needs to be pulled and my other 3.8 dropped inn:biggrin: