Car won’t idle and runs extremely rough.

Luckydog32

86 GN with 105k miles. New cam(206/206) valve springs, new timing chain, new fuel pump, new adjustable fuel pressure regulator, new 60# fuel injectors with TT chip, new adjustable cam sensor cap, new plugs and wires. Car will start but won’t idle and if I give it a slight amount of throttle it’ll run but runs rough and rich. Where might I look next? Would a bad crank sensor cause this. I’ve checked all vacuum lines to make sure all are hooked up. All vac lines are new. I do have scan master. IAC is in range and TPS is set at 43. Would the egr valve have something to do with it as mine is still hooked up. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m trying to get my car back on the road from sitting the last 15 or so years.

Sounds like cam sensor cap not adjusted right(I'm guessing you have LED cap) try other known good one. Recheck plug wires, I put a new set on and one was bad, had same symptoms.

Sounds like cam sensor cap not adjusted right(I'm guessing you have LED cap) try other known good one. Recheck plug wires, I put a new set on and one was bad, had same symptoms.
Yes Led cap. It has an adjustment slot in the cap. Little or no improvement if I tweak it. Is it possible I didn’t reinstall it correctly. Or is it only that it’s install correctly or 180 off. Could be wires I got a cheap set from autozone just to see if it improved it any.

Go back and recheck yourself. It could be Maf. I had a similar problem with a led cap.

With the car idling, or as close to idle that you can get it, strike the MAF and see if it changes. That will usually reveal a bad MAF sensor.

Cam sensor in 180 off, bad MAF, MAF in backwards, coil pak/module issues, vac leaks, injs plugged in wrong, EGR issue/leak, grounds loose/bad, low batt volts, fuel pressure, yadda, yadda.
W/engine running, unhook the MAF. What happens?
Stock air box.. Still using the stock intake hose?
Spray some start fluid around those areas.
Post all the SM data.

when i installed new cam sensor cap the directions say to turn sensor until LED comes on. When i did this the LED was dimmly on but when i turned it it went brighter. so i locked it down at that point.should the LED been off? if so what would cause it. I reached out to Caspers on this aswell but i probably wont hear back until tomorrow.

86 GN with 105k miles. New cam(206/206) valve springs, new timing chain, new fuel pump, new adjustable fuel pressure regulator, new 60# fuel injectors with TT chip, new adjustable cam sensor cap, new plugs and wires. Car will start but won’t idle and if I give it a slight amount of throttle it’ll run but runs rough and rich. Where might I look next? Would a bad crank sensor cause this. I’ve checked all vacuum lines to make sure all are hooked up. All vac lines are new. I do have scan master. IAC is in range and TPS is set at 43. Would the egr valve have something to do with it as mine is still hooked up. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m trying to get my car back on the road from sitting the last 15 or so years.