IAC at 00 next step

feels nice when nail it..Your blm's are fine at 126 raise the translator lean at idle(problably 3 #'s up). If you u have denso O2 sensor shouldn't crap out.

No. I'd adjust the throttle blade to get the IAC counts where you need them then adjust the TPS. If you do it the other way around you'll have to adjust the TPS twice. Either way it's not a big deal.

Neal
So I had a chance to start playing with the car today. It took awhile to get the car to idle properly so I changed the IAC valve and that seemed to help. Once I got the car warmed up I was all over the place with the tps where I finally did get it at 44 but my iac is still 00. The only time I saw the iac move to 14 was when the tps was at 80. I tried moving the iac with increments of 1/8 turns both ways but still at zero. The car idles a little high right now but seems to run well with no stalling. It got late so I'll take it on the road tomorrow. It's hard by myself running back and forth to look at the scan master numbers.

Do I need to drive over 40 so the pintle in the iac valve sets? Also I don't want to sound ignorant, but when you say turn the throttle blade that's not the tps you're talking about, right? I'm not sure where and how to do that. I know someone mentioned the throttle seals, but my problem only started when I played with the screws, so maybe not. I'm posting a couple of pics of the iac, tps just to make sure. The last pic there is a plug loose and I'm not sure what it is and why it's not plugged in, it's near the brake system. It's been like that nothing else really wrong. Thanks

D89F3497-5E1B-4DE0-9466-9F7BA5F910FB.jpeg
D8FF7131-4AB0-49AD-AABD-C614049BFB65.jpeg
295D9FDE-5796-4AC0-9FE0-B63DE0C566E7.jpeg
8D39DBDC-FD2A-4E01-9B83-9A35E5FB77C4.jpeg

The throttle blade is the screw with the spring on it in your first pic.
You adjust that first then reset the TPS adjustment.
And you probably have a vacuum leak which causes 00 IACV counts and a higher idle speed due to an air leak.
Just my .02 from afar.

The throttle blade is the screw with the spring on it in your first pic.
You adjust that first then reset the TPS adjustment.
And you probably have a vacuum leak which causes 00 IACV counts and a higher idle speed due to an air leak.
Just my .02 from afar.
So the throttle blade is the same as the Idle Air Control Adjustment Screw? Ok, that's what I was trying to adjust with small turns. I'll have to try again tomorrow. I don't here any vacuum leaks but I'll look into it a little deeper. Thanks

So the throttle blade is the same as the Idle Air Control Adjustment Screw? Ok, that's what I was trying to adjust with small turns. I'll have to try again tomorrow. I don't here any vacuum leaks but I'll look into it a little deeper. Thanks
The throttle blade opening is adjusted with the screw you have pictured. Essentially the IAC is a calibrated leak from one side of the throttle blade to the other. The lions share of the air should be metered by the throttle blade and the IAC will fine tune the air flow based on engine load, temp etc. It appears you have an aftermarket throttle body which will meter more air at a smaller opening therefore the adjustment screw won't have to be too far in to get the air flow you need. Adjust the throttle blade closed until you start to see IAC counts then adjust the TPS.

Neal

vac leaks can be on the ft of the plenum behind the throttle body.
No bolts there.

The throttle blade opening is adjusted with the screw you have pictured. Essentially the IAC is a calibrated leak from one side of the throttle blade to the other. The lions share of the air should be metered by the throttle blade and the IAC will fine tune the air flow based on engine load, temp etc. It appears you have an aftermarket throttle body which will meter more air at a smaller opening therefore the adjustment screw won't have to be too far in to get the air flow you need. Adjust the throttle blade closed until you start to see IAC counts then adjust the TPS.

Neal
vac leaks can be on the ft of the plenum behind the throttle body.
No bolts there.
OK will give it another shot, thanks.

I'll give it a look, thanks.