I have true KR because I drove the $hit out of my car on C16, no KR..help needed

In your files I see A/F leaning out as RPM rises. I think you have a fuel delivery problem and my first suspect is the fuel filter.

ok, I need to bump this as Eric must be too busy to answer his emails and have given up after a couple sends/weeks, and no replies. I have taken the advance back to 99 (as he recommended) on the settings which only gives me about 13* advance and I have no KR with all race gas out of the tank. I have asked if I should go up in timing a few degrees??? or look elsewhere?

This was my correspondence with Eric before he fell off the face of Earth.

Eric, a few nice pulls. The last pull had some KR which was around shifting points. You will see the 6500 rpm when it kicked down. No KR before this past point.

My power logger file is attached with the runs with timing removed

Please help anyone that knows!!

Attachments

• 5415.dat
    482.1 KB · Views: 26
Sorry, I get lots of emails, and sometimes I have no choice but to let some fall through the cracks.

Yes, increase timing until it knocks again and lets see where you end up.

ok, I need to bump this as Eric must be too busy to answer his emails and have given up after a couple sends/weeks, and no replies. I have taken the advance back to 99 (as he recommended) on the settings which only gives me about 13* advance and I have no KR with all race gas out of the tank. I have asked if I should go up in timing a few degrees??? or look elsewhere?

This was my correspondence with Eric before he fell off the face of Earth.

Eric, a few nice pulls. The last pull had some KR which was around shifting points. You will see the 6500 rpm when it kicked down. No KR before this past point.

My power logger file is attached with the runs with timing removed

Please help anyone that knows!!
??? There isnt even close to enough fuel at the setting displayed in that log and there was KR on the 2-3 shift. First thing id do is verify the timing and then Id get the a/f in the low 10's before i did anything else after restoring the timing that was in the chip. Imo tihs engine shouldnt be over 5300rpm ever unless it can pull beyond it in 3rd and be 5-10% converter slip at the quarter mile mark.

Just checked the wide band selected and realized it was wrong. A/F looks a lot better with the correct one checked. Regardless the boost is creeping as load increases and the fueling doesn't reflect boost creep. At 159.025 sec looks like a 2-3 flare or a neutral shift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, it is the AEM inline which is the correct WB. The 3-2 down shift 6400 rpm was my fault around a bend stomping on it to get another read into the log and it got a little squirly.

Bison,

WIll you look at 155.7 at 0 psi boost. The FP is at 50.4 3550 rpm 1.77 tps. By 158.395 boost is at 23.6, FP at 65, rpm 4475, tps 3.4. If my static is 51psi...47 vacuum, boost pressure was 23.6 in this example.
So it appears I am missing about 5 psi of fuel pressure. This could be a bad pump, or increase static up to 56psi?

Last edited:
static should be 43 , unless injectors are maxxed youll get more fuel volume with less rail pressure...the higher the pressure the pump has to push against the less fuel it flows ..look at any fuel pump flow chart

base 50.4 (fp at 0psi) ...running 23.6 boost ... you need to see a 1:1 rise ... fuel pressure should have been at 74psi not 65psi!

Looks ok to me. You have some jumpy readings there, which is not uncommon. Fuel pressure is about right with a base of 50psi.

The knock is from the massive RPM spike to 6400 from tranny issues.

Capturegg.JPG

ok, ill take settings 5 and 6 to 108 which should be 16 advanced and see how it feels and reacts. The torque converter is being replaced as well, so I just wont keep my heel into the pedal.

Took the car on the way home and saved another log. At 58 sec I did a pull and had minimal KR. It appears as I get warmer engine temps I will get more KR, as you can see around the 120 mark I get up to 4*

Eric, thoughts?

I know, race gas and an intercooler.

Ported intake right? Who ported it? What alky setting and nozzle location? Who's turbo and what seals are in it? What plugs and what does they plugs say?

Champion ported intake | alky pac at 10:00 and 2:00 | Alky gain at 7 | Nozzle (1 only) is drilled into the back of the inlet bell | Reed's work turbo 6262, and not sure of the seals | NGK UR5 .024, condition not quite known as the engine is on cool down.

correction, I have UR4, and I removed the drivers 1, 3, 5. No detonation flakes, the 5 cylinder looks a little more rich than the others. I ran 5 gallons of race fuel these plugs 75 miles ago
20150519_200524_resized.jpg
20150519_201700_resized.jpg
20150519_201138_resized.jpg
20150519_201127_resized.jpg
20150519_201130_resized.jpg
20150519_200534_resized.jpg
20150519_201718_resized.jpg
20150519_200546_resized.jpg