Power Logger Review Help Needed - KR!

Pronto

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.
Thanks again Scooby Doo! Same turbo; it's a TE44. Alky pump is only a year old so I'm expecting it is OK. I ran 25 psi before and didn't seem to have a fuel issue. Now I'm thinking I should go ahead with the XFI install since that will inc a wideband and fuel pressure logging. I may try adding fuel with the chip first though.
Don't play games. Get the alky tester from Julio and be sure.

SCOOBY DOO

I'M NOT A MONSTER, I'M JUST AHEAD OF THE CURVE!!!
You said you don't know the history of the fuel pump...change it. Pronto makes a good point...or send the pump to Julio and have him rebuild it. My recommendation is to always change the fuel pump once a year, and to send the alky pump at the end of the season to Julio for a rebuild. You've got a fueling system issue. XFI ain't gonna magically fix it. I got smart and ditched alky early on. It's just one more thing to go wrong. I went to race gas and never looked back. You can run a ton of low gear timing with E85 or race gas. Either is pretty much detonation proof.

dynoman

Not sure how to log FP with powerlogger but do have an xfi system I was planning to install
The Powerlogger has aux inputs just for this , if you were to install a fuel pressure gauge ( which you should have ) , the sending unit for that gauge could also supply the signal for the Powerlogger for logging purposes . You would need to install a sender for the XFI for it to log fuel pressure , the same as the Powerlogger . Like Scooby said ,The knock is REAL , don't push it . The alky tester works , get one or borrow one . Good luck .

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Logging fuel pressure on PL.
Sensor output must obviously be connected to Analog 4 input.

Steps;
Locate the file PLC.INI (Typically in the PL folder)
Open the file in Notepad
(Go to the bottom of the file)
(Paste below the line "RPMWarningThreshold=5200". DO NOT delete any lines below this. Just insert/paste the bold text listed below.)

[CustomAnalog4]
CustomAnalog4Name=Fuel-psi
CustomAnalog4LongName=4-Fuel-psi
CustomAnalog4Tag=Fuel
CustomAnalog4GaugeMin=0
CustomAnalog4GaugeMax=100
CustomAnalog4GraphMin=0
CustomAnalog4GraphMax=80
CustomAnalog4MinValue=0
CustomAnalog4MaxValue=100
CustomAnalog4MinVolt=0.5

CustomAnalog4MaxVolt=4.5

(Update values for voltage. In the example; 0.5=0 psi, 4.5=100 psi)
Save file
Launch PL

jasjamz

THS Racer
What plugs are you using?
Single or dual nozzle? Where is the alky set?
Roller rockers? Any valvetrain noise?
Wideband? I cant view logs at this time since my " Buick Laptop" is in for repair.
Sent a photo of the plugs numbered 1-6

Ordered a fuel pump, will test alky pump. I know xfi isn't going to fix the problem but I already have it, just not installed, and it will include fp logging and a wideband that I don't have now.
Single nozzle alky, clickiyt clackity erson lifters, roller cam. No plug readings yet.

Thanks again for the thoughts guys!

SCOOBY DOO

Jerryl, on reply 27 showed you how to log fuel pressure with Powerlogger. You can also log wideband with Powerlogger.

SCOOBY DOO

If you wanna go faster...return the XFI...and buy a GOOD torque convertor.

Oh...and you won't go any faster with XFI.
No real expectation of going faster with XFI but I bet some, not me, would argue that you can.... :)
For me it is more of an upgrade to more modern electronics and get rid of a bunch of old stuff (MAF, translator, 30 year old ECM, etc.) The PL connection at the ECM has caused some trouble and seems kind of chincy at best too. Plus, I got a "used" system, NIB, never installed with the edash at a pretty fair deal.
I take it you don't think my Husek convertor qualifies as GOOD... Have you had bad experience with one? Mine is pretty new so I don't see replacing it real soon.

SCOOBY DOO

No real expectation of going faster with XFI but I bet some, not me, would argue that you can.... :)
For me it is more of an upgrade to more modern electronics and get rid of a bunch of old stuff (MAF, translator, 30 year old ECM, etc.) The PL connection at the ECM has caused some trouble and seems kind of chincy at best too. Plus, I got a "used" system, NIB, never installed with the edash at a pretty fair deal.
I take it you don't think my Husek convertor qualifies as GOOD... Have you had bad experience with one? Mine is pretty new so I don't see replacing it real soon.

Didn't see you had a Huseck convertor...it'll be fine. If you don't know XFI inside and out, then all you're doing is adding more complication. Vendors were pushing XFI to make money...plain and simple. 99% of people don't need it. It's your money. :)

Didn't see you had a Huseck convertor...it'll be fine. If you don't know XFI inside and out, then all you're doing is adding more complication. Vendors were pushing XFI to make money...plain and simple. 99% of people don't need it. It's your money. :)
OK, thanks again for your input :)