I have true KR because I drove the $hit out of my car on C16, no KR..help needed

Pull the turbo and see if there is any oil residue in the intake. I know it sucks but I would take a look.

oh well....dont have to do that. Took the elbow off the cai, turn the throttle and peak inside......oil present. Last time I had this issue it was the carbon seal was cracked in three spots. I have no axial or radial play ( a good thing, tells me I am not wearing bearings out) Will have to get with Reed, again.

Last edited:
Figured that was the cause. Been there done that and hurt 2 motors in the process trying to figure it out. Fuel distribution will always be a issue on the hotair.

I have a turbo I need to send to reed as well. Damn turbos are expensive.

you know this is a new turbo though. I had someone say that the compressor side seal will always have this issue, especially with that much air coming in. IDK, the hot air thing is starting to wear on my nerves a bit. The car is quick and fun, but damn....how much is enough issues? Convert and be done???

Figured that was the cause. Been there done that and hurt 2 motors in the process trying to figure it out. Fuel distribution will always be a issue on the hotair.

I have a turbo I need to send to reed as well. Damn turbos are expensive.
Let me ask a ques Brent....You hurt two motors because of the carbon seal going out leaking oil into the intake? How did it harm?

First motor i hurt it bad from other issues but the valves took a beating as well. I didn't have egts in each cylinder then. 2nd motor Burnt a few valves. Started seeing egts rise in a cylinder and noticed it was hurt. Took some time to figure it out but the only logical thing is the oil it eats on deceleration. Noticed it real bad on the dyno.

Last edited: