Have the Billet turbos lived up to the hype yet?

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
Maybe I am missing it, but i have seen very little info about the new billett wheel turbos. They have been much anticipated and are now available.

Looking for info on the 6265, 6765 and 6768 specifically. How big of an improvement was the upgrade? Dyno number? 1/4mph improvement?

Thanks for any and all info you can share,

Take care,
John

We have a totally stock motor car(just new valve springs) with a V4 intercooler and 3" downpipe on alky running 11.20 at 120 on drag radials
with a billet 6262

We have a totally stock motor car(just new valve springs) with a V4 intercooler and 3" downpipe on alky running 11.20 at 120 on drag radials
with a billet 6262

Otto,

Do you have anything to compare that to? Like it had ___ turbo on it and it only ran 13.20??

I've ran 11.09@123 with a PT51 turbo at 28psi with a lousy 1.66 60' and it was on 26" tire. I think i will get a ten second slip whenever I get back with just a taller tire. I think I could get 10.50s with a 6265, but really want more results from the 6765 or 6768 before I decide which one.

Shane's TFS car made 530 on our cruel dyno with a billet 67. Thats the most horsepower we've had a stock block car make.

I just put on a billet 6262. I upgraded from a GT3255. The GT3255 went 11.53@121 for a best time. It ran a bunch of 11.5Xs and 11.6Xs. I am hoping to see 11.20s out of the 6262. But I will not have any track times for a few weeks. I will post up once I get it running.

John, I looked around for the info you are asking about and could not find any times or numers that I did not feel could have been reeached with the "old" school turbos. Maybe this info will change soon, after Columbus.
Stay safe, Kip

I just put on a billet 6262. I upgraded from a GT3255. The GT3255 went 11.53@121 for a best time. It ran a bunch of 11.5Xs and 11.6Xs. I am hoping to see 11.20s out of the 6262. But I will not have any track times for a few weeks. I will post up once I get it running.

What boost you going to run to get that number?

John, I looked around for the info you are asking about and could not find any times or numers that I did not feel could have been reeached with the "old" school turbos. Maybe this info will change soon, after Columbus.
Stay safe, Kip

Thanks for jumping in this thread Kip. You know I value your opinion, and thats what I am seeing as well. I'm looking to see if anyone has went from a 6776 to a 6765 and improved by a certain amount, or something along those lines. I dont want to bag on any new product, I just want to see results that speak for theirselves. I haven't yet. I can read about all the reasons the billet turbos are better and it briefs well, but it is just talk unless it can make a difference that can be measured.

Take care,
John

p.s. I really wanted to come drop my car off, but my wife had other plans. We ended up buying a house:eek: , will be coming back to Knox for at least 3 years if not longer.

I'm curious about this one also... It seems like nobody gives a real comparison and I'm not even talking about all the technical stuff all I want to know is what boost level your running. Set the boost to the same level lets say 25 on both turbos and post the results.:cool:

I think someone should compare the exact same size turbo to tell the truth lets say a normal 67 to a billet 67 same exact boost level. Thats what I call a real comparison.

I'm curious about this one also... It seems like nobody gives a real comparison and I'm not even talking about all the technical stuff all I want to know is what boost level your running. Set the boost to the same level lets say 25 on both turbos and post the results.:cool:
Dig that!

Thanks for jumping in this thread Kip. You know I value your opinion, and thats what I am seeing as well. I'm looking to see if anyone has went from a 6776 to a 6765 and improved by a certain amount, or something along those lines. I dont want to bag on any new product, I just want to see results that speak for theirselves. I haven't yet. I can read about all the reasons the billet turbos are better and it briefs well, but it is just talk unless it can make a difference that can be measured.

Take care,
John

p.s. I really wanted to come drop my car off, but my wife had other plans. We ended up buying a house:eek: , will be coming back to Knox for at least 3 years if not longer.

Id expect the 6765 to perform much better than the 6776 not because of the compressor wheel but because the exhaust wheel is a much better design. The power to be gained is on the hot side.

I think someone should compare the exact same size turbo to tell the truth lets say a normal 67 to a billet 67 same exact boost level. Thats what I call a real comparison.

They would have to have the same exhaust wheel and a/r or the comparison would be no good. You could test inlet air temps at various boost levels/rpm between compressor wheels without alky but i woudnt trust the numbers unless they were data logged.

Another thing to be noted is that the billet compressors are supposedly potentially able to move a lot more air. If a billet vs non billet test happened and the cast wheel wasnt being worked too hard then unless rpm was increased the 2 should be equal. Likewise you would be short changing the billet compressors potential if you revved to the same rpm. If the wheel is capable of moving a higher mass flow of air efficiently the engine has to be able to use the air or there will be no gain. To get more mass flow you are increasing boost and or revving higher.

If you already went 121 then you should have an 11.0-10.95 car. Id look into the suspension or plan on being disappointed.

The hype died in May of this year via AMS, the info you want is only going to be answered by maybe 30 GN members and no vendors. You'll probably want to look on Supra forums and Evo forums for billet turbo info with comparisons.
New GT35 Killer Turbo - GT850R - evolutionm.net

You don't compare a 67/76 to a billet 67/65, it's an absolute slaughter.