GSCA's thought on the TA block

Turbo Indian

worlds quickest 6cyl bird
I assume Tony or Dave did not get the memo that there are issues with the TA aluminium block. :rolleyes: if you don't have the best machine shop "RPE" doing the work on it, then yea there are issues. ;) yes there is maintenance with these blocks, but I don't find it to be anything out of the ordinary for a race motor.

I just drove mine a little over 400 miles last weekend.:eek: No problems yet!! Not sure what problems they say they have with them. Mine was built by Mike Zimmerman and Nick Micale. You can't go wrong with these guys either!!;)

i'm not following... i didn't get the memo either.... what are the issues? what type of maint.? are you saying this block couldn't be used for a street motor?

No, we are thinking that they might be more advertising than first hand knowledge... Just talk to TA, or others that have one, about it and they will answer your questions... I am no expert by any stretch but there is more than 1 machine shop in the world...

For what its worth, Mike at Wildcat hasnt said anything negative about the TA V6 block that I am aware of. Dont let "someone" else put words in his mouth, if you know what I mean. :smile: Mike's a good guy.

BTW, he builds some pretty wild big Chevy's easily making 2000 hp plus.

I don't want to be the one to explain this...

Lets just say sarcasm...

article in the gsxtra writen by richard lasseter claims there are issues.

Without getting TOO ugly, but from my personal dealing with Richard, first he is a lying POS.:mad:

For years he has held a grudge against TA Performance, and he has published many untrue and false claims about TA products in his GSCA rag newsletter.

There are many other sources to validate his selfish motives in promoting his "club" and himself. Of all the self-centered, greedy people I know, only 2, but he tops the list.

His motto of "Fast With Class" as it applies to Buicks is still true, but his actions in recent years has made a mockery of it.

As far as credibility, not one ounce of it in his being! :)

Nick !!!

Without getting TOO ugly, but from my personal dealing with Richard, first he is a lying POS.:mad:

For years he has held a grudge against TA Performance, and he has published many untrue and false claims about TA products in his GSCA rag newsletter.

There are many other sources to validate his selfish motives in promoting his "club" and himself. Of all the self-centered, greedy people I know, only 2, but he tops the list.

His motto of "Fast With Class" as it applies to Buicks is still true, but his actions in recent years has made a mockery of it.

I thought he could walk on water. Does anyone (racers) still pay dues to get his sale catalog. I gave up years ago. I met him on my second year to BG. Had him pegged right off. He does have the best event going as of now with the time of year and location.

damn Nick why don't you tell us how you reallly feel about the man. LOL

Just some additional info about the TA aluminum engine.

There have been many high HP versions build for sand rails here and abroad. The most notable ones are in Austrulia and the mid-East desert - not sure the specific oil-rich country?

There is one in Australia that hold the record for a hill climb.

In a recent very recent competition, like last week, in the mid-East desert at a championship hill climb event, the top 3 vehicles were TA V-6 alum engines. :)

All these engines were built, tuned and prepared by Ken Duttweiler, one of which hit 1756 HP on his dyno, and was not topped out! :biggrin:

So in far off countries with no Buick "support", competiting against mountain motor big blocks, the TA V-6 kicked all their butts. :eek:

All this was done without any help from the self-proclaimed, Buick know-it-all, Richard Lassiter.

So, please someone, tell us what the GSCA "rag" published about the issues with the TA block?

Oh, don't rush out to buy a TA block soon, you will have to wait for the next batch. The rest of the current inventory was just purchased to go East! ;)

Just some additional info about the TA aluminum engine.

There have been many high HP versions build for sand rails here and abroad. The most notable ones are in Austrulia and the mid-East desert - not sure the specific oil-rich country?

There is one in Australia that hold the record for a hill climb.

In a recent very recent competition, like last week, in the mid-East desert at a championship hill climb event, the top 3 vehicles were TA V-6 alum engines. :)

All these engines were built, tuned and prepared by Ken Duttweiler, one of which hit 1756 HP on his dyno, and was not topped out! :biggrin:

So in far off countries with no Buick "support", competiting against mountain motor big blocks, the TA V-6 kicked all their butts. :eek:

All this was done without any help from the self-proclaimed, Buick know-it-all, Richard Lassiter.

So, please someone, tell us what the GSCA "rag" published about the issues with the TA block?

Oh, don't rush out to buy a TA block soon, you will have to wait for the next batch. The rest of the current inventory was just purchased to go East! ;)

Nick,

Can you get more details on these 1700plus hp motors?
If so could you create a specific thread about them?

Thanks in advance,

Thought you guys might want to read the whole thing, if you did not get the issue yet. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• tn_img005.jpg
    tn_img005.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 433
Not to hijack.. I talked to Tom last week and he told me they were pouring some blocks that day so that part is true.

As for the rest of it....

peeing-calvin.jpg