GSCA's thought on the TA block

I think Lasseter left out how many years the community has been waiting for these theoretical blocks to hit the market as well as how many put deposits on the V8 block and still have nothing....

TA produced a successful aluminum V6 block for the community... Kudos to him. I hope he sells the crap out of them....

Hurry tell the alum block LS guys you know the LSX warhawk alum block must be crap ...you should chunk that and gor for a 6.0 out of a van...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I mean guys run 150 plus through the 1/4 with any aluminum block is just stupid right......GTHOH

I remember ten years ago reading the above mention "papers" and had that same feeling with the "tenths gained" from the parts in the Kenne Bell catalogs...LOL

Bobby must have missed that article when he built the fastest TSO motor :eek:

That would be MOTORS!!! I believe that the 2 fastest TSO motors are RPE built TA blocks. A third is gaining momentum and moving toward the top as we speak!!! Mike:cool:

That would be MOTORS!!! I believe that the 2 fastest TSO motors are RPE built TA blocks. A third is gaining momentum and moving toward the top as we speak!!! Mike:cool:

R.P.E = Race Proven Engines

Now just imagine what they would run if they were iron :D. Bobby's motor's are proven at the track time and time again not on some dyno.

DAMN Kenny should build one of those 1700+HP motors and drop it in Gallinas car!!

I think Lasseter left out how many years the community has been waiting for these theoretical blocks to hit the market as well as how many put deposits on the V8 block and still have nothing....

TA produced a successful aluminum V6 block for the community... Kudos to him. I hope he sells the crap out of them....

A little known piece of info not generally known, TA has also produced a few alum V-8 blocks that are capable of VERY high HP! :eek:

Like the V-6 blocks, these are NOT factory re-runs, but dedicated race pieces.

The designer TA uses also does many other after market blocks for pro stock, top fuel and other race and exotic applications.

Guess all these pro racers need to talk with Richard to find out how to get HP out of an iron block. :biggrin:

Many stage iron blocks have been seriously damaged and scrapped because of it.

A local TA block that had nos. 5 &6 rods exit the block, broke the crank, cracked 2 cylinder liners, trashed the converter and trans, camshaft and other parts, has been repaired and is now going back together. :)

The tuner responsible for that carnage will never touch any of my customer's GN's again.:mad:

Try that with your iron block. ;)

A local TA block that had nos. 5 &6 rods exit the block, broke the crank, cracked 2 cylinder liners, trashed the converter and trans, camshaft and other parts, has been repaired and is now going back together. :)

The tuner responsible for that carnage will never touch any of my customer's GN's again.:mad:
Who was the tuner? might be good to let other know so it doesnt lead to more carnage

Nick called me today to inform me that Lasseter was at it again. When asked what did he write this time, Nick did not know. My comments were it would have something to do with Toms iron block and pushing the sales. Tonight I find his writing on line. I sense he's trying to convince others that TA Performance's aluminum block should be avoided. Well I have stayed away from any acknowledgment of richard lasseter at all. But I have to say this man must be smoking rope. Who ever said that Tony & Dave must have missed that memo was great after 4 years running there TA blocks. Also on the same day that Kenny D. calls about a on center block, billet 6.25" crank, billet rods, cnc ported SE heads, roller cam ect., at end he tells me of the past weekend. Not sure what Arab country, but I know they race up hill for ET. Kenny has built large cubic inch engines for this competition in the past but talked one of his customers into running a V6 Buick. First time out the engine won the event. He ended up building two more for people who were there and like what they had seen. Well, the calls came to him once again after the last weekend race. All three Kenny D. built TA Performance Aluminum block engines were there. Never guess what spots they finished in against all the mountain motors. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. and tells me it looks like he may be building another to go over seas. Listening to Ken it doesn't sound like these folks are real big on maintenance either. So after Kenny and Nick calling today really makes me think that richard knows something that all of us do not. And this horse power loss thing from iron to aluminum. If running a carb maybe, turbo, change the tune up. Build an aluminum engine for a carb you need to take in consideration in the deck height growth, could be up .014" you will loose compression, turbo add boost. Ring seal. The sleeves we install in our block are the same material that the top fuel folks use, very strong and stable. Thinking of top fuel reminds me of an article I read in National Dragster a few years back. Back in the early 70's Donavon came out with the first aluminum top fuel block. Most sounded like richard lasseter reading the article, power loss, cylinder trouble, never hold up. Well they said the car that was running Donavon's block won that event. Back then they were making around 3000hp/500ci. Today V6 Buick's 250+ci making 1500+hp, same hp to ci. Well one year later if you were running top fuel competitively with an iron block you were lucky to get a second pass out of it. They never looked back, today it is not even legal to run an iron block in top fuel. I ask, should we not learn from the success others or should we just listen to richard. What is he trying to do here?

This does not need to turn into another war... RPE is obviously a great engine builder, I don't think no one is arguing that... Its the inherit manipulation...

Why does the remind me of the Wizard of Oz:biggrin:

Hurry tell the alum block LS guys you know the LSX warhawk alum block must be crap ...you should chunk that and gor for a 6.0 out of a van...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I mean guys run 150 plus through the 1/4 with any aluminum block is just stupid right.
no you need to reread Richards article. correct me if I am wrong, but the way I read the article is when engine developers build an engine out of aluminium they take all the info into consideration. but you can not take a iron block base & recreate it into an aluminium configuration.

All you need to do is look at the "sources" they all have some interest in an Iron block program. This has been going on from the beginning with that "club". When I started this site they HATED me for it since there was another open source of info that anyone could acess for free and without their agenda. Mike T., we all know the block is good don't sweat it. In fact give me a call, I had a customer call yesterday that wants block and heads.
Mike Licht

One would think that anyone who would "take stock" in that article is probably not a person who would be spending $3500+ on a block anyways? I would imagine that someone intersted in that kind of an upgrade would listen to a builder with proven V6 success like DLS, RPE, Zimmerman, etc.

Tonight I find his writing on line. I sense he's trying to convince others that TA Performance's aluminum block should be avoided.

For some reason, Richard cant see the forest for the trees. He is his own worst enemy. :rolleyes:

Personally, I cant wait to get my TA aluminum V8 Buick block. :cool:

Jim Rodgers