GN Vs. Lamborghini Diablo?

Now that I didn't know...Guess I know who to watch out for now.

Originally posted by Slow91z
ok my bad...what I meant was no low end torque...all of the lambos torque is up high like 7000 RPM...And it's not all-wheel-drive unless they changed it recently...the damn thing doesn't even have the same tire height front to back, bet that really burns up those AWD trans-axles.

Those damn $175k cars are always eating up their transmissions!! They thought of everything but that... One the most high tech, precision vehicles EVER developed and they don't even bother to solve the front tire/rear tire height problems!! Bastards.

You can't be serious? If there's no low end torque why in the hell would they make it AWD?

Guess you don't know much about those cars...they are NA, with a short stroke, and a big bore=no low end torque...all high RPM horsepower...Do you guys have a clue??? It's hard to launch a Lambo unless you rev it to the moon and dump it, then you blow the tires off (the rear wheel drive ones that is)...You launch it easy and it bogs.

Slow no offense but ...have you ever driven one?

It makes peak torque of 457 ft lbs at only 5500 rpm, it is a V12 engine...I doubt it has much trouble with bottom end, mid range or the top end. It runs 0-60 in 3.4 seconds!!!! They have a bore of 3.43 inches with a stroke of 3.31 inches. This isn't a big bore or a short stroke....this is a world class automobile that as much as someone might like to pick at....likely doesn't have many weaknesses. JMO...

A guy I know had a 2003 mercialago (sp?) a couple months ago....bought it for 295k and sold it for 235k about 6 weeks later. It did go to the track a couple times....he is a decent to good driver. It ran 12.87 @113 or so....my wifes tta runs a little faster then that off the foot brake at 0 boost on the line.....and keeps driving away till 140 or so....

BTW the clutch is about 12 k to r&r.......

Try turning a corner at the end of the 1320 going 140 and see how that TTA does for ya... ;) We are all arguing over a car that none of us can afford. Yes our cars are faster straight line but would anyone turn one down if it were offered to you? Nope me neither. :D

there are ways you can run different size tires in front and back with awd. porsche actually used this to their advantage in one of their cars... the 959.
http://autozine.kyul.net/technical_school/traction/tech_traction_4wd_21.htm
another option would be to run different ratios in front and back along with the different sized tires... this would allow for a pretty big disparity in tire sizes but if you did something like break traction you could break lots of things.

to shut your friends up about the six just ask them what the quickest exotic was in a straight line vs the quickenst GN. or mention a skyline (another respectable 6)... and that (as far as I know) the quickest GN in the 1/4 is still quicker than the quickest skyline.

Having two different sized tires on an awd or 4wd is done all the time with tractors. They use gears to match the speeds. Cracks me up when I hear guys get all fired up about these exotics. The average Joe like me will never own one or drive one for that matter so why get into a pissing match over it? They are specially built cars that are ridiculously expensive. How could you ever compare it to a mass produced car? You can't, plain and simple. GET OVER IT! I really enjoy my T. I can drive anywhere in comfort and have gobs of power but it doesn't compare to a Lamborghini.

all i know is that out here in vegas a TR would get a lot more cheers from the crowd while coming back in the return lane than a lambo would, all because of the cool a$$ launches a TR can do. as a matter of fact a bright orange lambo was booed out of the track after losing to some local honda crx that ran a 12.9. man was that embaressing. I honestly felt sorry for the guy, but then i remembered he's this rich guy who ownes a chain of gas stations so i figured he'll live. he he he he heh

Originally posted by BlownZ
Try turning a corner at the end of the 1320 going 140 and see how that TTA does for ya... ;) We are all arguing over a car that none of us can afford. Yes our cars are faster straight line but would anyone turn one down if it were offered to you? Nope me neither. :D

Actually as far as I know tta's handle fairly well........and the lambo is a bit heavy.....I would gladly take on a stock lambo on any course , except a 1 mile drag race......

The general point I think some people feel is that the car is not that special.....I feel the same way.....at least half the cost is based entirely on fantasy....sorta like a harley. Not that a harley is bad but a 60000$ harley ?

I ve had the oppurtunity to play with vipers, a couple lambos, a f50, and a 996.....none of which I owned. would I ? sure...a diablo roadster would be fun with a buick in it. A viper with a twin turbo hemi would be cool......All the owners of those cars are astounded by the performance of the buick, and some find it hard to grasp. The 996 was the best handling of the bunch, I don t even like porches but it was the best handling hands down, it was a race prepped car for scca though too.

If a lambo or ferrari was 100000 that would be a lot more reasonable for what you get. Nothing really special other then the idea that they are special in some way.....a 10000$ tta runs with them, a 55k $ zo6 runs with them, a mk4 supra runs with them, a 9900$ hyabusa or slew of other sport bikes destroys them, and they look pretty cool too.

People don t read about gn's or tta's or mk4 supras in motor trend so most people don t think such things even exist. I like it that way.

I had the honor of playing with a Diablo once in the Trans Am. I was full bolt-on + 125 shot at the time. We ran from 30-110. I managed to put a car and a half on him before shutting down. Those cars are insanely beautiful, and very quick, but not unbeatable :)