Another GN Converted.

I haven't made a ton of progress. I spent a lot of time trying to get the whole motor and trans situated perfectly with the Trans Crossmember and mount situation. One thing that need to be noted when doing this is that these cars should have a new body bushing kit installed first. Mine are all beat and there's very little clearance because of it.

Anyway. I bought a new Metco Driveshaft loop and 3.5 inch PST Sportsman Aluminum Drive shaft to finish up the drive line. That stuff should be in tonight. I also decided on an aftermarket shifter after realizing it would be quite a task to make the factory one work and I just don't have the time to invest in that right now.

I got all the accessories in yesterday. This is a full 100% bolt on deal from a C6 Corvette Ls3 motor. Everything comes new with new GM part #'s. The install was as easy as a 4 legged table from ikea.

I started trying to figure out how to mount this shifter into the car. These pictures are just mock up. Unfortunately it will not be able to stay this way.

Got my Turbo kit in the mail today. I have been messing with the Interior and some little things lately but finally back to the motor.

It was built buy a guy named KB Racing. He usually does Truck kits but will make a special regal kit from time to time. Unfortunately, There are going to be a few changes that need to be made. The Turbo flange is a little too high and also tilted to the inner fender about 3 inches to far. Also, the cross over could stand to come up about 2-3 inches closer to the Torque converter. Other than that it's a nice kit. Those changes will be elementary for my chassis shop who I was going to have make the down pipe and intercooler piping anyway.

You can see how there's plenty of room to move the flange into the correct position.

I haven't updated in a bit.

***I was able to cut the flange off of the header and also the 45* bend and with that you can position the turbo in any direction you want.

*** I also ran the entire fuel system from the pre existing Aeromotive pump up. I added a Post filter, Y'd the fuel into the front of the rail and returned from the rear. I was able to run -8 return line and tie it into the original 5/16 feed line back where the original fuel filter will go. They make a 16x1.5 adaptor to -6 and than 6an to 8an coupler. Eventually I will make it a full -8 return when I do the tank.

****You'll also see in the pictures that I was able to get a 3.375 90* coupler on the factory throttle body. With that I can cut down the original GN front mount intercooler pipe and use it.

*** Lastly, You'll see I mounted the Lokar 4L80E Dipstic at the firewall and ran a new Lokar LS Throttle cable. I wish I left the T-cable a little longer because after putting the fuel rails on it could have tucked neater than it is now

It's actually no tighter than it was with the buick stuff in. If anything, It's a straight shot and I only plan to run 3.5 inch which we know works in these cars. When i'm done buttoning up all the little stuff I am taking it to my chassis shop. They are going to do a roll bar with swingouts and build me the down pipe. The down pipe will connect right to the new GN1 3.5 inch cutout and to the original 2.5 inch exhaust that was previously on the car. At some point I will upgrade that to a 3 inch or RJC or something but it should be very quiet.

The real challenge is going to be finding a good location for the Wastegate. It's real tight under the turbo so he is going to have to make a pipe to remote locate the waste gate.

Looks good man! Im glade you were able to clock the flange to get the turbo in the right place! How did the cross over pipe turn out? Your not running AC are you?

Austin

No AC. Even if it was on there and fully functional, I couldn't imagine using it in this car. I barely use it in my brand new Coyote Mustang.

The crossover pipe needs some changes but fortunately they are pretty amateur. I basically have to create a V-band set up and tie it to the crossover on the drivers side.