Another GN Converted.

I thought this would be a useful piece of information to all the people converting Turbo Regals over. Since the factory harness is valuable to Buick swapers I didn't want to cut it up. I sold it off and called over to Caspers for a replacement. He sent me a factory G-body Fuse Block Bulk head with just the necessary wires. All of the wires are 20 feet and unterminated. Cost was $70 shipped.

Now I just have to figure out where all these wires go.

Here is the pinout if that helps.

Attachments

• c100 pinout.png
    c100 pinout.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 225
Good to see things coming along! Im gonna call and see if i can get one of those headers logs ordered next week! You don't happen to have the part number for that shifter would ya? Ive looked all over and for the life of me i can't find it! Ordered a bunch of other parts today and dropped the tranny off at Jakes performance for a stage 4 build! Should see it in a couple weeks!

Question on your fuel system routing though? It looks like your regulator is plumbed into the cross over for the fuel rails? Isn't that going to cause one rail to have more pressure than the other?

The Fuel is being equally distributed into the front rails and that was my goal. The only way to return the fuel is to come out of the rear crossover. There's other ways to skin the cat I suppose but I felt like that will keep the most volume at the injectors. I get kind of crazy and obsessive searching these things out sometimes and eventually say screw it and just make it happen. I stared at the fuel system for days and plotted many different ways. This seemed the best. The shifter is kind of a funny thing. It looks good and for the most part it works great. However, the way the 80E pan is the lever won't allow the shifter to pull into 1st gear. I'm sure it's something I can modify down the road but I wanted to move on. I don't plan on manually shifting this trans ever anyway so I didn't care. I got the shifter from Summit and it says 700R4 and 4L60E. However, you still have to buy the secondary plate for it that makes it a 4 speed shifter.

The Fuel is being equally distributed into the front rails and that was my goal. The only way to return the fuel is to come out of the rear crossover. There's other ways to skin the cat I suppose but I felt like that will keep the most volume at the injectors. I get kind of crazy and obsessive searching these things out sometimes and eventually say screw it and just make it happen. I stared at the fuel system for days and plotted many different ways. This seemed the best. The shifter is kind of a funny thing. It looks good and for the most part it works great. However, the way the 80E pan is the lever won't allow the shifter to pull into 1st gear. I'm sure it's something I can modify down the road but I wanted to move on. I don't plan on manually shifting this trans ever anyway so I didn't care. I got the shifter from Summit and it says 700R4 and 4L60E. However, you still have to buy the secondary plate for it that makes it a 4 speed shifter.

Thanks for explaining i was just curious was all. My 80 is up at jakes getting rebuilt now and is set up to normally so im not worried about manually shifting it but like you said im sure you can modify the bracket.