GN Stolen in North Mississippi/Memphis Area

nailheadpowered said:
when you get another one here you go.
WITH EVERYONE SCARED TO DEATH OF THERE PRIZED GN'S/T-TYPES BEING LIFTED, YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT LO-JACK AS THEY HAVE A SETUP FOR 995.00 THAT NOT ONLY TRACKS YOUR CARS IF STOLEN BUT ALSO HAS A SENSE FEATURE THAT IF YOUR CAR IS MOVED WITHOUT YOU IN IT, IT AUTOMATICALLY ALERTS 5 DIFFERENT CONTACTS I.E. PHONE,CELL, PAGER,EMAIL,OR FRIEND ETC. IT WORKS OFF THE REMOTE ON YOUR KEYCHAIN SO IF SOMEONE EVEN TRIES TO TOW IT, IT WILL ALERT YOU AND ANY OTHER CONTACTS YOU LIST IMMEDIATELY. IF INTERESTED IN KEEPING YOUR CAR FROM THE SWAP MEET PARTS SECTION CALL LARRY AT 1-781-471-2506 EXT 2506 TELL HIM MIKE FROM LOS ANGELES SENT YOU. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP THOSE TURBO CARS IN YOUR DRIVEWAY WHERE THEY BELONG!
I agree with that & also a well hidden kill switch, I'm paranoid as hell parking my car anywhere without being under watchful eye's

I hate reading these threads they make me so damn mad!!! For your next GN think about installing lojack, a trainhorn alarm, killswitch, column lock, and anything else you can think of!

I doubt this has anything to do with yours, but there is a GNX clone listed on ebay in Eastern Tennesee.

GNX Clone

David
87GN

those impound yard pictures actually gave me a sick feeling in my stomach. (where's the "barf" smilie?)

very sorry for your loss Greg.

I've got my GN for sale right now, but I've been considering keeping it and making a daily driver out of it - but when I read a thread like this it reminds me why that's a bad idea. :eek:

Greg

The impound pictures are hard to look at. I dont know what Id do if it was my car. Reminds me of the time I visited my car at the bodyshop after getting nailed in the rear quarter..they almost totalled the car with all that happened to it. I pretty much broke down the first time I saw it in daylight.
I really hope you get another one, and the insurance co treats you well.

:mad: Holy ****....THOSE MOTHER ......S...... I had tears in my eyes looking at your beautiful car. I even saw your restoration pictures and the car looked beautiful. Those bastards should rott in hell and burn. I am really sorry pal for what they have done. I would cry my head off if it was mine. I still feel for you.

Michael :(

DavzGN said:
I doubt this has anything to do with yours, but there is a GNX clone listed on ebay in Eastern Tennesee.

GNX Clone

David
87GN

I was thinking the same thing....especially with the wheels that ended up on the stolen car...and the interior of the clone seem to be from the same year car :confused:

I would make it my life's work to find out whoever was responsible for that mess. It's hard to believe that someone who owns a Turbo Regal would have such disrespect for a fellow owner, but it does appear as if that car was stripped to either restore or create another TR.

Jim

This city is full of animals with absolutley no morals. Property crimes and violent crimes are spinning out of control. The ignorant 'boyz in da hood' don't know an f*ing thing about turbo Regals other than they look good. One of these dirtbags may have one but he's no 'fellow owner'. Just a thug with a ride that needs 'free upgrades' at other peoples' expense.

They steadily steal and strip Montes, Cutlasses, Regals, Caprices, etc & since they can get away with it so easily, they just keep on doing it. I'm actually surprised they took the wheels as they are only 16s. Seems like anything smaller than 20's is too small for them these days; f*ing morons. :mad:

Just curious - how come the rear is sitting on top of the tires? Did they take the springs or something? Did they take the rear and put another one back in it sans springs?

Jim

Thieves!

I lost my 87 WE-4 back in 1987.....only days after I got it.......I TOTALLY feel for you my freind.......those pics give me chills.....it's something you will NEVER forget. Time to LOCK-AND-LOAD and find the car with your parts on it!

Do whatever you can to protect your cars from the M*F*ing vultures out there![/QUOTE]

i am against capital punishment....but after looking at those pictures...i think i've changed my mind
:mad:

Do you think they drove this car away or towed it? I saw something about well equipped against hot wire. What kind of deturant and how do you think they got around it?

Very sorry for your misfortune.
Rick

turbojimmy said:
Just curious - how come the rear is sitting on top of the tires? Did they take the springs or something? Did they take the rear and put another one back in it sans springs?

Jim
Yeah, I'm fairly certain they took my G80 and shoved another rear up in there without springs. The rear on there now doesn't even have brake drums on it.

Rick87GN said:
Do you think they drove this car away or towed it? I saw something about well equipped against hot wire. What kind of deturant and how do you think they got around it?

Very sorry for your misfortune.
Rick
There's a stainless steel collar on the column which is still there and there was a fairly invloved electrical system disabler I built into the car which saved it back in 1996. There's no way they sat out in our parking lot in broad daylight reverse engineering that whole deal undetected. It was a hook and run deal repo style.

Just wanted to let you know there is alot of GN parts on Ebay. Looks like someone is parting a GN out or something. They are locted in Boston. I know thats alittle far from you but if they were smart they took everything to a different state to sell. Hope this helps you. I know you are getting a new one but I know you'd like to find the jagoffs that did this to you.

thats aweful i couldnt image how bad that would suck sorry man hope you can get something new

turbolou said:
I agree with that & also a well hidden kill switch, I'm paranoid as hell parking my car anywhere without being under watchful eye's
I once owned a real GNX & sold it to a moron that lived in an apartment on the edge of Oakland CA. crime capitol of northern CA. Not only did he not have & garage he left it outside in a carport. In the trunk was a fuel pump kill switch. It was too much trouble to use it .Well it got stolen & paid off by insurance. I later got a call from him looking for another. I suggested he buy a Volvo or BMW. Which is what he eventually did. In my 18 years of working on these cars I have witnessed many of these stories.You can't be paranoid enough. Don't let your car out of your sight. Get a written appraisal & keep all recipets.Insure it with a company that underwrites classics that will cover it for it's full value. Lojack or teletrack is all so a wise investment.