GN Stolen in North Mississippi/Memphis Area

This just makes me sick to my stomach looking at the before and after pictures of your car man. I feel so sad for you right now bud, jesus christ i cant friggin believe it.
I would go to every extreeme to find these bastards who stole your vehicle.

See if the serial numbers are on the tires that are now on your car, go to the tire vendor and see if they are still in their system!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
This just makes me sick to my stomach looking at the before and after pictures of your car man. I feel so sad for you right now bud, jesus christ i cant friggin believe it.
I would go to every extreeme to find these bastards who stole your vehicle.

See if the serial numbers are on the tires that are now on your car, go to the tire vendor and see if they are still in their system!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
BW
Like BW said I'm still sorry to hear and see about it. I can't even begin to think how you feel. Sorry again man...

Jason

DavzGN said:
I doubt this has anything to do with yours, but there is a GNX clone listed on ebay in Eastern Tennesee.

GNX Clone

David
87GN

You know Dave has a good point on this one, This car has 84 seats in it. It looks like the one on the junkyard pics had 84 parts swapped back on it. I'd look into this. Sounds fishy but the guy is selling the car for a friend and so on??? Just flagged me! -----Jeremy

"Bidding has ended" and as someone already commented on the eBay page, the car is nowhere near a GNX clone. That's merely a GN in decent shape with different badging and some flares and louvers. Big deal.

MEANBUICKS,

My soul is on fire reading and viewing that unfortunate series of events. I would respond worse than a jihadist terrorist if I discovered the people involved...and I WOULD find them. That's just wrong in so many ways.

Out here in KC we have to look for stolen cars ourselves and do our own police work. Somebody we knew, his car was stolen and stripped, luckily no drivetrain was stolen, but all the interior, wheels, front clip, etc etc was.

What Id be wondering is where whoever stole your car got those ttype wheels. Thats a little odd. Have you noticed and Regals, Cutlass, or Monte's running around on crusty ttype rims in your area? Id be out looking.......... just drive around, you might find something.................

Im very sorry for your loss.......... :mad: :mad: :mad:

BTW, that one on eBay had the fender flares installed and noticed that in the junkyard pics the flares were still attached.

Sorry. I guess it is the way the light was that makes them appear as if they are still on there.

Sorry to see and hear about this, this stuff happens way too often to these cars(and other g-bodies).

I'd also tend to think someone took the parts for their own Regal or TR but theres a chance the person(s) responsible do this to numerous TR's and other cars and the TR wheels they used were the worst of the lot they had laying around in their *hot* parts. Maybe they have a N/A Regal and got those wheels legit or stole them, then decided to *upgrade* to a GN hood style, by stealing it. :mad:

Pretty soon half the cars left will be made with stolen parts.

OMG...So sorry man.
The "ghetto bros" actually feel entitiled to have these cars. I get so tired of gas station encounters of "How much u want for it dog?" . If these un-evolved cretens would take care of their own crap, maybe they could keep their hands to themselves. The black community needs to get their s*** together. To take and never produce and only re-produce wont get it.

In 1987, two un-assuming businessmen from Atlanta stopped at a gas station in Birmingham. They both were executed for the car, after telling the scum..."just take it". Racial equality will be when anybody can move into,park, buy gas , in any 'hood. Meantime, lookout for the police if your a tax paying citizen in a TR. But if u need them......

Sorry again,
Rick

Ghetto Bros

As a educated "Bro" I can tell you the "Bros" in Birmingham are TERRIFIED of the wiring and turbo system in the GN's. If "Bros" had took the GN, you would have found the engine, trannny and wheels. They would have toook the car and put a 350 chebby with a T350 in it, while sitting on 24's. MEANBUICKS, your car was took by some professionals, not "Bros". I have had my T-Type broken in to 3 times and they could not get pass the fuel kill switch or the computer cut-off. I write down every T-Type / GN I see on a flatbed or trailer. I do this because most GN / T Type owner post their stolen cars on the site. I have had my car pushed out of my drive, but could not be cranked....

I feel your pain, but this was not the work of "GHETTO Bros". Don't get me wrong, I had a good friend, Jimmy Morning, killed over his GN at a gas station.
I wanted to sell my car the following day. If he was still alive he would have said do not give up your "Dream Car!" This is HARD for any GN / T Type owner.

No owner can visualize giving up their car. I have seen Regals in the Hood looking like GN's, but they are parts clones. "Bros" do not have any idea how advanced the 231 V6's are. I have heard many times you ought to put a 350/400 chevy in the car to make it fast... I just laugh..... In Birmingham I can count the "Bros" that have real T Type / GN's and I only need one hand and two fingers. One actually has a GNX and is SCARED as HELL to pull it out of his garage. He took it to Don Drennen Buick for service (Bad powermaster) and the service manager called the police and reported the car as STOLEN :mad:. Before he could get back home to Chelsea off hwy 119, he was pulled over twice.... :mad: :mad:. This guy builds and sell houses. Armani suits and Kenneth Cole shoes, still get you pulled over if you drive a "BLACK CAR" especially a GNX..... :mad:

Just my .02

yea.. that was taken by someone that also has a turbo buick.. NOONE purposely takes a powermaster out to re-use.. or, takes a highly complicated (well to me) fuel injected turbo V6 to re-use again.. those wheels too. theyre not 35 inches and have diamonds glued on them... that was another buick owner for sure. i guarantee it. Ive lived in a horrible side of detroit for 32 years straight (excluding my overseas service time) and I know what the 'brothers' like.. I too had my 83 regal stolen from right in front of my house on a late sat. nite... Thats not the work of a hood rat. well not the typical hood rat anyways.. they would have left the engine and rims, and yanked everything else.. the glass too. guaranteed. What did it for me was the rear end, and the powermaster. NOONE STEALS a powermaster, just to implant it into another vehicle. theyre kinda 'enthusiast' specific parts i think.
Hell, 99% of people dont even KNOW what a powermaster IS.

A typical N/A monte/cutty/grand prix/regal drivin homie, with his lime green painted car, and 26 inch chrome truck rims dont make enough power with their horribly engineered & tuned 350's to warrant needing a 'beefed up' rear end.. or a powermaster brake system for that matter.. Like I said, another auto enthusiast got ya. I would look not in your immediate neighborhood, but in the surrounding ones, for a new set of black gnx rims on someone elses car... (if youre so inclined) that would be the first tell-tale sign. id corner him, and drill him on where he got those from.. and go from there.

At any rate, im really sorry, and I wish there was something i could do for you... (if there is, just let me know anytime man, im pretty good at restoring old parts.) My stomach just dropped when i seen the results... Though i LOATHE the 'other kind' of people that drive our cars, i highly doubt it was one of 'em. This is the work of someone who knows our cars, knew what they were doing, and had done some prior reconnaissance on you. Why do you think im not on the 'gn registry' or the 'car domain' websites... Dont need to make it any easier for out of state theives to come and do a scouting mission on my ride... If i were you, just for the principle of the deal, id make sure i get that hulk back in my posession, hire a private investigator to print the entire car, and take samples if he could, and find those guys.. In fact id go to some extreme measures to do so.. If you dont stop these guys, theyre just going to keep goin...

Wow!! I'm a lil late on this thread, but that's the way I found my first GN in 1997 everything was gone. It was on the frame in the middle of the intersection in Compton, Ca. They laser cut the the Vin# out of the windshield too. No wiring or anything all that was left was the carcass and the frame and front windshield. I have a gun and everything known to man for security now;) .

If this happenend to me I would be really depressed. Hitting a stinking deer last month was bad enough. My only addition is that my GN is either locked in my garage or I am driving it. My GN is never parked in public without me in it unless I am at a car show. This is a requirement of my insurance. These cars are getting to be rare and the value is going up. Brad

I am curious what nationwide tried to settle with you as far as $$ amount. i just recently agreed (with state farm) on an appraised amount of insurance on my GN. but, i was wondering what you were offered? thanks, Gregg

Early in the settlement process the adjuster said they would pay me $7250 which was the value he picked from a collector car price guide for a fair condition GN (read lowest possible value). Of course I told him No Way!

He then hired an "appraiser" since he admitted that he was not at all familiar with this type car (or any car it seemed.) :rolleyes: This dopey broad from Stated Value Automobile Appraisal company in Texas calls me while I'm at the GS Nats to introduce herself and wow me with all her experience and credentials. She assures me that she'll thouroughly research the car and determine a realistic value. Five weeks go by and I don't hear a thing. After I begin raising cane, she calls me one evening and goes through an hour long scripted set of questions about my GN. She then slaps together a hurried, pitiful excuse for a report and sends it to Nationwide.

The adjuster calls me and says he will pay the amount determined by the appraiser, $8250. Again, I said No Way!. (She also placed salvage value at $3000.) Two days later the check arrives in the mail. Cute tactic. Send the check and see if the unhappy customer cashes it anyway and goes away. Jackasses! The adjuster got the check back shredded into very small pieces.

I then had to hire my own appraiser, invoking the policy's appraisal clause. To sum it up, my appraiser said $13,500 and their appraiser wouldn't even entertain the thought of negotiating with my appraiser to agree on a value per the process. This of course forced me to pay half the fee for an umpire so he could make the final determination.

So, in the end after over half a year passed by and I shelled out some $500 in various fees out-of-pocket, I wound up with a $10,530 settlement.

Nationwide Insurance and Stated Value Automobile Appraisal company are in bed together and work towards the common goal of screwing the customer. They are pure excrement! :mad:

Greg,

That is totally bogus. At least you got more than the insurance company originally offered. What a total PITA that whole process was. That car was worth far more than $10.5K.

I hope you're enjoying the "new" GN. What a beautiful car. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

Happy Holidays to you and the family!

My gawd... my jaw literally dropped when I saw those pictures... I'm so sorry man... I can't imagine what it's like!

Good to hear you got a decent settlement. Now get lojack on your new ride!