Getting ready for a future grudge match VS. a Mustang

I figure the D-5 is not going to help but the budget didn’t allow anything else and compared to the D-7 that I had in the car it’s a huge deference.

i havent desided about looking it up yet.

OK on launching an open rear car
I am planning on trying to do two burn outs in hopes of that after the first tire gets hot and sticky it would bite and allow the other tire to do a burn out. What do you guys think? Besides the obvious of getting a posi unit.(not going to happen yet)

Also how much tire pressure on regular street tires?

If you dont have DR, slicks you are going to spin outta hole even with a posi if you leave on any kind of boost/leaning on the convertor.

Regular radials is going to be tough esp with one wheel peel do a burnout to heat IT up and then walk it out the hole and pray hes doesnt hook.

You really need to get some tires

Which type of race gas should I use?
Leaded?
Unleaded?
Will it hurt my o2 sensor? i am using a heated O2 sensor now.
How much more boost could I add with the suggested race gas?

The day is almost here.
Anyway my cousin calls me today and says that I need a racing jacket to race at E-town because I have a turbo in my car and its not OE for my car.
What do you guys know about this new rule?

I E-mailed a tech guy at E-town to see what he says. But I figure you guys might know about this.
Thanks for the help.
David

Chevelle's... How heavy in reality?

Mine was a 71 model and it weighed 3620 w/o driver, it was a big block car, 12 bolt rear, bucket seats, all steel body, power steering and power brakes, aluminum intake/cast iron heads/block engine and aluminum wheels with full dual exhaust. I did help lighten it up by removing the entire HVAC system to include all the duct work and controls, I also removed the sound deadner under the carpet and I didn't have a spare tire either. Yeah these cars aren't lightweights by any means but the earlier models did weigh a little less than the later models. I'd say it's safe to say a 68 with a 307/327/350 weighs roughly 3500 lbs curb.

Talked to the tech guy at E-town about the jacket and he says "it’s a real good chance that you fail the tech inspection with out a jacket":mad:

:( Anybody have a XXL jacket they want to lend me???????:(

The tracks around here make you drive around the burnout box if you're running regular street radials. Glad to see you made it and post up your times and related SM data logs if you need help tuning.

The tracks around here make you drive around the burnout box if you're running regular street radials. Glad to see you made it and post up your times and related SM data logs if you need help tuning.

i just hope the rain holds up.
i'll try to have videos and pictures.

Yeah go around the water. Try to not blow the tires off on the launch and the rest is easy. Good luck.

i looks like i need to stop the smack talking.
My cuz with the just got back from Island and got a new best of 12.03 at 121:eek: @ only 20PSI and his car is set up for a least another 15 psi. of boost.
that is some badas S MPH he said his 60' was 2.01 while spinning with slicks.

with a good 60' and trapping 121 what ET would/should a TR have?