Game Plan...

Yep $200 you know it needs the engine rebuilt and machine shop work.:eek:

i looked at it and i figured for 200 bucks is got another year left on it if I keep the oil super clean and dont thrash on it. I looked around at some junkyards and found an engine for 800 bucks, or I can get the current motor fixed and flip it for 6500+ or trade for another car.

If the engine is bad and you replace it with a junk yard engine (they're called junk yards for a reason btw) you might get lucky and be able to drive it for a while. But you need to consider the cost of changing the engine some where around the same as the purchase of it. Good luck.

damn dude. im telling ya man, the 1986 Buick Regal sitting nearby in Dallas,OR (not The Dalles mind ya) for ONLY $400 apparently RUNS and drives, plus ya can get a good HA engine or B4B engine off here relatively cheap and have a good place (that GN place up in Everett) to take it to....all ya need is swap the tires/wheels from your present hooptie to it for the time being and get new tires.....honestly....i think you're thinking $200 to waste is good until ya get a bill from the shop saying $1500+ for the damned 4 banger engine, plus who knows whats wrong with the manual trans...

If the engine is bad and you replace it with a junk yard engine (they're called junk yards for a reason btw) you might get lucky and be able to drive it for a while. But you need to consider the cost of changing the engine some where around the same as the purchase of it. Good luck.

I can exchange engines for 200 bucks:eek::eek: I know... I would try to get the knock fixed by getting the camshaft balanced or ground whatever, new rods, pins, cylinder head, ect. Me and a good friend would work on the car and save me alot of money. Found a civic for sale for 400 I might look at as well.

damn dude. im telling ya man, the 1986 Buick Regal sitting nearby in Dallas,OR (not The Dalles mind ya) for ONLY $400 apparently RUNS and drives, plus ya can get a good HA engine or B4B engine off here relatively cheap and have a good place (that GN place up in Everett) to take it to....all ya need is swap the tires/wheels from your present hooptie to it for the time being and get new tires.....honestly....i think you're thinking $200 to waste is good until ya get a bill from the shop saying $1500+ for the damned 4 banger engine, plus who knows whats wrong with the manual trans...

The big problem is that I cant get down there, I already called PNW turbo and the PERFER TO WORK ON IC CARS ONLY:mad::mad::mad: they suggested doing an IC swap several times, but I wanna go twin turbo C/T.

btw you got any pics, if you gimme a ride i might go look at it....;)

The big problem is that I cant get down there, I already called PNW turbo and the PERFER TO WORK ON IC CARS ONLY:mad::mad::mad: they suggested doing an IC swap several times, but I wanna go twin turbo C/T.

You really have high hopes, don't you. First learn how to work on what you have before going into something else please. You have to understand that I've been working on cars since I was your age and have a lot of time under my belt. I have been a huge fan of the Buick V6 engine since I was your age but it has it's limits just like anything else. If you don't do your homework on how to make it work NA then you won't be able to make it work with a turbo. We're more than happy to help you but you really need to listen to what we've been trying to tell you. Take your time and do your homework on how it's done before you go and blow the car up. I'm sure your mom doesn't want a piece of yard art in the driveway.:biggrin:

I don't know of any members in your area but you need to see if you can get hold of Ken (turbofabricator). He started with them and really knows his sh!t. You just need to be patient and see when he's free.

reason i ask, because if i dont get the 1995 Regal with the L36, there's a carbed LK9 3.0 v6 Ciera 2 door and there's a few other cars with carbed V6s or the LG3 and LN3 engine series out here for relatively cheap ($400-700) that i'd like to soup up, or build up.....but i want to find a shop who would know what to do with them, unlike the majority who does either 22R/22RE/Honda/imports and truck motors..

for that matter, i need a DD-level of car first lol...but since I've not a pressing need for a DD, but rather something i can use to go out of town once a week...nice living in a town where i can walk most places, or use buses most places....and not feel like i know everyone lol.

83turbo, ya live in taco town? (tacoma) bout how far is it from Salem, Oregon?

You really have high hopes, don't you. First learn how to work on what you have before going into something else please. You have to understand that I've been working on cars since I was your age and have a lot of time under my belt. I have been a huge fan of the Buick V6 engine since I was your age but it has it's limits just like anything else. If you don't do your homework on how to make it work NA then you won't be able to make it work with a turbo. We're more than happy to help you but you really need to listen to what we've been trying to tell you. Take your time and do your homework on how it's done before you go and blow the car up. I'm sure your mom doesn't want a piece of yard art in the driveway.:biggrin:

I do have high hopes, I am exited about getting to tear down my car soon, not tear it up i guess, I wish i had as much expo as you guys do, and maybe I will someday. I know a little bit about engines, the old school v8's and i6 from 1979 and older. I helped fix and 200ci on a 67 mustang, and some other engines, but not this engine, its a bit above my head ill admit it. Ive been trying to find some good liturature because I steal internet from somewhere (somehow I hacked in and bypess thier ip addresses, routing codes, and LAN configurations from my laptop:eek:) and i dont have the internet alot to do research. Im trying to find a cheap hooptie to bang around town with for awhile, and I can afford the 200 sonata, I might go look at a few other cars around here as well. theres an 84 regal for 800 im finna look at. I WILL do the compression check, I promise EVERYONE, i wont let nobody down, let me go on ahead and Fail my math class:mad: then ill have plenty of time after school to work on the hooptie:tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

which one, me or 83turbohooptiekiddo? i dont have the spare tires/wheels to just go and get it.....lol

I don't know of any members in your area but you need to see if you can get hold of Ken (turbofabricator). He started with them and really knows his sh!t. You just need to be patient and see when he's free.

I heard he might have went back to Boeing building our real ONLY export in this miserable state.