Game Plan...

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Okay... I FINALLY GOT A GAME PLAN>>>>> I need GOOD tools, not the cheap stuff they sell at AZ (sorry charlie:redface:). Im gonna start by maybe taking the car to the track to get a good idea of what it currently runs because i believe that it runs a bit faster than stock amid its problems. Then..... Compression check

TOOOLS.....
Torque plates
Some reading material (ANY good suggestions guys:smile: willing to buy)
a Complete rebuild
A trip to Jays GN in Evrett Washington
New Crank and rotating/balancing assemblies
GN camshaft
Forged rods
New pushrods and valvesprings (the ones from powerblock were cool)
Rocker arms (any suggestions)
Head Porting (charlie ill send em to you)
MSD timing/ignition system
some junkyard t3 turbos????
A high rise intake manifold
electric fan
cheap intercooler (maybe)
distributor tuning (springs, advance, pickup, wires)
New fuel pump
maybe a blow through carb (demon 750)
make a pair of custom valve covers
Eaton rear end
New u-joint
High Stall converter
junkyard 2004r (maybe)

This is just for starters.....

BTW What is this.... Its always in the way when I work on my car..

Attachments

• 20941128184_ORIG.jpg
    20941128184_ORIG.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 20941128189_ORIG.jpg
    20941128189_ORIG.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 183
Do the dayum compression test before you blow the frigging engine!!!:mad: Putting it on the track will result in some damage if you don't know what is wrong currently or what you're doing!

Do the dayum compression test before you blow the frigging engine!!!:mad: Putting it on the track will result in some damage if you don't know what is wrong currently or what you're doing!

STOP YELLING AT MEEEEE:(:(:(:p I know... ill do it this week. Ive got advanced algebra up the wazoo this weekend and if you want to help me thats great.... I think that my engine is in bad enough shape. I think I have bent rods, rear main seal is bad, i took off the up-pipe and the turbo is pretty dirty, rocker knock, carb is wierd, and timing is WAAAAAY off... it cant get much worse... I wanted to to a comparisson. I WILL do the compression check when my test is done... School is much more important than the car...

Been a very aggrivating day Ramone. Sorry. Please just do the the compression test before you send the crank or rods out of the block and are stuck with yard art. School is your number one concern right now but if you take the time to do the check instead of posting a thread about taking the car to the track we can help you. Believe it or not we really want to help you get her running right but you have to help us to help you. Info is the only way to do this.

at least do a compression check on the first cylinder. so you have some start.:biggrin: everyone would like you to do all of them but its not happening so maybe if you do one you will be confident to do all of them.

Shouldn he be in school like it says in his other thread/threads instead of posting here:eek:

hey... nobody said I HAD to do my homework at school:biggrin: (dont tell my mum:frown:) Its breaktime here and I limped my buick to school with a bad distributor pickup..... hope I make it home.

What these guys are telling you is not advanced algebra it is basic math.
Start listening or you will be walking.

Did you log in as LIV4GNS at one point and time....................

Slam, If he would look up those post from the beginning he might understand what not listening will do for you.

You know you have major blowby.

You dont know the history of the motor.

You dont know the compression.

You are always having problems with it, weather its igniton or whatever.

You have no boost retard.

You have a non proven hacked together combo.

Its a mess, you cant just jump into it.

Seems to me its time to rebuilt the bottom end. My rebuilt got into the $1000 by the time machineing was done. Had 3 spun rod berrings, 2 melted pistons, and a bunch more. Still have a bad cam, want to look into new valve springs, and get a set of heads ported up.

I had access to lifts, a machine shop, a large garage full of tools, and I still had problems. The 2 front cam oil gallery plugs were taken out by the machine shop when the cam berrings were replaced, I didnt know, ran the engine with no oil pressure for a few minutes.

I dont suggest doing anything unless theres a shop that will let you work on it with them shadowing you. Problem is, thats called college, and it costs money.

Like people say, park it, buy a relable car, and work on it when you have tools and knowlege. It will take at least $2500 to rebuild it. Thats parts, machineing, labor, buying tools, organizing stuff, Ect.

Little stuff WILL come up. Stuff happens.

Lots of "I'm gonna do this" "I'm gonna do that" around here but nothing ever gets done. There's a guy here in town that has a turbo monte. He thinks the turbo isn't working. Instead of just talking about it, he did something about it-he brought it to me:biggrin: He knows the car is 30yrs old so he's gonna do a major tune up and replace all vacuum lines.

He don't know a damn thing about it but is very eager to learn and wants to know everything I know. Doesn't screw around either. Actually checks stuff out for himself for what he can do. It's his DD and still makes time for it even with 2 small kids. If he can find the time to do it, I'm sure you can too.

Lots of "I'm gonna do this" "I'm gonna do that" around here but nothing ever gets done. There's a guy here in town that has a turbo monte. He thinks the turbo isn't working. Instead of just talking about it, he did something about it-he brought it to me:biggrin: He knows the car is 30yrs old so he's gonna do a major tune up and replace all vacuum lines.

He don't know a damn thing about it but is very eager to learn and wants to know everything I know. Doesn't screw around either. Actually checks stuff out for himself for what he can do. It's his DD and still makes time for it even with 2 small kids. If he can find the time to do it, I'm sure you can too.

im not trying to make excuses for myself... (maybe) but im NOT a mechanic and i still need the car to get to school so I cannot take the car fully apart till i get another hooptie. I know a bit about cars and how they work, but not everything.

bloody hell this reminds me of when i was in college! :eek: lol. always talked about this or that for a 3100 equipped station wagon......(i loved that car...) then had to give it up after it ate its 2nd transmission and blew out gaskets and milkshaked the coolant (oil/coolant mix) then got a crappier pontiac GP with a 3 speed, then got a slightly better buick with a 3.3 then tried to finish fixing it entirely on my money and time but it got donated for $0 tax refund :( ANYWAYS..... GET A DAMN DAILY DRIVER.....hell i'm looking at a 1995 Buick REGAL Custom with a v6 (not sure which, its either a 3100 or a 3800 L36, would prefer it be the L36 lol), 124K miles and under $1000 locally...well, locally being Molalla, oregon lol

bloody hell this reminds me of when i was in college! :eek: lol. always talked about this or that for a 3100 equipped station wagon......(i loved that car...) then had to give it up after it ate its 2nd transmission and blew out gaskets and milkshaked the coolant (oil/coolant mix) then got a crappier pontiac GP with a 3 speed, then got a slightly better buick with a 3.3 then tried to finish fixing it entirely on my money and time but it got donated for $0 tax refund :( ANYWAYS..... GET A DAMN DAILY DRIVER.....hell i'm looking at a 1995 Buick REGAL Custom with a v6 (not sure which, its either a 3100 or a 3800 L36, would prefer it be the L36 lol), 124K miles and under $1000 locally...well, locally being Molalla, oregon lol

im getting a 2006 hyudai sonata with a 4banger and 5spd stick.... 200 bucks:eek: