G-TECH Pro's CHEAP!!! $36 ON EBAY!!!

You guys make me want to pull out my Gtech from the glove compartment and go play :D . I had forgot about it in there. Now that I know its worth a whole $35, I have a renewed interest :rolleyes: :)

Ok, now the obvious question.........assuming these are the real deal GTechs, do they actually work worth a damn? Are they accurate at all? Anyone ever tested one at the track and compared it to their timeslip?

a buddy of mine tested his Gtech at the track running 12.4s. Gtech showed about 12.5 he said. so it seems pretty accurate. he ran his car on BFG DRs. i theorize that spining tires may cause the Gtech to not be accurate but i may be wrong.

Actually this particular unit is the inexpensive one. Also, these are the same units they were giving away free at tirerack.com a few months back.

I believe the G-tech Pro Competition is the most popular unit nowadays. My bet is he is clearing them out and making $5.00 - $10.00 per unit.

They may be blowing them out to make way for a new model??

Joe

Originally posted by GNX Guy
Actually this particular unit is the inexpensive one. Also, these are the same units they were giving away free at tirerack.com a few months back.

I believe the G-tech Pro Competition is the most popular unit nowadays. My bet is he is clearing them out and making $5.00 - $10.00 per unit.

They may be blowing them out to make way for a new model??

Joe

YUP. why else would they be so cheap unless there was a better unit available?

BW

how they get all this data out of the cigarette lighter blows my mind. But the one thing i always wondered is. If you change your tire size then your speedo would be uncalibrated thus making the Gtech inaccurate, or more inaccurate than it already is. regardless I orded one anyways and i got my confirmation # and should be here tomorrow!

tire size, gear ratio, etc have nothing to do with it.

You put in the weight of your car, and the potentiometer does the rest.

You are joking aren't you????

Originally posted by fireberd350
how they get all this data out of the cigarette lighter blows my mind. But the one thing i always wondered is. If you change your tire size then your speedo would be uncalibrated thus making the Gtech inaccurate, or more inaccurate than it already is. regardless I orded one anyways and i got my confirmation # and should be here tomorrow!

I just bought one too... It's worth the 36.00 risk. I think it's legit, maybe he buys factory seconds or something.

Originally posted by GNX Guy
You are joking aren't you????

not at all, i have NO IDEA how these things work. thought they read crap from the ECM thru the lighter and made calculations ans what not. i guess im way off and it uses a potentiometer...whatever that is:confused:

I just bought one and I don't even need it......couldn't resist at that price. I would assume that these are the last of the G-Tech Pros and they'll soon be selling only the G-Tech Pro Competition.

after reading this post i bought one also! my buddy had the new one for 300 with the blue screen in his T he said he loves it.so for 42.85 shipped it will be worth the risk i think so.