FAST Individual Cylinder Control (ICC)

dhegge

Guys/Craig

I have a FAST SFI setup w/ICC. I have been trying to get the individual cylinder control (Timing Retard) to work since we installed it. The fuel portion appears to work ok. The problem is I can never find any retard on any cylinders. Following the instructions (RTFM) I took 10 degrees out of number one reved the motor to 3500RPM on the chassis dyno and then looked on #1 for a 10 degree retard off of a base timing of 34 degrees. No such luck. We than checked the other 7 cylinders and never did find the retarded timing.

I am having driveability issues with a Mid RPM Miss which I posted as well and I am wondering if the two could be tied together. I have the following setup for Crank/CAM Sync. I can't use a crank trigger do to room issue in my C4 corvette.

Crank Trigger: MSD Distributor Reluctor
Cam SYNC: MSD Shaft Pickup/EFI Distributor

The distributor has been checked and phased and the crank reference angle is set to around 53 degrees. Base timing is 34 degrees or so.

No matter what we do we can't find the 10 degree retard. I am beginning to wonder if I have a problem with the ECM. But than again at WOT the little TT Motor makes 1KHP so it must be doing something correct!

Thanks,
Doug
P.S. I have a FAST harness/Factory ECM Completely Removed!

Make sure that the TPS reading is ABOVE the max TPS for idle setting in the software. If this is a fairly new unit, this is likely your problem. This was a change we made not long ago because a lot of cars using ICC didn't run well at part throttle with ICC settings optimized for WOT.

Craig,

From the Manual:

The "Maximum TPS for Idle" field is used to set the threshold where the ECU no longer considers the engine to be idling. It is recommended to observe the TPS reading at an idle and setting this field to that number plus one. In other words, if your TPS reads 10% at an idle, set this value to 11. When the TPS percentage exceeds the value specified in this field, the IAC motor will be "locked" into the position specified in the throttle follower graph, and the Timing Trim graph will not be used.

Are yo sayng that in addition to the aboce that ICC will not work if MAX TPS is not set correctly? If so you have most likely found the problem. I believe MAX TPS is set to 20. I will double check it in at the shop today when I get a chance.

Thanks for the much needed Info!

Doug