I'm not sure how long the key is supposed to be but it is very close to 2 in

Attachments

• IMG_20190626_122709.jpg
    IMG_20190626_122709.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20190626_122804.jpg
    IMG_20190626_122804.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 20
I would start with replacing the balancer and key, and verify the crank isn't damaged.

Hard to accurately measure 1 or 2 degrees crank rotation close to TDC, and the same 2 degrees on the wrong side can blow stuff up.

Easy to imagine how timing can be significantly off with the stack up on that setup.

Refer to the thread; Turbo Buick 10 Commandments

I would start with replacing the balancer and key, and verify the crank isn't damaged.

Hard to accurately measure 1 or 2 degrees crank rotation close to TDC, and the same 2 degrees on the wrong side can blow stuff up.
Wow, Im embarrassed that I did not pull the balancer previously. Once I replaced the key stock and reused the balancer and this took care of the timing issue. I tested it at 10 deg through fast and it was right on. So I reset the reference number at 10 and the timing reacts as it should but I have to recheck other settings in the fast program. Thanks again for the motivating advice Jerryl..

Wow, Im embarrassed that I did not pull the balancer previously. Once I replaced the key stock and reused the balancer and this took care of the timing issue. I tested it at 10 deg through fast and it was right on. So I reset the reference number at 10 and the timing reacts as it should but I have to recheck other settings in the fast program. Thanks again for the motivating advice Jerryl..
Great news. Glad to hear it's resolved.

Just remember that if the key slot in the balancer is damaged (which it appears to be) the issue may return.

Just remember that if the key slot in the balancer is damaged (which it appears to be) the issue may return.

Yep. As in a crack along the edge of the keyway.....
If the keyway is beat up, there's a good chance there are stress risers there, that will promote a crack.
The V-sicks shakes bad enough, to begin with.
Furthermore, since the balancer was loose, when you got the car, there could well be bearing damage.

I have another issue with this vehicle that is driving me bonkers! In the fast program, I am trying to set the ATS and CTS correctly. I have loaded the GM table and have set the bias to 2.2. The temp of the motor is 80 Deg, but it is registering maximum which turns the fan on. I can reverse the graph and the fan goes off. I have taken a voltage on c23 of the fast box and it read 3. something volts and mostly the same for the ATS. I have tried raising and lowering the bias with no luck. This all is with the key on but engine not started. I have also searched for information on the issue on the internet and nothing.

I have another issue with this vehicle that is driving me bonkers! In the fast program, I am trying to set the ATS and CTS correctly. I have loaded the GM table and have set the bias to 2.2. The temp of the motor is 80 Deg, but it is registering maximum which turns the fan on. I can reverse the graph and the fan goes off. I have taken a voltage on c23 of the fast box and it read 3. something volts and mostly the same for the ATS. I have tried raising and lowering the bias with no luck. This all is with the key on but engine not started. I have also searched for information on the issue on the internet and nothing.

Post the tune file...……...

Ok, raw voltage on the cts is 2.87 at 72degs but is still reads 7 deg on the cts chart. also raw ats is 2.67 and that chart reads 1 deg.