Fast 93/alky pass

Regardless of the ET and MPH, I'm most interested in the boost, timing, and AFR.

There are some tough critics on this board.

Believe me I know that all to well!!

That's what I don't understand there are so few of us racing these anymore and I enjoy getting on here and reading about guys out there doing it and getting it done. To top that off of the racers left on this board it seems everytime I log onto to this site another one is yapping about his $1500 1000+HP LSx build and how its going to rule the street. Although I have to admit I am finding this thread rather amusing
www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/who-has-the-fastes-lsx-turbo-buick.377270/#post-3021340

Believe me I know that all to well!!

That's what I don't understand there are so few of us racing these anymore and I enjoy getting on here and reading about guys out there doing it and getting it done. To top that off of the racers left on this board it seems everytime I log onto to this site another one is yapping about his $1500 1000+HP LSx build and how its going to rule the street. Although I have to admit I am finding this thread rather amusing
www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/who-has-the-fastes-lsx-turbo-buick.377270/#post-3021340
why? Because some one has a big turbo but runs low tens for cheap?

BEATAV8 said:
Regardless of the ET and MPH, I'm most interested in the boost, timing, and AFR.

25psi. 26 for a few frames. 20*. 10.2-10.3:1. Definitely more than 135mph.

turbobuick said:

I find it kind of amusing myself. I probably wouldn't post there until I ran 9 teens or better even if it was the quickest and it would have to be very similar to the way I ran mine in this thread. 93/alky and no trailer. Theres a level in my own mind that has to be reached or it doesn't matter. Same goes for the times with billet compressors thread.

It's also amusing the people that talk the talk but in reality don't get it done. I4, V6 or v8.

It's also amusing the people that talk the talk but in reality don't get it done. I4, V6 or v8.

Bison is his own hardest critic. I think his run was bad ass but he's not happy, Go figure. I guess this is what makes him push to the edge and have success doing so.
Allan G.

Im talking in general of all cars where people talk but don't produce. Just seems to be a lot of hatred to ls cars around here. They are usually built to go fast cheap. We all know a low stock v6 running low tens is a time bomb but a stock turbo ls can survive. Some get the point and most here don't. Oh well. They are referring to a car that runs low 10's with a 4788. Yeah a 4788 can go high 7's with a Buick v6, but it can also prove to be a reliable low 10 second turbo for a bracket car with a stock 6.0. Hell he has 100's of passes without any maintenance. Do that with a v6.

Im talking in general of all cars where people talk but don't produce. Just seems to be a lot of hatred to ls cars around here. They are usually built to go fast cheap. We all know a low stock v6 running low tens is a time bomb but a stock turbo ls can survive. Some get the point and most here don't. Oh well. They are referring to a car that runs low 10's with a 4788. Yeah a 4788 can go high 7's with a Buick v6, but it can also prove to be a reliable low 10 second turbo for a bracket car with a stock 6.0. Hell he has 100's of passes without any maintenance. Do that with a v6.

Kevin,
I find the thread amusing because no one has posted anything faster than your buddies car. I wasn't knocking his car I never said anything about it good or bad. If he is having fun and happy with it so be it, I'm not judging him and he certainly has nothing to prove to me so don't ASS-U-ME it like that.

I don't see a lot of talkers in this thread. I like a nice LSx build as much as the next guy I just don't like seeing them in stuffed in real Turbobuicks and I don't like talking about them on a TurboBuick board. I get it, I am pretty sure Bison, Lonnie and Kip get it but the guys on the board who convert their cars and want everyone on a Buick board to except them sure don't seem to get it.

I am pretty sure my old TSO car would run 10's day in and day out for years but why would I want to it wasn't built for that. Running anything for all its worth and it is going to have a significantly shorter life span.

I am looking forward to seeing your car run when its done. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against your old motor in Lonnie's car???

turbobitt said:
Bison is his own hardest critic. I think his run was bad ass but he's not happy, Go figure. I guess this is what makes him push to the edge and have success doing so.
Allan G.

Definitely wasn't any where near the edge on those runs. Not unhappy about my passes either. Pissed about getting booted though

I can't wait till I have an LS in one of my cars so I can apply what I learned with these cars on it.

jasjamz said:
How much boost did you launch with?

8-12psi. Less is better. Hard to control it. If you leave high It ramps too fast and too little it's lazy. Less is better though. Using an External with a controller is a huge advantage with the ramp in. You can leave higher and ramp slower to not overwhelm it.

I really don;t care for the LS stuff, I rather spend more money and feel better beating those v8;s:)

Getting off topic, but....

To me..... impressive can be found in many shapes here..... to me this is impressive:

A full weight (with a/c and overdrive) LC2 based regal running 9 anything on pump gas and alky...... even better if they drive it to the track.

A low 9 sec iron headed TSM car.... there are a couple, maybe 3..... one still has the 2004R.....

An 8 sec TSM pass.

A low buck Ls hybrid regal running pump gas and alky..... must be deep into the 9's

A mid 11 sec pass with the LC2 regal using the stock turbo.......

Kevin,

When did you change your thoughts from this post? What made you change your mind and go LS?

KevinB Active Member

Message Count:

To me, its like this:​
A turbo v8 regal running 7s = cool.​
A turbo v6 regal running 7s = bad f'n @ss​
A turbo v8 regal running 9s or slower = why bother?​
a turbo v6 regal runnings 9s or slower = bad @ss​
And for those that say, "yeah well a 9 sec v8 is more reliable and cheaper" .....I say BS!​
Don't tell that to my budget, Chinese part having 109 engine that is going on year 5 with not even a blown head basket. Its all in the tune and not doing anything stupid. Check a plug or two after every hard run. Don't go out first pass all out if the car hasn't been to the track lately. Data log everything and look for weird numbers. Don't run it on the edge all the time. Cheapee oil and frequent oil changes is better than expensive gimmick oil and changing it once a year.​

Over night a few moths ago lol
I mention that in the first paragraph in my build thread in the lsx section.