Fast 93/alky pass

Brian, are you using the XFI to control the boost ramp-in? If not, what controller are you using? Also, will you be at Norwalk?

tonysmach said:
Brian, are you using the XFI to control the boost ramp-in? If not, what controller are you using? Also, will you be at Norwalk?

Im not using any controller. Just a heavy actuator. I probably won't be at Norwalk.

He's probably not saying his times because he makes $$$ with his car.... 9.97 @140

This thread wasn't started as a what did it run either:)

That was awesome. I doubt I will experience a pass like that. I am just hoping for mid 11's!

1buick said:
Bison do you use a stage right transbrake?

Yes it's a mechanical trans brake. The same that has been sold as "stage right" in the past.

Yes it's a mechanical trans brake. The same that has been sold as "stage right" in the past.
I just installed the same transbrake. Are there any issues you have been having that I should be aware off. Is there any prep work I need to do prior to using the transbreak to make sure nothing breaks? Should I up grade my u-joints, if so what do you recommend?

1buick said:
I just installed the same transbrake. Are there any issues you have been having that I should be aware off. Is there any prep work I need to do prior to using the transbreak to make sure nothing breaks? Should I up grade my u-joints, if so what do you recommend?

I would at minimum replace the stock axles. A driveshaft is recommended also. Stock u joints are fine as long as they arent sloppy or have been replaced with the type that has grease fittings on them. If it has that style replace them with the hd style. If you get a driveshaft order it with good u joints. I also have covers with the preloading studs on them also on both of my cars. Don't attempt to launch the car with your fingers wrapped around the shifter or you will pull it back into 1st.

I would at minimum replace the stock axles. A driveshaft is recommended also. Stock u joints are fine as long as they arent sloppy or have been replaced with the type that has grease fittings on them. If it has that style replace them with the hd style. If you get a driveshaft order it with good u joints. I also have covers with the preloading studs on them also on both of my cars. Don't attempt to launch the car with your fingers wrapped around the shifter or you will pull it back into 1st.
One last question... Do these cars come with factory driveshaft loop? It looks like a factory brace that is just behind the transmission, abt 6 inches back behind the u-joint of the drive shaft. It's just a flat bar under the driveshaft.

1buick said:
One last question... Do these cars come with factory driveshaft loop? It looks like a factory brace that is just behind the transmission, abt 6 inches back behind the u-joint of the drive shaft. It's just a flat bar under the driveshaft.

They don't come with a loop.