6776/PTC 2800 track results

What fuel pumps in the car and have you verified a 1:1 ratio at the very end of 3rd?

Considering a 1.5 60ft will put you at a 10.8, your race weight is pretty high and your a single nozzle alky kit you might not be that far off DC wise at 11.3 AF/R.

I think he's on par.if he wouldn't have let off the mph would have been around 122-123.

I think there was a combination of issues for the IDC.

First is I did let off but not at he 1000ft mark or anything..I was almost at the traps so I cant say for sure exactly what mph I lost.

Second I was at 11.3-11.4 A/F on that pass. I usually have it tuned for 10.8 on the street. I didnt get to experiment and make any other passes to determine if bringing the A/F down would affect my E.T. positivley or negatively. I know back in the first days of alky inj. those were the A/F numbers to shoot for. Now days it has been proven to go lower. Every car is different...

My FP rose 1:1 with boost and was rock steady thru out the run.

Also ,I think as Dusty said, I was on the edge of the power constraints with the 2800 converter. I was shifting a little high and it was blowing thru it a little on the big end. It is dead on for my goals but if I was at the track every weekend and had the boost turned up the 9.5 NL would be the answer.

And lastly the car did what I wanted to do so who cares about the IDC. I got my timeslip I had been trying for for years.:) Not to say I couldnt be in the "right range" of IDC , I just dont have a race car. I just tried to tune it for no knock and it all worked out. I f I have a serious issue with the IDC then I will look into it . Other than that I am done at the track. By the way my ET Streets and Weld wheels are in the Parts for Sale section.

Thanks for all of the input guys..I really appreciate it.

Hey Congrats ED!!

I just got back from "The Big Easy" so just getting around to looking on the boards to see what I had missed! I took mine to the track too, unfortunantly I didn't get any results. I only got 2 passes in and the first pass I blew the intercooler hose off right around the 330 ft mark. The second pass I split the hose before the 1/8 :mad: ! I was cutting some good sixty ft's comsidering I was on some bald BFG dr's. 1.65 and a 1.67. Needless to say I was very dissappointed. No big deal. I really need to go back on some fresh tires though. My wife already told me that is what she is getting me for Christmas :biggrin: I'll keep you posted, Congrats on your new best!!

I think there was a combination of issues for the IDC.

First is I did let off but not at he 1000ft mark or anything..I was almost at the traps so I cant say for sure exactly what mph I lost.

Second I was at 11.3-11.4 A/F on that pass. I usually have it tuned for 10.8 on the street. I didnt get to experiment and make any other passes to determine if bringing the A/F down would affect my E.T. positivley or negatively. I know back in the first days of alky inj. those were the A/F numbers to shoot for. Now days it has been proven to go lower. Every car is different...

My FP rose 1:1 with boost and was rock steady thru out the run.

Also ,I think as Dusty said, I was on the edge of the power constraints with the 2800 converter. I was shifting a little high and it was blowing thru it a little on the big end. It is dead on for my goals but if I was at the track every weekend and had the boost turned up the 9.5 NL would be the answer.

And lastly the car did what I wanted to do so who cares about the IDC. I got my timeslip I had been trying for for years.:) Not to say I couldnt be in the "right range" of IDC , I just dont have a race car. I just tried to tune it for no knock and it all worked out. I f I have a serious issue with the IDC then I will look into it . Other than that I am done at the track. By the way my ET Streets and Weld wheels are in the Parts for Sale section.

Thanks for all of the input guys..I really appreciate it.

The DC is just something to watch closely. Usually what happens is it will start creeping a little when theres a little fuel supply problem and then it will go right to 100%.

The DC is just something to watch closely. Usually what happens is it will start creeping a little when theres a little fuel supply problem and then it will go right to 100%.

Bison, since it was rock steady I should be okay right? As long as its not moving up on the run acoording to my data logging?

The injector duty cycle cannot change from where it's programmed, unless you change it using the WOT fuel adjustment. You would need a setup that is closed loop at full throttle to do that.

Eric

The injector duty cycle cannot change from where it's programmed, unless you change it using the WOT fuel adjustment. You would need a setup that is closed loop at full throttle to do that.

Eric

Hey Eric, Thanks for posting. I was gonna update you on the good news about the track. Your second chip is the one I am using and the results speak for themselves. Thanks for all of your input and tech advice. Once again I will say it that you are one of the most important pieces of the puzzle in getting these cars to run as good as they do. Keep up the good work.

ED