6776/PTC 2800 track results

87NAT

In Between GN's
Well I finally made it out to the track. Sadly I only got to make one pass before they kicked me out.:cool: :smile:

1.71 60 foot(Leaving at 0 boost/footbrake)
7.13 1/8 et
96.9 1/8 mph
11.20 1/4
118.8 1/4 mph
23 psi
25/21 timing
11.3-11.4 a/f thru out pass
0 knock
93 octane and alky
3850 lb w/ driver

I had the car tuned with the PL at 25 psi on the street last night and I turned it down to make a shakedown pass and get some A/F numbers. I didnt know it would be my only pass of the day. I also let out right before the traps because there was about a 4 foot snake(water moccasin) crossing the traps. I hit it and disentegrated it . (Got snake parts under my car:eek: ) There went my extra mph. We are in south Louisiana...I guess snakes like racing too.:D

I am showing about 17% slippage on this converter. I dropped a little over 600 rpms on each shift. I went thru the traps at 5710 rpms. I dont know what I lost with the snake crossing and me getting out of it. It might not have as much slippage with a few more mph in the formula.

As far as the turbo is concerned. I am very pleased with the power it is producing at these low boost levels. I wish I could have turned it up to the "sweet" spot.

My car usually does 1.58 sixty foots leaving at 5 psi. I thought I was going to get as many passes as needed to bring up my boost and my sixty foot as the day went on. I guess I have to take comfort that a good sxity foot and few more psi and it was going to run some good 10's.

All in all for a stock block and bolt ons I couldnt be happier running these time on street tires and pump gas.

Put the GTA rims back on it and be done with it. Your goal has been met.

This is where we'll see if you have any willpower!

Way to go, Ed! I know you were happy.:biggrin:

Which track/snake farm did you go to?

-Ron

Wow awesome time! I hope to get within a second of that with my 6776 and much lower boost :biggrin: Well done.

Way to go, Ed! I know you were happy.:biggrin:

Which track/snake farm did you go to?

-Ron

I went to state capitol raceway. The only other track around is No Problem Raceway but they are pretty strict about cages also. Turbo6 got booted out there recently.

I am done at the track for a while. Back to the car shows and saturday night cruising. I just needed to see what she would do.

Great time, the 17% is why I was in favor of the 9.5" since you can't lock the 10". :frown:

Everything looks about right. I do think you lost a couple mph from lifting. Lifting right at the finish will have a large effect on mph but not much change in the et. Your right in that range where the 9.5 would begin to benefit if it was used more on the track than you do. I'd leave it alone and enjoy the car.

What rpm was the car shifting at?

The slip is the same as what Damon was seeing at 10.6's and 126mph. I'd guess that your shifting lower so the converter isn't coupling as well as it would at higher rpms. Still shows 10.8-11.0 is about the limit of the 10" stuff.

Ed,

Congratulations on your new best!
You need a new nick name.
The Snake, Liquid Snake (for my metal gear solid geeks).
We really need to come up with something!!!

Everything looks about right. I do think you lost a couple mph from lifting. Lifting right at the finish will have a large effect on mph but not much change in the et. Your right in that range where the 9.5 would begin to benefit if it was used more on the track than you do. I'd leave it alone and enjoy the car.

What rpm was the car shifting at?

The slip is the same as what Damon was seeing at 10.6's and 126mph. I'd guess that your shifting lower so the converter isn't coupling as well as it would at higher rpms. Still shows 10.8-11.0 is about the limit of the 10" stuff.

It was shifting at about 5700 Dusty.

It was shifting at about 5700 Dusty.

OK. This is what I normally see with a high 10, low 11 car with the 10". They hold great until you reach this power level. Your still fine and can race the car as much as you want. You won't hurt anything, the car is just beginning to overpower(blow through) the converter. This is why the 9.5 is the best choice for a 10 second and faster car if the goal is the best et and mph possible. Congrats on the times.

OK. This is what I normally see with a high 10, low 11 car with the 10". They hold great until you reach this power level. Your still fine and can race the car as much as you want. You won't hurt anything, the car is just beginning to overpower(blow through) the converter. This is why the 9.5 is the best choice for a 10 second and faster car if the goal is the best et and mph possible. Congrats on the times.

I think it works great for my application at these boost levels. I am 100% satisfied with the converter and all of the help and input that you gave me over the last year and a half. It took a few swaps to find the right one but it paid off in the end. The 10" 2800 is a good match for these cars and you still have great street manners with it.

If things change down the road I might go for it and put that 9.5 NL bad boy in there and crank the boost up.:smile: I dont think my stock bottom end would like that very much though.:eek:

I think it works great for my application at these boost levels. I am 100% satisfied with the converter and all of the help and input that you gave me over the last year and a half. It took a few swaps to find the right one but it paid off in the end. The 10" 2800 is a good match for these cars and you still have great street manners with it.

If things change down the road I might go for it and put that 9.5 NL bad boy in there and crank the boost up.:smile: I dont think my stock bottom end would like that very much though.:eek:

Your welcome;) Knowing what your car is used for, I'd leave it alone and enjoy the ride. Thanks for all the feedback.

Ed, I was thinking your car should see 10s with that 206/206 in the combo now with that right convertor. Low boost running those times makes the perfect street car and Im glad youve found the right convertor. Without the snake and a good 60' and your there without a doubt. So now that youve been kicked off the track are you done with the drags for a while or do you have a way around that? Anyway man Im happy for you and your new times, great job!

Ed, I was thinking your car should see 10s with that 206/206 in the combo now with that right convertor. Low boost running those times makes the perfect street car and Im glad youve found the right convertor. Without the snake and a good 60' and your there without a doubt. So now that youve been kicked off the track are you done with the drags for a while or do you have a way around that? Anyway man Im happy for you and your new times, great job!

I am not putting a cage in my my car..period. I only have 33,000 on the clock and it is in almost showroom condition. Well...low 11 second showroom condition.:rolleyes: I wont be at the track in the future with this TR. Not to say I wont get another to go all out with. The mods on this car are easily removed to go back to stock if need be.

I was just content to see the open header, slick running, big block, noise making, race gas running, trailored race cars running 11.4- 11.60s' and I was spanking them with A/C and pump gas.:)

"11.20@118 mph 1.71 sixty foot(leaving at 0 boost)" WOW :eek:

Dusty thanks for all your hard work!

"11.20@118 mph 1.71 sixty foot(leaving at 0 boost)" WOW :eek:

Dusty thanks for all your hard work!

Yeah Dusty has it nailed alright. I left on 2900 rpms and the boost gauge hadnt moved yet. That converter spooled me up to full boost REAL quick once I left the line.