12.9 1/4 street pass LOG!

TireFryer

The New Kid
Finally hooked up the alky today and got it working. Turned the boost up and went for a rip. The mph is off by a good amount so don't pay attention to it. How does everything look? I have it pig fat I know, but for testing I wanted that. 26 psi is a lot of fun in a street car.. It spun of course and I didn't floor it until halfway through second gear. I had the converter lock at 95 mph. Take a look and I'd love feedback. Mods in my signature.

Attachments

• rip1-lu.dat
    950.5 KB · Views: 71
Here’s a video of the same run in the powerlogger file. Don’t get on me too hard for bad driving…

That’s not the actual voltage. People have pointed that out before. It’s over 13 idling. Checked with a multimeter. Is 12.5 not enough?
No, should be near 14 at idle and WOT.

I ran race gas so I was able to use Caspers volt booster. 16.1 at WOT.

I would say have it tested first if possible to make sure something else isn't going on like a wiring/ground issue.
Is there anything specific for these? Can it be tested on the car or do I need to take it to get tested somewhere

Is there anything specific for these? Can it be tested on the car or do I need to take it to get tested somewhere
Auto parts store can test; noting exotic about our alternators. If you replace make sure to use your pully because the ones from the parts store are the wrong size. If you rebuild even better :)

Floor mat mod? If you had it pegged for as long as it looks like you did, the TPS is pretty low @ 3.77. Should be 4.6 - 4.62 at WOT. Your BLMs are in the high 150s too and you have a good amount of WOT fuel added in the chip.

Nice clean run though. No Kr.

Floor mat mod? If you had it pegged for as long as it looks like you did, the TPS is pretty low @ 3.77. Should be 4.6 - 4.62 at WOT. Your BLMs are in the high 150s too and you have a good amount of WOT fuel added in the chip.

Nice clean run though. No Kr.
I wasn’t pushing on the pedal very hard lol. I may need to do the floor mat mod. How do I fix the BLM’s? Probably because the voltage is low so the pump isn’t flowing enough? Pressure doesn’t drop at all but maybe it’s not flowing enough.

Get some sticky tires, take it to the Track, and send it.
Lock it up at 77 mph in 3rd.
If it finishes at 112-117 mph you should be in the 11's with a 1.7 or better 60 ft. at 26 psi.
PS: The early 1980's wants their glasses back. ;) :p o_O
Nice car need to see the outside since it's a WH1. :cool:
s-l1600.png

I drive it. It’s not a trailer princess. Wh1 or not. Just have a couple kinks to work out. I’m using some tax return money to get some et streets.

I wasn’t pushing on the pedal very hard lol. I may need to do the floor mat mod. How do I fix the BLM’s? Probably because the voltage is low so the pump isn’t flowing enough? Pressure doesn’t drop at all but maybe it’s not flowing enough.
I just assumed you had the pedal mashed because TPS didn't budge from 3.77v the entire time you were in it.

I think you should address the volts first. I did some searching but can't find anything regarding whether your 12.x volts would adversely affect the fuel pump / TPS . I've gone through a good amount of my logs and my volts range anywhere from 13.2 - 13.6v.

How are you monitoring fuel pressure?

You said you just hooked up the alky. What is the knob setting? Have you verified it's flowing properly? If you have a previous log at a boost level at or above 18lbs, what were the BLMs? I'll ask others....at 26lbs and other things in the combo, would dual nozzle be recommended?

I just assumed you had the pedal mashed because TPS didn't budge from 3.77v the entire time you were in it.

I think you should address the volts first. I did some searching but can't find anything regarding whether your 12.x volts would adversely affect the fuel pump / TPS . I've gone through a good amount of my logs and my volts range anywhere from 13.2 - 13.6v.

How are you monitoring fuel pressure?

You said you just hooked up the alky. What is the knob setting? Have you verified it's flowing properly? If you have a previous log at a boost level at or above 18lbs, what were the BLMs? I'll ask others....at 26lbs and other things in the combo, would dual nozzle be recommended?
I had it pressed, but i just put new carpet in the car so i really need to smash it to get wot. I set the tps the other day and it was 4.5x. I'll address the voltage and go from there. I have a mechanical FP hood mounted gauge, hooked right up to the fuel rail. Knob setting is at 6, light turns green quickly. It's the new pump system with the pressure switch in the feed line going to the nozzle. Haven't verified but I can't find a alky tester thing anywhere. I assume single nozzle is fine as i was only running 17* timing in high hear and there wasn't a hint of knock...?

Here you go.