Ebay finds.

The turbo intake is aluminum and it's the early one as well so you can still get a water outlet at least.

Charlie that Edelbrock Blower intake is SWEET!!! .....but it's for a stage engine unfortunately. (hmm I wonder if I could put it on my L67) Still a super buy at that price even to just sit on a shelf or table.

And this (SMACK up side the head) is for "Carlos" Edelbrock is trademarking the word "Performer" for their line of dual plane Intake manifolds. That word when associated with Edelbrock especially, Has nothing to do with a STAGE engine. Put that in your head as learned info.

Well I did find a blower intake for a stock block but I aint giving it up yet.

As far as the intake, it's about average. It would work for you. On the carb it's WAY over priced.

Charlie that Edelbrock Blower intake is SWEET!!! .....but it's for a stage engine unfortunately. (hmm I wonder if I could put it on my L67) Still a super buy at that price even to just sit on a shelf or table.

And this (SMACK up side the head) is for "Carlos" Edelbrock is trademarking the word "Performer" for their line of dual plane Intake manifolds. That word when associated with Edelbrock especially, Has nothing to do with a STAGE engine. Put that in your head as learned info.

thats too funny.... you sound like my mom... :biggrin:

Well I did find a blower intake for a stock block but I aint giving it up yet.

As far as the intake, it's about average. It would work for you. On the carb it's WAY over priced.

About average? haha damn...I may still grab it as long it's better than stock.

The turbo intake is aluminum and it's the early one as well so you can still get a water outlet at least.

It has a knock sensor hole on the thermostat housing, so it's cast iron painted silver. The 1980 aluminum intake wouldn't have a hole.

1980 is aluminum and a good choice for a non-ECM car (assuming the block has a knock sensor hole).
1981 is also aluminum, has ECM sensors and the last year for coolant heat to the plenum (82/83 use EGR heat). My preferance.

Well I did ask the guy and he said it was aluminum Rich. If we could put the 83 intake with the 80 outlet then we could at least get new thermostat housings.

It is hard to mistake cast iron for aluminum....

The casting number listed in the auction, 25504240, is for a 1980. I have one in my basement. But there is no knock sensor hole like the one in the picture. Not even a place to drill one. They look very different above the thermostat housing, but it is still vertical like the 78/79.

A knock sensor won't work in aluminum and was moved to the block for 1980.

At $350, the seller will get to hold on to it for a while.