Dyno test results when injecting 100% methanol 50/50 water/meth mix 80/20 etc.

I'm running a meth on my h air 84 because of not having an inter cooler I was told it was a good idea

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

How many miles have been driven on a draw through system? Draw through systems have been around since the 1920's and never had major issues with damage to the compressor wheels due to fuel. Draw through is basically the same as injecting in front of the compressor and they've been used on planes, boats, and cars, for almost a century. If there was a major issue don't you think it might have been documented in an engineering paper or manual?

I'm thinking they're different turbos, and different water. Maybe their impellers are some sort of super metal, and they're using distilled water. Who knows. All I know is I've seen many pictures of impellers after water injection, and they were all wore out.

I'm thinking they're different turbos, and different water. Maybe their impellers are some sort of super metal, and they're using distilled water. Who knows. All I know is I've seen many pictures of impellers after water injection, and they were all wore out.

That's because the fluid wasn't properly atomized. If fuel or water/alky isn't atomized it leaves large drops and that can cause wear. If it's done right then it won't cause the same issue.

I definitely don't disbelieve you but, if there were such huge gains to be had, why isn't everyone under the sun doing it? I mean, a pump, nozzle, a bit of wiring and a .99 cent gallon of distilled water and bam, double the output... Not seeing it. Grab a bottle of water then grab a bottle of denatured alcohol or meth and feel the difference in the surface temp of its container. Better yet dip your hand in water then dip your hand in one of the latter, see which feels cooler, faster. I fail to see how water beats out meth. Meth cools and can be used as octane. Water can not.

I definitely don't disbelieve you but, if there were such huge gains to be had, why isn't everyone under the sun doing it? I mean, a pump, nozzle, a bit of wiring and a .99 cent gallon of distilled water and bam, double the output... Not seeing it. Grab a bottle of water then grab a bottle of denatured alcohol or meth and feel the difference in the surface temp of its container. Better yet dip your hand in water then dip your hand in one of the latter, see which feels cooler, faster. I fail to see how water beats out meth. Meth cools and can be used as octane. Water can not.

If it's a HA then it's feasible, but if using an intercooler then the mix can and most likely will, drop out. The TB cars are one of the few that aren't doing it. Do some research like I did some time ago. Even the big guys said it's better, and I'm talking about Smoky Yunik as well as others. What all of them said is it's more effective and needs to be sprayed 12" in front of the turbo to get the best atomization.

And what about worn out impeller blades? That scares me.

Never saw a mention of it. If you'd like to research it some more go to speedtalk and ENG-TIPS forum and do some searching. ENG-TIPS has a ton of info on turbocharging and it's got people from hot rodders to doctorates that are willing to post info and answer questions. It may be a little more technical than you want but you can find more info than you'll even believe on all types of engineering questions.;)

I have it on my84 and no issues meth is deff. Way better then water, I tried them both and I have run many math kits on my diesel and put thousands of trouble free miles on

Sent from my XT901 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Never saw a mention of it. If you'd like to research it some more go to speedtalk and ENG-TIPS forum and do some searching. ENG-TIPS has a ton of info on turbocharging and it's got people from hot rodders to doctorates that are willing to post info and answer questions. It may be a little more technical than you want but you can find more info than you'll even believe on all types of engineering questions.;)

Oh no. The more technical the better. I love talking to people with Doctorates, they're a good source of knowledge.

Oh no. The more technical the better. I love talking to people with Doctorates, they're a good source of knowledge.

Join ENG-TIPS then. It's not automotive based but all kinds of engineering. You will have to decide which section you want to view since it's got just about anything you can imagine. In the automotive section it has internal engine, suspension, chassis, electronics, and a few sections I don't subscribe to. Once you start reading it will become addicting to some degree. Make sure you go to the user controls so when you post you'll get notifications, otherwise you won't know if someone else replies.

What's the consensus on water cooled center section turbos?? Seems like a reasonable way to help in several ways. Pulling water off the hoses designated to the throttle body seems easiest. Thoughts please??

Well that is way off topic but the water cooled turbos cool ball bearing turbos with engine coolant. There are various places to tap into the coolant system. Many of the new bb turbos are not using water cooling. It has nothing to do with injecting water or meth into the intake air stream.