Dyno Day -- Stock unopened w/ GT6776dbb & 20 psi

BMF_Racing

ONE B.M.F.
Well to start off The motor is a unopened 109 with a set of club valve springs. The other mods that are not stock and matter are:

6776 dbb, ESP FMIC, 60# inj, Alky Injec 490ml nozzel, MAFT Pro w/LM-1, 62mm TB, 62mm Hemco, 3" THDP, Red Arm. pump/hot wired, e-cutout at end of DP (open). --- Everything else is stock.

Well after doing alittle tuning on the car on the way to the dyno (Wicked Women of the 1/4 mile Dyno Day @Cincy Speed) this morning, we came up with the following conservitive tune (still stock trans/convertor).

Boost : 20 psi
Timing : 21.5 degrees
Fuel : 110 race w/lots of akly
WB AFR : 11.5 to 11.7

Here's Lacey's graph of the 20 psi run.
:)
87T-TYPE67mm20psi.jpg

So are these hp/tq #'s in-line for the mods listed, for those of you that have seen the 6776 on the dyno?
:confused:

Thanks,
Brad

I have seen dyno numbers all over the place. Different dynos seem to have different readings.

Go do a pass down the 1/4 and post up the numbers. :p

Question about the use of fuel?

I read that Alky was equivalent to 110 octane. If thats true, what was the reason for spraying alcohol on top of 110 octane? I cant see a 60 lb injector being maxed out at that hp level. Ur thoughts please as I'm starting to think I was wrong in my thinking.

I read that Alky was equivalent to 110 octane. If thats true, what was the reason for spraying alcohol on top of 110 octane? I cant see a 60 lb injector being maxed out at that hp level. Ur thoughts please as I'm starting to think I was wrong in my thinking.

Alky does a number of things: One is cooling the compressed air - in some cases a +50 degrees F drop. Another is the added fuel & higher octane of the alky.

Well to start off The motor is a unopened 109 with a set of club valve springs. The other mods that are not stock and matter are:

6776 dbb, ESP FMIC, 60# inj, Alky Injec 490ml nozzel, MAFT Pro w/LM-1, 62mm TB, 62mm Hemco, 3" THDP, Red Arm. pump/hot wired, e-cutout at end of DP (open). --- Everything else is stock.

Well after doing alittle tuning on the car on the way to the dyno (Wicked Women of the 1/4 mile Dyno Day @Cincy Speed) this morning, we came up with the following conservitive tune (still stock trans/convertor).

Boost : 20 psi
Timing : 21.5 degrees
Fuel : 110 race w/lots of akly
WB AFR : 11.5 to 11.7

Here's Lacey's graph of the 20 psi run.
:)
87T-TYPE67mm20psi.jpg

So are these hp/tq #'s in-line for the mods listed, for those of you that have seen the 6776 on the dyno?
:confused:

Thanks,
Brad

i think you would make more hp on 93 and alky versus 110 and alky at that level of tune i think with the race gas you would get a slower burn rather than a fast burn. race gas has a slower flash point than pump gas hence slowing down detonation

Looks pretty respectable to me. That's about 100hp more than my TA49 powered car.

i think you would make more hp on 93 and alky versus 110 and alky at that level of tune i think with the race gas you would get a slower burn rather than a fast burn. race gas has a slower flash point than pump gas hence slowing down detonation

well being it was only the second time we had a chance to tune or even drive I wanted to be safe and eliminate any chance of knock, hense alky big fmic and 110. the norm will be a 93 alky mix.

So why did you stop at 20?? There are a lot of guys running 25-26lbs...:biggrin:

I know the 25 to 26 psi area is the sweet spot, but not sure the stock 90k mile trans/convertor would like that, so thats why 20 psi was used, I wanted to be able to drive it home.:cool:

Lonnie is working on a stage 2 with t-brake now and will raise boost as desired then.

At what WHP or WTQ to the main caps crack on a stock engine, assuming 0 knock?

Run the car at the track and report back with the numbers. :p

Lacey wants to make at least two weekends in at the track before the Nationals so I post some #'s when we get a chance to run the car, of course after installing the new trans from Lonnie @ Extreme Automatics.

Its kind of pointless to run the car right now. I think the stock trans has started its downhill jouney to be replaced. On the dyno pull above, we were at 13.7% slippage based on TCI's slippage convertor.

Get some injectors ( pump if needed )and put some E-85 in it and see what happens :D

Only IMHO, for what we do with this car, it would not be worth the time, money, or hassle to find a E85 station (not easily available for me) to convert from 93 octane and alky (not broken, so why fix). Good luck to those who do go this route, just not for us.:cool:

well being it was only the second time we had a chance to tune or even drive I wanted to be safe and eliminate any chance of knock, hense alky big fmic and 110. the norm will be a 93 alky mix.

understood!!! who wants detonation. With the timing and boost level so low i think that 400+ horsepower is awesome. that probably could have been done on pump gas but i am sure it would have been on the ragged edge of detonation.

Lacey wants to make at least two weekends in at the track before the Nationals so I post some #'s when we get a chance to run the car, of course after installing the new trans from Lonnie @ Extreme Automatics.

Its kind of pointless to run the car right now. I think the stock trans has started its downhill jouney to be replaced. On the dyno pull above, we were at 13.7% slippage based on TCI's slippage convertor.

Gotcha. Post back whenever you get a chance to get out to the track. :cool:

I know the 25 to 26 psi area is the sweet spot, but not sure the stock 90k mile trans/convertor would like that, so thats why 20 psi was used, I wanted to be able to drive it home.:cool:

Lonnie is working on a stage 2 with t-brake now and will raise boost as desired then.

At what WHP or WTQ to the main caps crack on a stock engine, assuming 0 knock?

I want to say roughly 550-575 FwHP, but dont quote me on that. So how does the thing spool with the stock converter?? I have the stock converter and never even dreamed of putting a turbo that big on my car...

Nice numbers.

I plan on running my race setup with 110 and alky to be super safe so +1 here.

If you want to not brake parts, tune for 0 knock, and with alky and 110 you won't get it with wideband readings around 11.7.

Damn, with more boost, timing and a Precision 5 disc locked giving you 0% slippage you'll have over 600TQ to the wheels.

I like the peak TQ at 4k, see ya later ricers. :cool:

I want to say roughly 550-575 FwHP, but dont quote me on that. So how does the thing spool with the stock converter?? I have the stock converter and never even dreamed of putting a turbo that big on my car...

Well, we had planned on changing the trans and convertor when we installed the turbo & FMIC so the lag wasn't too much of a concern because it was only temp.

Well it is more lag than desirable, but less than I expected. Once it builds 5 psi (~3300rpm) it is at 20 psi (~3500 rpm if memory serves me correct? may be lower) in no time at all, guessing like .5 to .6 of a second. I get partial throttle boost going up hills with hardly any throttle % at all, so this thing spools quicker than you'd think. I know its not saying much, but even with as far mismatched the 67mm turbo is for stock stall, it still spools much faster than 90% of turbo'd Hondas I've driven.:rolleyes:

But honestly it has been a good traction control devise, while Lacey gets used to the new found power. :biggrin: