New Dyno numbers for the TTA !!!

Scott89TTA

I dyno'd mine close to stock TTA back in 2006...3" MAF pipe w/K&N...later found out the cat was gutted, needed new plug wires and valve springs were shot. Boost was set to ~17 lbs if I recall...made 229hp 324 ft lb...was dead over 3600rpm.

Went to a MAGNA meet at Anderson's this past Sunday and made some pulls. This dyno is the 1st after new mods (see sig) from last Summer and recent head gasket replacement. On my 1st pull it made ~330hp @ 20-21 lb boost and was real fat...off the chart on A/F. We turned down the fuel pressure some and made another 8hp or so...then opted to take ~10% out in the chip...128 down to 116, jumped up to around 350hp...still real fat. Turned the boost up to 22lb and took 1/2 turn out of the AFPR...5th and final pull 368.22 HP / 389.24 Ft LB. Would like to know where it was at 24-25lbs but was being a little cautious since I just got it back together after the blown head gasket this past spring. With it leaned out she feels pretty darn good right now...time for a few passes to see if Billy's prediction of mid 11's @ ~118-120 is good...that would be awesome :cool:

Gained 139hp and 65ft torque since my 1st dyno/after new mods (turbo, injectors, fuel pump, & Alky) :biggrin:

Can't wait to get the roller cam and heads done...later on.

I just installed my PowerLogger and upgraded my Scanmaster Saturday...was hoping somebody knew how to use them but no such luck. I thought I recorded the pulls but doesn't look like it was configured correctly...or I'm just not looking at it the right way :redface:

Here's my best Dyno pull...22 psi.

Attachments

• TTA Dyno 9-27-09 (1024x768).jpg
    TTA Dyno 9-27-09 (1024x768).jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 373
  • DSC04944.jpg
    DSC04944.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 372
Nice numbers Scott!

@370 to the wheels, I'm going to guess low 12's somewhere - just my 2 cents!

good luck!

You need 450 to get 118 in the 1/4

But careful not to lean it out on the dyno and the car runs really lean going down the track and pops a gasket.

Fat is good.. just lean it out when on the correct conditions, not on a dyno. And work on tuning from there.

370 is not bad.. you have to start somewhere ;)

Awesome Scott! Car looks great. I bet you got dirty strapping the car up on the dyno. The TTA is a bioch to get the straps under. I just had mine on the dyno last Tuesday and I was rollin around on the floor like that too.:biggrin: When do you plan on running it next. Cecil is only a couple weeks away. That's a great place to find out info on the data logger. I'm sure there are guys there using it.

yeah...I here ya...definitely a pita to strap down. Cecil is in my plans, I would hope somebody can help me out with the DL. Are you going both days?

As for the numbers...already went 12.3 @ 114 with a crapy 60ft. and on a bad tune...running out of fuel with a stock pump. New walbro in and now car made at least 40 more HP from where I was then. Lots of cars running in the 11's with similar or even less mods going ~114. With a good 60ft and no fuel issues should have run a high 11 with a couple more mph. Will have to see when I get it on the track in a couple weeks.

Thanks for all the comments!

yeah...I here ya...definitely a pita to strap down. Cecil is in my plans, I would hope somebody can help me out with the DL. Are you going both days?

As for the numbers...already went 12.3 @ 114 with a crapy 60ft. and on a bad tune...running out of fuel with a stock pump. New walbro in and now car made at least 40 more HP from where I was then. Lots of cars running in the 11's with similar or even less mods going ~114. With a good 60ft and no fuel issues should have run a high 11 with a couple more mph. Will have to see when I get it on the track in a couple weeks.

Thanks for all the comments!

Hey Scott, I helped you out with the scanmaster to take that fuel out. I have a question for you man, when you ran that 12.3, what kinda tires where you using? And read up on how to use that powerlogger, im sure it will help. Good point to leave it slightly fat since the street tends to load the car a bit more. Let me know when youre going to the track , 786 512 7296

Alvaro

Hey Scott, I helped you out with the scanmaster to take that fuel out. I have a question for you man, when you ran that 12.3, what kinda tires where you using? And read up on how to use that powerlogger, im sure it will help. Good point to leave it slightly fat since the street tends to load the car a bit more. Let me know when youre going to the track , 786 512 7296

Alvaro

Hey Alvaro,

Thanks for the help...now I wish I would have turned it up to 24lb...and yeah I need to learn how to use the PowerLogger for sure !

M/T DR's...the ones on the car. Traction wasn't the problem...it was my 1st time using a Pro Tree...I had no clue, plus the light wasn't working consistently. I would stage, try and build boost then the light wouldn't go off so I would let off to avoid burning up my trans and then the light would go off :mad: Stomp on the pedal and leave with no boost off the line...there's your piss poor 60ft. Never got a chance to try the trans brake before I blew the head gasket...probably a good thing considering my luck that day.

Planning on going to Cecil on 17th if all goes well.

Amen to that one, and I was only helping!!!! :D Congrats on your new tune Scott!!!

Thanks again Doug for all your help :cool:

Man you should be in 11's for sure...

I have pretty much the same mods and I could not get out of the 12's for ever and then I got good at leaving the line with some boost and now I am always mid 11's. That and I got a Jim Dunn Intercooler.

Good luck man.

Jarred.

Congrats on your dyno pulls. Glad to see your up and running. Next time you get in the staging lanes run your on race if your trying to put down times. Don't leave until your ready.

Congrats on your dyno pulls. Glad to see your up and running. Next time you get in the staging lanes run your on race if your trying to put down times. Don't leave until your ready.

Yeah...I should have a Test & Tune date coming up in a couple weeks, will do that.

Kind of confused with my dyno numbers based on my track time last Spring...12.3 @ 114, according to several performance calculators I should be making over 400hp for a car that is around 3600 lbs with me in it based on mph. With a good 60ft 114 mph should net around 11.9 et...but mph should go up a little as well as a little quicker et? Several people there for the dyno thought I should have been 400hp or better? Any idea how much more power 24 or 25 psi will make over 22 psi ? I was running around 24 psi when the car went 12.3 @ 114...dyno was 22 psi.

Yeah...I should have a Test & Tune date coming up in a couple weeks, will do that.

Kind of confused with my dyno numbers based on my track time last Spring...12.3 @ 114, according to several performance calculators I should be making over 400hp for a car that is around 3600 lbs with me in it based on mph. With a good 60ft 114 mph should net around 11.9 et...but mph should go up a little as well as a little quicker et? Several people there for the dyno thought I should have been 400hp or better? Any idea how much more power 24 or 25 psi will make over 22 psi ? I was running around 24 psi when the car went 12.3 @ 114...dyno was 22 psi.

As I said before Scott - and I wasn't trying to downplay your numbers - I was just saying that in order to run say 11.80's @ 3600-ish on the weight, it takes about 440 to the wheels.

That's all - I was just trying to help.

Good luck! Let us know how she runs!

As I said before Scott - and I wasn't trying to downplay your numbers - I was just saying that in order to run say 11.80's @ 3600-ish on the weight, it takes about 440 to the wheels.

That's all - I was just trying to help.

Good luck! Let us know how she runs!

Yeah...no problem...understood :cool:

Here are my PowerLogger files from the last 3 pulls...let me know what you think? Going to invest in a Wide Band O2 as soon as I figure out which one to get. Confused on the Boost readings...wtf 37 ? My upgraded Scanmaster now reads off the the Powerlogger which is hooked up to the MAP and it is spot on with my AutoMeter Boost/VAC gauge @ 22 psi. ?

Attachments

• PLdyno9-27-09.zip
    46.1 KB · Views: 42
Scott,

Others should chime in, but on my other turbo nissan, each PSI of boost was worth about 10-15 additional horses.