Don't get caught on the street with your GNX!

in Arizona we have the cameras about every 5 miles on the highways. Then in between those they put the portable vans to get more pictures. It does get ridiculous on the way home, I will pass 4 cameras and at least two portables(40 miles).

The fine varies depending on what county you are in. There is no points and I do not believe if you received it on the highway you can even go to driving school. It is a revenue machine...:)

The key is not make sure you have a good shredder at home to put those tickets in as you get them! Here, as long as there not criminal(21mph over limit or anything over 85) they never serve them or send them certified mail. A statistic came out a few months ago that now less than 50% of photo tickets are ever paid. hence why they just went up 20 or so dollars.

Tell ya what. A cop here in detroit, can tell you you were street racing, if he wants to. If he does, you're SCREWED. Trust me..

People say that this won't cost jobs...I say bull...DPS(Highway Patrol in Arizona) is talking about laying off 150 police officers in June. Replacing real jobs with civilians who sit in a van and offer no motorist assistance.

Maybe Some IDIOTS do deserve to have thier cars taken Away!

ESPECIALLY the RICER crowd who weave in & out of traffic.
If your on a LONE road & chirp your tires I can't see that as taking your car away.

(I am around all day I would love to be a PD OFFICER)
I would Racial Profile, I would teenage profile, I would stop big BREASTED women, I would stop SCUM!

People say that this won't cost jobs...I say bull...DPS(Highway Patrol in Arizona) is talking about laying off 150 police officers in June. Replacing real jobs with civilians who sit in a van and offer no motorist assistance.

Or assurance, or emergency preparedness. Just cheap scab labor where trained enforcement personnel should be. Better start writing your legislature. Public safety is the job of LEO, not revenue generation. If they can't generate the revenue levels they want, other areas should Definitely be cut before real law enforcement suffers.

Bet a lawyer would have a field day with this if somebody choose to fight a ticket. Red and yellow can't mean the same thing. I remember yellow being explained to us as 'clear the intersection as safely as possible' from drivers ed. Indiana defines it as "A yellow light means slow. If you are facing a yellow light, your right-of-way is ending.". You still have the right-of-way though.
Wrong. A "FLASHING" yellow means slow down and use caution. A yellow traffic light means STOP.

I checked with that guy and he said it was for speed. Came in mail 6wks later. $100, no points if waivered.
Don't be confused by that. Insurance companies pay fees to DMV to have access to ur motor vehicle records. You may not get a point on ur license if you pay it but ur insurance is still subject to go up. That's all that really matters.

Points really don't mean chit unless your getten stopped weekly and approaching 10 points which will suspend ur license in most states and require you to attend driver re-training.

Every state is different as far as points but insurance access is standard.

Wrong. A "FLASHING" yellow means slow down and use caution. A yellow traffic light means STOP.

Actually, your assumption would be wrong in Indiana. Blinking yellow basically means the same as solid yellow, and it definately does not say stop. Check the state code if you don't believe it. I do believe it its interpreted differently in other states though.

No pun intended Brett or Gary!.........but they give way too much power to police officers. We get to go to court becuase of blipping the throttle at 20-30 miles an a 55mph road. This raod is extremely rural. No speeding, no tire chirping, no nothing, just checking throttle response that were having problems with. Cop wanted to take my buddy to jail and impound his GN. Ended up giving him a careless driving ticket in my parents driveway. The cop is my parents neighbor that just moved in a year ago. He is a Davenport cop and this was in a small town 35 minutes out of Davenport. The guy was in his yellow sweatpants. He drove down my parents lane fast around the corner to make burnout marks while kids were out playing in the front yard. He then literally cussed Austin out in front of his son and all of the neighborhood kids. The spot Austin blipped the throttle was in front of this guys house so he was pissed. If he wasnt a cop, my dad and I would have both knocked this doosh out.

Actually, your assumption would be wrong in Indiana. Blinking yellow basically means the same as solid yellow, and it definately does not say stop. Check the state code if you don't believe it. I do believe it its interpreted differently in other states though.
Ask urself this.... What would happem if a cop was directly behind you and you blew the yellow light just before it tuned red? What would the cop charge you with? Failure to obey a yellow light? Never heard of such a statute in any state. You would be charged with failure to obey the state controlled traffic signal.

Failure to SLOW down for a blinking yellow is very different because at no time are you required to actually STOP immediately there after. You are simply required to use caution while passing thru a blinking yellow. Meaning, slow down, not stop.

No pun intended Brett or Gary!.........but they give way too much power to police officers. We get to go to court becuase of blipping the throttle at 20-30 miles an a 55mph road. This raod is extremely rural. No speeding, no tire chirping, no nothing, just checking throttle response that were having problems with. Cop wanted to take my buddy to jail and impound his GN. Ended up giving him a careless driving ticket in my parents driveway. The cop is my parents neighbor that just moved in a year ago. He is a Davenport cop and this was in a small town 35 minutes out of Davenport. The guy was in his yellow sweatpants. He drove down my parents lane fast around the corner to make burnout marks while kids were out playing in the front yard. He then literally cussed Austin out in front of his son and all of the neighborhood kids. The spot Austin blipped the throttle was in front of this guys house so he was pissed. If he wasnt a cop, my dad and I would have both knocked this doosh out.
Like I said earlier. Every profession has their 10% ers... You apparently ran into one of them that particular night.

Cops do have a lot of power and it is abused often I agree.

Ask urself this.... What would happem if a cop was directly behind you and you blew the yellow light just before it tuned red? What would the cop charge you with? Failure to obey a yellow light? Never heard of such a statute in any state. You would be charged with failure to obey the state controlled traffic signal.

Failure to SLOW down for a blinking yellow is very different because at no time are you required to actually STOP immediately there after. You are simply required to use caution while passing thru a blinking yellow. Meaning, slow down, not stop.

I can tell you from observation that lights with blinking yellows are not very common in this state. I don't know why, maybe the code is worded that way to keep things simple or maybe we're behind the times again!

However, everybody here treats a solid yellow as a 'clear the intersection' condition, and tickets are seldom issued unless you are in the intersection when the light turns red for several seconds. Your definition of blinking yellow is the same as a solid yellow light in our state.

As for what I would do...I would continue on through the intersection safely weather or not a cop was behind me. Bet he wouldn't like it if I slammed on my brakes....lol

Your state law is written the same as most state codes around the country. Here is your state law for flashing red and yellow lights:

IC 9-21-3-8
Red or yellow flashing signals
Sec. 8. (a) This section does not apply at railroad grade crossings.
(b) Whenever an illuminated flashing red or yellow light is used in a traffic signal or with a traffic sign, vehicular traffic shall obey the signal in the following manner:
(1) Flashing red (stop signal) means the following:
(A) When a red lens is illuminated by rapid intermittent flashes, a person who drives a vehicle shall stop at a clearly marked stop line before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection.
(B) If no line exists, the person shall stop at the point nearest the intersecting roadway where the person has a view of approaching traffic on the intersecting roadway before entering the roadway.
(C) The right to proceed is subject to the rules applicable after making a stop at a stop sign.
(2) Flashing yellow (caution signal) means that when a yellow lens is illuminated with rapid intermittent flashes, a person who drives a vehicle may proceed through the intersection or past the signal only with caution.

A solid yellow is written as follows:
IC 9-21-3-7
Signals exhibiting colored lights; requirements; explanation of colors
(2) Steady yellow indication means the following:
(A) Vehicular traffic facing a steady circular yellow or yellow arrow signal is warned that the related green movement is being terminated and that a red indication will be exhibited immediately thereafter.

A solid yellow is written as follows:
IC 9-21-3-7
Signals exhibiting colored lights; requirements; explanation of colors
(2) Steady yellow indication means the following:
(A) Vehicular traffic facing a steady circular yellow or yellow arrow signal is warned that the related green movement is being terminated and that a red indication will be exhibited immediately thereafter.

Nowhere in that verbage does it say stop for a steady yellow. The driver still has the right-of-way and can proceed through the intersection legally, it does not mean the same as a steady red:

IC 9-21-3-7
(3) Steady red indication means the following:
(B), vehicular traffic facing a steady circular red signal alone shall stop at a clearly marked stop line.

I understand the IC verbage is different for the (2) conditions, but they basically have same meaning to drivers, only the solid state is warning the driver the time is about up. Like I said, most towns/cities only have a steady state yellow signal, so you can't really treat a solid yellow like a stop anyhow in that situation, unless the cop sees a major violation.

I'm just looking at the definitions, how the laws are enforced could be a different subject.

Oh, really?

A yellow traffic light means STOP.

"You cannot be serious!" - John McEnroe

How many "Running a Yellow Light" traffic tickets have you written?
How much was the fine imposed?
I suppose the Judge went right along with this?
Can you please quote the State Statute on this.
Please change your job title from Police Officer to Revenue Collection Agent. (Truth in Advertising)

(waiting for the "Street Lawyer" comment)

Ohio has to be the most gestapo state in America! First the speed cameras at Newark, OH (no more the BPG event for us) and now this! WTF are you buckeyes thinking!

I can tell ya what they are not thinking about............A BCS Championship ;)

"You cannot be serious!" - John McEnroe

How many "Running a Yellow Light" traffic tickets have you written?
How much was the fine imposed?
I suppose the Judge went right along with this?
Can you please quote the State Statute on this.
Please change your job title from Police Officer to Revenue Collection Agent. (Truth in Advertising)

(waiting for the "Street Lawyer" comment)
Oh ur not smart enough to even be considered a street lawyer. From ur post it would be difficult for me to even give you that title.....:rolleyes:

How many running yellow light tickets have I written? Probably a couple hundred or so. The judge doesn't go along with anything. The judge does not write the statutes. The state legislature does. The police simply enforce those statutes as they do in every state. How many tickets have you written?:confused: The fine is the same as running a red light. $114.00

The only revenue my city collects is on parking tags. State infractions go to the state. I don't work for the state.

Here ya go wannabe street lawyer.....:eek: Sec. 14-299. Traffic control signals. 2) Yellow: Vehicular traffic facing a steady yellow signal is thereby warned that the related green movement is being terminated or that a red indication will be exhibited immediately thereafter, when vehicular traffic shall stop before entering the intersection unless so close to the intersection that a stop cannot be made in safety; pedestrians facing a steady yellow signal, except when directed by separate pedestrian-control signals, are thereby advised that there is insufficient time to cross the roadway before a red indication is shown and no pedestrian shall then start to cross the roadway.

So speeding up to get thru the yellow light is the same violation as eating the red light. It's actually common sense since the light is turning red immediately thereafter. Common sense you obviously lack.

Every state is gonna word it differently but the end result is the same. If ur directly under the light when it turns yellow then COMMON sense would dictate that you proceed thru the yellow light if the stop cannot be made safely. Otherwise you have to STOP.

So educate urself before you shoot ur mouth off next time and look like a complete idiot.:rolleyes:

The way it is enforced in Arizona is the same as GNBRETT is saying. If you can proceed through the intersection without accelerating AND be in the intersection(the intersection is the extension of the curb lines not the crosswalk here) before the the light is red then you are good.

Oh ur not smart enough to even be considered a street lawyer. From ur post it would be difficult for me to even give you that title.....:rolleyes:

How many running yellow light tickets have I written? Probably a couple hundred or so. The judge doesn't go along with anything. The judge does not write the statutes. The state legislature does. The police simply enforce those statutes as they do in every state. How many tickets have you written?:confused: The fine is the same as running a red light. $114.00

The only revenue my city collects is on parking tags. State infractions go to the state. I don't work for the state.

Here ya go wannabe street lawyer.....:eek: Sec. 14-299. Traffic control signals. 2) Yellow: Vehicular traffic facing a steady yellow signal is thereby warned that the related green movement is being terminated or that a red indication will be exhibited immediately thereafter, when vehicular traffic shall stop before entering the intersection unless so close to the intersection that a stop cannot be made in safety; pedestrians facing a steady yellow signal, except when directed by separate pedestrian-control signals, are thereby advised that there is insufficient time to cross the roadway before a red indication is shown and no pedestrian shall then start to cross the roadway.

So speeding up to get thru the yellow light is the same violation as eating the red light. It's actually common sense since the light is turning red immediately thereafter. Common sense you obviously lack.

Every state is gonna word it differently but the end result is the same. If ur directly under the light when it turns yellow then COMMON sense would dictate that you proceed thru the yellow light if the stop cannot be made safely. Otherwise you have to STOP.

So educate urself before you shoot ur mouth off next time and look like a complete idiot.:rolleyes:

Should I assume that any of these jabs are directed at me? I hate to assume, and I'm not trying to make this personal.