GNX CLONE ON EBAY

Dennis Kirban

I got several emails from customers this past week inquiring about this GNX that was originally advertised on ebay as a GNX. (Later corrected to say clone)

I then got an actual phone call from the gentleman that owns it. He contacted me because he found out a bunch of the parts on the car came from my company. When I was talking to him I did not realize the car was actually currently on ebay.. During the conversation I said give me the last 6 digits of the car as their is a chance it may be one of my cars.

As it turned out it was. I sold the car to a customer in Arizona. The current seller lives I believe in Missouri and purchased it years ago. He was not trying to misrepresent the car. The buyer I sold it to probably did the modifications to make a clone/GNX. Car was a nice low mileage example I bought it out of NJ.

Naturally the current owner bought my information kit to verify the car so I assume he will make that readily available to the buyer if the car sells.

I not given any thought to the ones advertised on ebay. Most Turbo Regals advertised on ebay you can click on the auto check to track the ownership/title transfers. Any time you see Warminster, PA their is a real good chance it is one of my cars. Warminster, PA is where O Neil Buick/GMC is located and I had a salesman license. (The rare ones are very few titled in my personal name These would show up as Furlong, PA or Kintnersville). This car shows that. Also on ebay I think they require you to list the 17 digit VIN for the cars (earlier cars had less digits) example 13 digits as we do some door jamb decals for early Corvettes. We can easily tell you if it was one of our cars.

Some car dealers won''t let you click on auto check or car fax free whatever without paying so you would not see the cities and states it was previousily titled on. Keep in mind with the age of these cars now they can really jump around the US. This car in particular I bought in NJ sold to a guy in Arizona it is now in the mid west and who knows where it will go after that.,

The car has the high dollar correct looking GNX suspension which is worth a good deal of value. The rare ones are the T-Types and Turbo Ts that have that GNX suspension.....

Just thought I would share that with the forum. I plan to cover this in my weekly inner circle. Each week we are uniting customers with paperwork. This documentation is critical. One photo that you should request of you are considering a ebay Turbo Regal is to see photo of the two door jamb decals. You can learn a lot from that. First, that they are present! Second if the car has been repainted it will clearly be evident around those decals as those decals are on tamper proof paper. The other critical photo you should insist on is to see the SPID label on the inside trunk lid. We are fortunate that this became law I think with the 1984 models.

I know I never ever bought a turbo regal where that was missing. With my background it would have been hard for me to play dumb if I bought a Turbo Regal minus that label in the trunk. I do know of at least one incident where one of my cars was stolen years ago. Actually it was stolen from the parking lot at one of the Buick/Mustang races at Raceway Park. A black 1987 Turbo-T with factory astroroof.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hey Dennis did the current owner pay top dollar thinking it was a real gnx, and now is upset knowing that it isn't? Wasn't the standard TR dash a dead give away for him? Did he check the spid label? Or did he pay average TR money, thinking he got a steal? I think the eBay listing said he owned it 7 years or so. Hard to believe he never figured out what he had in 7 years. Especially since he is in the automotive business, running a scrap yard.