GNX #402 to be displayed in the Simeone Museum

TurboRegal84

Staff member
My GNX is museum bound! I was asked to display the car as part of the Muscle Car exhibit at the award winning Simeone Museum. It is fantastic that our cars are starting to be considered marques of performance just like some of the big blocks of the 60's and 70's! I will be posting photos as the car gets delivered and is on display! It will be the newest car in the exhibit.

Here is information from the museum.
The 1960s and 1970s were exciting times in Detroit. As their cars were winning on the race tracks around the world, the Big Three automotive manufacturers began producing a series of high-performance production cars for the street. Models like the Plymouth Superbird, the Olds H/O 455, AAR ‘Cuda and Shelby GT500KR delivered tire-smoking acceleration that matched full-blown racecars.
“American Muscle” is a tribute to this era. We’ll feature a range of cars illustrating the best of the breed from owners in the area. Plus we’ll have a selection of cars from LRA Enterprises in Bristol. We’ll also have models of “muscle cars” that came before (the Hudson Hornet) and after (the Buick GNX) this classic period.

Jeepers ! A GNX to be show cased in a museum ? I guess those Mustang boys are right ! These "Old Buicks" really are Dinosaurs !!! LOL ! Just Teasing ! Congratulations on owning 1 of the few and for allowing others to enjoy it. Bravo ! A job well done !

Congrats Herb! It is an awesome honor to be a part of that display.

I've seen the Simeone Collection on the Velocity Channel numerous times and have always wanted to visit his remarkable collection of race-bred cars.

Herb,

That's awesome news - congratulations to you for that special honor for your GNX! How long is this special display going to run?

Doug

Doug,

The exhibit will be open for display until mid July.

Today was move in day!

image-4086636658.jpg

The exhibit is currently open and the cars in it are all extremely desirable with each one being nicer than the next. Some of cars are an LS6 Chevelle, Camaros (incl COPO & Yenko), two Boss 429 Mustangs, AAR Cuda, Hurst Olds (455), Pontiac GTO, Superbird, and more! The GNX has a nice spot next to a Shelby GT500KR as pictured.

Attachments

• P1120957.JPG
    P1120957.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 138
  • P1120963.JPG
    P1120963.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 130
  • P1120981.JPG
    P1120981.JPG
    281.2 KB · Views: 138