GNX in Muscle Car Museum

gnX405

I decided to place the GNX into the Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN for others to enjoy. Here's a link to the museum:
Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum | muscle cars | gatlinburg muscle cars | pigeon forge muscle cars | sevierville muscle cars | car | gatlinburg car | pigeon forge car | sevierville car | high performance | gatlinburg high performance | pigeon forge hi

Special thanks to my father-in-law TurboDave, my wife TurboMichelle, mother-in-law Kathy, Ronnie Martin (rmar), good friend Dana, and Floyd Garrett for helping getting the car into the museum.

If you go to the museum, please mention your interest in seeing the GNX. Also, it you have any questions about it, shoot me a PM or email. I'd like to know what you think.

Here's a few shots of where it sits today:

Attachments

• GNX Museum Day 029c.jpg
    GNX Museum Day 029c.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,152
  • GNX Museum Day 035c.jpg
    GNX Museum Day 035c.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,142
A few more pics

Shots of the exterior:

Attachments

• 100_0626c.JPG
    100_0626c.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 2,197
  • 100_0629c.JPG
    100_0629c.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 2,100
  • GNX Museum Day 001c.jpg
    GNX Museum Day 001c.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 2,188
  • GNX Museum Day 007c.jpg
    GNX Museum Day 007c.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,089
More Pics.

Underhood shots:

Attachments

• GNX Museum Day 022c.jpg
    GNX Museum Day 022c.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 2,296
  • GNX Museum Day 023c.jpg
    GNX Museum Day 023c.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,067
  • GNX Museum Day 024c.jpg
    GNX Museum Day 024c.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,049
more shots

Undercarriage:

Attachments

• GNX Museum Day 013c.jpg
    GNX Museum Day 013c.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2,443
  • GNX Museum Day 011c.jpg
    GNX Museum Day 011c.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 2,021
  • GNX Museum Day 012c.jpg
    GNX Museum Day 012c.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2,024
  • GNX Museum Day 014c.jpg
    GNX Museum Day 014c.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,019
John,

Looks great man! Sure does do the Buick Community proud to have your car down there! Really enjoyed coming to see it before you took it down, there is not a nicer example anywhere! You done a fantastic job on that thing, wish I had that much patience!;)

It's hard to imagine the massive work that John put into his beauty!! Having watched him "bust butt" for over 8 years on this frame off restoration of virtually every nut/bolt there is, it was a true study in perseverance!!!!

You'd be hard pressed to find a better example.

If you're anywhere near Sevierville/Gatlinburg on a road trip or whatever, please stop into Floyd Garrett's Muscle Car Museum and take a look. Oh, there's a lot of other unbelievable and rare examples in there!!

Gnx 405

LOOKS INCREDIBLE!

John you done a fantastic job on restoring GNX 405 and your attention to detail deffinetly shows! Looks good in the museum too..

Wish I could have made it over there yesterday to see undercaridge. Thanks again for the phone call and offer.

SW.

Very nice.

Thanks!

John,

Looks great man! Sure does do the Buick Community proud to have your car down there! Really enjoyed coming to see it before you took it down, there is not a nicer example anywhere! You done a fantastic job on that thing, wish I had that much patience!;)

Joey,

Thanks for coming by to check it out before it left. It was great to finally meet you. I appreciate all your nice compliments. I'm looking forward to one day checking out your stable in person.

It's hard to imagine the massive work that John put into his beauty!! Having watched him "bust butt" for over 8 years on this frame off restoration of virtually every nut/bolt there is, it was a true study in perseverance!!!!

You'd be hard pressed to find a better example.

If you're anywhere near Sevierville/Gatlinburg on a road trip or whatever, please stop into Floyd Garrett's Muscle Car Museum and take a look. Oh, there's a lot of other unbelievable and rare examples in there!!

I appreciate the kind words. I can't thank you enough for all you've helped with throughout the years! You've always been there for us!

I'm not sure if it as perseverance, over analyzing, or just plain stubbornness that kept me at it for so many years. One good thing about delivering it to the museum, it kind of puts a stake in the ground and forces me not to nitpick it even further, which will allow me to get going on Michelle's car. Winter's coming and my wrenches are waiting.

LOOKS INCREDIBLE!

John you done a fantastic job on restoring GNX 405 and your attention to detail deffinetly shows! Looks good in the museum too..

Wish I could have made it over there yesterday to see undercaridge. Thanks again for the phone call and offer.

SW.

Thanks! We took lots of undercarriage shots in high resolution. I wasn't able to compress them the way that I wanted, they were either just barely under compressed, or way over compressed which is what I posted.

Thanks also for the evolution poster! As you can see it is now framed and propped up in front of the car. You might also recognize the front plate :smile:

*high 5* now THAT is something to be proud of :) ---

Appreciate it, I'm honored to have it sitting next to all that impressive iron.

Very nice! :cool:

Thank you.

absolutely beautiful!!:cool::biggrin:

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Larger Shot

Same pic as above but larger.

Attachments

• Museum.jpg
    Museum.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,807
John,

Morgan sent me a link to this thread and all I can say is WOW!! You've done an amazing job on your car and I can only imagine the work you've put into it. I remember what it was like when you first bought it and the transformation is unbelievable. Congrats to You, Michelle, Dave, Cathy and everyone involved.

Can I send you my '87 Limited so you can restore it for me? ;)

Neal

John,

Morgan sent me a link to this thread and all I can say is WOW!! You've done an amazing job on your car and I can only imagine the work you've put into it. I remember what it was like when you first bought it and the transformation is unbelievable. Congrats to You, Michelle, Dave, Cathy and everyone involved.

Can I send you my '87 Limited so you can restore it for me? ;)

Neal

Good to hear from you Neal! Hope that all is well on your end. The car has come a long way since the days where I applied black 'Scratch Out' before the car shows. Thanks for the congrats.

Sure I can restore your Limited, if you've got time. The GNX took over eight years to restore, there were a few moves thrown in there to slow progress. I think it was pushed into at least six different garages while in a non running state. I have several other requests that I need to fill before yours, you can probably think of three of them :D. Don't be surprised if your car is missing the drivetrain when you finally do get it back. I'd like to try your bullett in my Mazda RX-7 hybrid. ;)

Muscle Car Museum

I've been to this Musuem. Very Very nice. I've met Mr Floyd at a local corvette expo. in Knoxville ( when it was there ) If your close by you need to check it out.

gnx 405

Awesome looking car!!! Are the wheels factory or aftermarket? Only reason I ask is that in the pics the front seem to be deeper than normal, could be the angle of the pic but I thouight I'd ask anyway.

They're the original GNX wheels. They've been cleaned up, powder coated and cleared and he ended up with a stunning finish.

Gorgeous looking GNX. Very ironic that I opened up this page to find it in the museum in Sevierville. I'm leaving Michigan to head down there Monday morning. It's actually possible to see my Aunt's house from the museum. Hopefully I'll get a chance to stop in to check it out!

Awesome looking car!!! Are the wheels factory or aftermarket? Only reason I ask is that in the pics the front seem to be deeper than normal, could be the angle of the pic but I thouight I'd ask anyway.

Thanks for the compliment!

The angle on that shot does make the wheel seem deeper than usual. I was thinking the same thing. But as Dave says, these are original GNX wheels that have been refurbished. Attached is a pic.

Attachments

• Test Shots 557.jpg
    Test Shots 557.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,645