Don't get caught on the street with your GNX!

Towns around here love those cameras the city of kingsport had put 3in here and made somthing like $180k in the first month.

The speed/red light cameras were voted out by the people and are no more. Feel free to come back without fear of ticket from one of those stupid devices!

Great news! I'll spread the word to my friends and we'll plan on coming again. We all had a great time at the BPG event last year but that camera deal (even though none of us got tickets) really pissed everyone in our group off!

What do u mean by cameras? Red light cameras or speeding cameras? Cause I've never heard of speeding cameras that will actually take a pic of ur license and mail u a ticket like the red light cameras do.

It tracked both, speeding and red lights. IIRC an article stated the cameras are triggered by underground sensors. Like Brad mentioned, they got voted off the island.

great news! I'll spread the word to my friends and we'll plan on coming again. We all had a great time at the bpg event last year but that camera deal (even though none of us got tickets) really pissed everyone in our group off!

...and we'll be glad to have you all back! Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

If this law passes. Police can seize your car. Chirping your tires even under the speed limit can be considered street racing. It will be up to the cops to decide if they want to "deem" it street racing. They'll be looking for every big dollar street machine out here, just waiting for them to accelate fast or chirp the tires. The GNX phrase was just an example of a rare car that could be taken off the streets by them even if they were not actually street racing. For you to comment like that...you must be a cop.

Lol. Show me where they can't seize your car. Show me where chirping your tires can't be considered whatever the officer wants to consider it.
Show me where, cops can't deem you "street racing"? This is already the law guys. It always HAS been. I've been pretty deep into the street racing scene for a long while. Many cars have been impounded. An officer has tons of charges he can slap you with, whenever he wants to. I accidentally spun out in a restaurant parking lot one winter a long time ago, and got a wreckless driving ticket... I spun out maybe a hundred degrees, because the parking lot was solid ice.

Lol. Show me where they can't seize your car. Show me where chirping your tires can't be considered whatever the officer wants to consider it. Show me where, cops can't deem you "street racing"? This is already the law guys. It always HAS been. I've been pretty deep into the street racing scene for a long while. Many cars have been impounded. An officer has tons of charges he can slap you with, whenever he wants to. I accidentally spun out in a restaurant parking lot one winter a long time ago, and got a wreckless driving ticket... I spun out maybe a hundred degrees, because the parking lot was solid ice.
Towing a car to impound is very different then actually "Seizing" a car. Seizing a car means you ain't getten it back. Not today, not next week, not ever!

Even if said arrestee has a gun in the car it's very difficult to actually seize a suspects car under much more sinister conditions. Often law enforcement runs into what referred to as "Innocent ownership". Meaning, the operator is not the owner of said vehicle and there is a lein on the car. The bank owns it or it's possibly registered in his mother or girlfriends name.

The bank owns many peoples cars and unless it's a repeat offense it's very difficult to convince a judge that said vehicle is an immediate hazard to the public and therefore needs to be removed from the street to protect society. For example, a drug dealer caught with a gun and drugs in the car and this was not the first time he was caught.

Street racing on the other hand is a hazard in itself and could be argued that taking said vehicle off the streets for a first offense could and would send a very strong message to others contemplating street racing.

So, it's not really apples to apples when a new law gives the Police more lattitude to in fact seize ones car for a minor motor vehicle offense that the officer considered reckless in nature.

Many cops are simply cops cause they got their ass kicked in high school and like getten their rocks off by breaking balls and flexing their muscles while doing so. Every profession has their 10%'ers....:rolleyes: Law enforcement is no different so passing laws like that is a slippery slope. Make fines and penalties more harsh. Don't reinvent statutes cause the police are not being as effective as they could to curtail street racing.

Towns around here love those cameras the city of kingsport had put 3in here and made somthing like $180k in the first month.

I lived in TN for 10 years. It needs those cameras. Belive me. I still can't believe how they drive up there.:eek:

Towing a car to impound is very different then actually "Seizing" a car. Seizing a car means you ain't getten it back. Not today, not next week, not ever!

Even if said arrestee has a gun in the car it's very difficult to actually seize a suspects car under much more sinister conditions. Often law enforcement runs into what referred to as "Innocent ownership". Meaning, the operator is not the owner of said vehicle and there is a lein on the car. The bank owns it or it's possibly registered in his mother or girlfriends name.

The bank owns many peoples cars and unless it's a repeat offense it's very difficult to convince a judge that said vehicle is an immediate hazard to the public and therefore needs to be removed from the street to protect society. For example, a drug dealer caught with a gun and drugs in the car and this was not the first time he was caught.

Street racing on the other hand is a hazard in itself and could be argued that taking said vehicle off the streets for a first offense could and would send a very strong message to others contemplating street racing.

So, it's not really apples to apples when a new law gives the Police more lattitude to in fact seize ones car for a minor motor vehicle offense that the officer considered reckless in nature.

Many cops are simply cops cause they got their ass kicked in high school and like getten their rocks off by breaking balls and flexing their muscles while doing so. Every profession has their 10%'ers....:rolleyes: Law enforcement is no different so passing laws like that is a slippery slope. Make fines and penalties more harsh. Don't reinvent statutes cause the police are not being as effective as they could to curtail street racing.

Brett is right. To seize a car you have to have a certain amount of drugs in it and it must be proven to be yours. If they can't do that then they're SOL. Kali does have some laws that will allow you to "donate" you car to the state if you're cought street racing to much but I'm not sure if others do.

What do u mean by cameras? Red light cameras or speeding cameras? Cause I've never heard of speeding cameras that will actually take a pic of ur license and mail u a ticket like the red light cameras do.

Photo radar (Speeding) is all over Denver metro here in CO. Have not noticed it as much lately but was real popular a few years ago. They are vans they set up on the side of the road. Snap your pic and send you a ticket in the mail. Speeding/street racing is real hard to get away with around here.....Good thing my car never runs :)

I lived in TN for 10 years. It needs those cameras. Belive me. I still can't believe how they drive up there.:eek:

Charlie, Something may need to be done but I disagree with red light cameras. In my past life working with some of the auto companies they had some data from one of the highway insitutes (I believe in college station) that the most effective means of preventing running red lights was lengthening the yellow.

The City of Chattanooga recently got caught decreasing the yellow light duration on all light where they had installed red light cameras.

I may be wrong but Seems to me that Red Light cameras are just a Revenue generator.

Charlie, Something may need to be done but I disagree with red light cameras. In my past life working with some of the auto companies they had some data from one of the highway insitutes (I believe in college station) that the most effective means of preventing running red lights was lengthening the yellow.

The City of Chattanooga recently got caught decreasing the yellow light duration on all light where they had installed red light cameras.

I may be wrong but Seems to me that Red Light cameras are just a Revenue generator.
In most states runnen a yellow light is no different then runnen a red light. Stautes here is CT fine people the same for runnen both.

Yellow means STOP cause its gonna turn red. Not SPEED up cause it's gonna turn red so the fine is equal for runnen both so extending or decreasing the yellow would not mean anything.

Photo radar (Speeding) is all over Denver metro here in CO. Have not noticed it as much lately but was real popular a few years ago. They are vans they set up on the side of the road. Snap your pic and send you a ticket in the mail. Speeding/street racing is real hard to get away with around here.....Good thing my car never runs :)
That's interesting. I think it will be decades b4 that reaches CT. We are a very liberal state.:rolleyes:

I got a red light camera ticket 2 years ago. I ended up paying 490 bucks:mad: with traffic school included. They even sent me a link with really great video of me running the light. I though I could make the yellow light. We have less accidents here in Esco because of them. There's the occasional rear end because somone stops at a yellow light where there are cameras installed.

Dam $490! I have heard that Cali has some steep ass fines but god dam. Here a red light is 1/3 that much.

Brett is right. To seize a car you have to have a certain amount of drugs in it and it must be proven to be yours. If they can't do that then they're SOL. Kali does have some laws that will allow you to "donate" you car to the state if you're cought street racing to much but I'm not sure if others do.

Washington Does... This state sucks.

I checked with that guy and he said it was for speed. Came in mail 6wks later. $100, no points if waivered. From what I could find on Cleveland Plain Dealer website, they're still in use and other local communities are looking into jumping into their own cash cows.:mad:

I could have sworn that I also read a month ago in America's First Freedom (NRA mag) that Arizona's camera's had recently been struck down by their supreme court(?) That issue wasn't on the work picnic table anymore when I looked tho. And I could only see the current issue on their website.

Camera's on our street's, drones in our sky's. Where do we draw the line? Where's your union on this Brett? Eliminating the need for human enforcement personnel should be as illegal as it is unethical!!!:mad:

In most states runnen a yellow light is no different then runnen a red light. Stautes here is CT fine people the same for runnen both.

Yellow means STOP cause its gonna turn red. Not SPEED up cause it's gonna turn red so the fine is equal for runnen both so extending or decreasing the yellow would not mean anything.

Bet a lawyer would have a field day with this if somebody choose to fight a ticket. Red and yellow can't mean the same thing. I remember yellow being explained to us as 'clear the intersection as safely as possible' from drivers ed. Indiana defines it as "A yellow light means slow. If you are facing a yellow light, your right-of-way is ending.". You still have the right-of-way though.