Cooking a Prime Rib today.. any suggestions..

One of the pics was of a small fur ball eating some left overs. It did not resemble a new German shep pup...

I'll definately be saving this info. My brother and I are on a mission to cook a perfect prime rib. Haven't been bad so far, but there's always room for improvement.

My Chili recipie is coming along nicely too, just can't figure out what's missing.

Yeah, here's a suggestion. Let the little woman cook! Remember what happened that last time you cooked. :eek: :D

house_burn_2005_094_web.jpg

I'll definately be saving this info. My brother and I are on a mission to cook a perfect prime rib. Haven't been bad so far, but there's always room for improvement.

My Chili recipie is coming along nicely too, just can't figure out what's missing.

10W40

What do you think is missing? Substance or flavors?
What seasoning do you use, from beginning to end?

10W40

What do you think is missing? Substance or flavors?
What seasoning do you use, from beginning to end?

I think it needs to be a bit thicker I think. I like the flavor but there's always room for improvement. I'm completely making this up as I go, but this is how the recipe writes out so far.

4lb. shoulder roast, cubed.
12 red pearl onions, peeled and quartered
12 Cherry tomatoes, halved
16 oz. can of sweet corn, drained
10 green Jalepenos, coarsely chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
3 yellow Habaneros, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
46 oz. V8 juice (seems to have a slightly better flavor than straight tomato)
3 tbsp granulated beef bouillon
8 tsp chili powder

Cube the roast, marinate in Worcesteshire in mixing bowl. Wash and chop vegetables as designated. Combine all ingredients except the roast in 1 gallon slow cooker set on high heat. Brown the cubed roast in large skillet, drain, add to pot. Stew for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.

That's about it. I'm thinking maybe tomato paste instead of juice, or a mix of the two. Thoughts?

You definitely need the paste for acidity. You also might want to try adding half the (4 TBS) amount of cumin with the chili powder.

Instead of using V8 try V6...we all know that works much better :biggrin:
But seriously, try a spicy bloody mary mix instead.

Pull out a bowl of what you currently have and add a little cumin to it. i think that is all you are missing.

That's the good thing about chili, there is no real recipe.

The major players in chili's flavor are chili powder, cumin, and bay leaf. This is chili as we know it from a can or from a restaurant.

I like the sweet Jack Daniels sauce that comes in a zip-loc bag found at the grocery store. I let it marinate for an hour or so. Yummy...:cool:

Remember temp,temp,temp.......:biggrin:

Notacarlo must be a pretty good cook.

Remember temp,temp,temp.......:biggrin:

Notacarlo must be a pretty good cook.

Got er at 300* this is the end of hour 2 and it smelllllllllssssssssssssssssssss great!

Dan has a bunch of good ideas, must have been an executive chef before the Ferrarri bug hit:biggrin: