Memorial Day food?

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
Now that some food is cryo packed I have 2 racks of short ribs and 2 briskets that I put away for later. Pulled 1 of the racks out today and decided to cook it. Started the grill (it's a fairly large grill btw) and used charcoal with some mesquite added in, but only on one side. Put the ribs on only partially thawed so that they'd have more moisture in them as they cooked. Heavy smoke for 1 hour and flipped the ribs at 30 minutes so both sides would get plenty of smoke on them. After 1 hour I used a mixture of soul seasoning by spice supreme and Sweet P's complete seasoning to cover the ribs. Wrapped them in foil and put off the heat to keep from burning them. Leave the ribs on the smoker/grill at the lowest heat you can for at least 6 hours, but longer is better. I also wrapped potatoes and put butter in to cook at the same time, but started them a little later. This isn't a heart healthy meal but it sure is a tasty one.:D If we weren't going to get rain for the next 3 days I would've done this on Sunday but the rain's going to throw things off.:( Hope you guys eat as well as I will on the Holiday.:p

What are you cooking this weekend?(y)

Ribs at my house Sunday, get up early fire up grill and watch the Monaco grand prix. Take a little nap while the ribs cook!

Venison backstrap marinated overnight in 90 proof Bulliet (pronounced Bullet) Bourbon...... :)

Ribs . . . TX style . . Making them very similar to Charlie.
You guys need to post pics. Lol

Just started 2 racks.
image.jpg