Commitment List for Noble - October 16th 2010

POOP!!! just putting the turbo/ downpipe back on my car after getting the hot-side stuff jet-hot coated and damaged my one and only dowpipe gasket!!!!!! :( its an atr 3in dp on a pt51 turbo is it ok to just run this dp with no gasket or am i asking for a leak and burning some of my fancy new coating? never ran it without the gasket except with the stock dp/ stock turbo.. anybody have a spare dp gasket they can bring to the race? i'll be there friday afternoonish and will pay you for it there if somebody can help as i don't have time before the race to get one!! damn my luck and lack of planning!!

Yeah it won't hurt anything. I am running one right now, but only because my dp wasn't flat. As mentioned, if you just make sure the pipe is close to flat, smear some high temp silicone on the mating surface, you will be fine. At worst, you will have a slight exhaust leak that blows out a little soot on your pipe, but that will wipe off. It won't hurt anything, those gaskets don't keep it from burning the coating off, just help seal off air.

well fired it back back up just a while ago .. i think it will be ok.. don't think im gonna worry about a dp gasket for the race, but i think i will order a coulpe to have on hand just in case like i should've already had.. think to all anyways!!

Just dynod my gn it put down 350 hp and 404 torque at 16 lbs on e85 going to try to up the boost and tweak my tune a little tomorrow and well see what happens.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I wish I could say she's running optimum but she ain't. I need a good PCM tune but I have no time for one now since no one anywhere in the state does it for this platform. I can only do what I can with my ICCU and Happy Knob. (basically my version of a MAF Translater Plus). I'm running Alky injection and I just switched over to 100% Meth Vs the 50/50 I was running. Hope to see gains there. Anything goes I guess. I just hope I can run into the 12s with my 175,000 mile (original untouched long block) 30 mpg daily driver.

So who all is going to TNT Friday night? Hope to see some of you guys there, come say hi if you see me. I know i'll have the only White GTP like mine there.

Are they allowing or is anyone camping out at the track? Just curious. Only thing I ain't looking forward too is the drive out there, taking my tools out of the trunk, swaping over to my slicks and reverse X 2.

Well, I am on the fence whether I will make it or not. The tow vehicle is STILL at the body shop and I don't know if it will be done by today. If not, I won't be making it to T'n'T and won't have any idea what I need to change up. So right now it isn't looking too promising:(

I will see you guys on Friday and Saturday I will definitely stop by and check out the grand prix I love those cars.

Phil, Add three more from TX

Steve Allen 87GN 11 sec
Jack Laswell (maybe?) 86GN Fresh build Stg2
Amanda (Friend of my sons don't know her last name) Black GTP

I bet I'll be the fastest Saturn there:p:eek: No GN this year.:frown:

Man, this list has jumped around more that a handful of jumping beans on a hot skillet.

Looks like we will have over 100 cars this year with probably our fastest field of cars ever.

I'm staying Ruby's Friday night and my car is staying at the track. I need to hitch a ride with somebody back to Ruby's so I don' have to sleep in the car.

Got my new convertor in today and will see what the car can do tomorrow.

I wish a safe and enjoyabe trip for eveyone on both legs of your trip.

Phil Engle

It's here boys. I am heading to the Oklahoma tomorrow around noon time with a couple of friends of mine for some TNT. We will see you there. My buddy Harley is bringing his wife's SRT Crossfire for the Friday night TNT, then gonna race his tow vehicle (year or so old Escalade) for team Buick. :D:D:D

So add one more, Phil.

All you guys be safe, bring your A game, and don't redlight.

fl_80801495.jpg
bl_80801495.jpg

Phil, where is ruby's? We are staying at the country inn & suites off the interstate near the college in norman. As long as it's not way out of the way I'm sure we can get you a ride.

Well, after a job change and recent headgasket issues I am loading up and heading out @ noon. I will have my screen name on the back window of my GN. Everyone be safe out on the road. Jon Hanson

Phil, where is ruby's? We are staying at the country inn & suites off the interstate near the college in norman. As long as it's not way out of the way I'm sure we can get you a ride.

Ruby's is in Purcell, about 10 miles south of the track.

Well I am about to get done loading up, gonna DRIVE this car down with a motor that we built and got running early this week :eek:. If you see a broke down GN on I-40 with a skinny white dude, help a brother out :tongue:

Also, a good buddy of mine won't be making it this year. Johnie Turpen is going to be in the hospital getting checked out for a mild heart attack. He is on the wrong team every year, but he's a good guy that we all have a lot in common with. He'll be missed at this shootout, but his son John might get to come depending on how well he is doing. If you guys would, please be praying for his recovery so he can come lose to us again next year.

Will

In about 30 minutes, Shootout Day 2010 will here.

Hope everybody had safe and enjoyable trips.

Wish Roy Rogers Restaurant's still existed so we could get some of "Trigger's
BBQ Sauce"<G>

See you in the morning.

Phil Engle

How did you do Phil? Didn't get a chance to walk around. Got there late, made two passes & packed up to head for the hotel.

John: I had sent you a direct message about your 2nd run. Very impressive!!

I wasn' at the track today. I finally gave in this morning and went to the doctor. Let my allergies go too far so had to get a shot and some drugs. Loafed around the house and started the healing process.

I'll see you in the morning. Probably be getting you to look over my shoulder a little bit if you have time. In the last 3 weeks went to 80# injectors, revised the SD chip, moved the IAT and changed convertors to a new PTC 9.5 NL convertor about 3000-3200 stall and fixed a blow gasket in the DS header/crossover connection. Tomorrow will be first test of all of them together. I think I can get it pretty close at the beginning and get into the 10's and then make a few tweaks as time and information allows.

Phil Engle

It was a blast! I had a great time. Hope to run again next year. Anyone got pictures posted here on the forums or in an album? I'm ready to see some pics and videos... :)