Car stops pulling

If you still have a catalytic converter on the car, those have been known culprits to the car not breathing properly. Straight pipe it or put on a test pipe in it's place. The difference is night and day if you still are running one, especially if it is the original one.
ATR exhaust 3 inch single with test pipe no cat

At only 15 PSI of boost, I'd be thinking it'd level out in high gear and won't pick up much.

At only 15 PSI of boost, I'd be thinking it'd level out in high gear and won't pick up much.

That was my thought, too.

My car was having a (self inflicted and being addressed as I write this) boost issue and wouldn't go above 18.5 pounds. An easy mid 10 second car, but it would just flatten out in the middle of 3rd gear and run an 11.2.

Your not to far from Bison , should have him look at it .

You may have hit the limit with 93 and 15psi. Have you ever tried 100ul and raise the boost? I'd say time for alky...

I also had a clogged cat and it wouldn't go past 13lbs . But it's a pretty easy deal just in bolt the cat and run strait down pipe and see if that helps . If not like I said if you didn't shim your springs they are prob at 1.775-1.800 meaning u have less then 100lbs on the seat then subtract 15lbs of boost and there you have valves floating just my opinion

With 18deg timing and 17# and stock ic I ran 11.7 on 93 oct.

With 18deg timing and 17# and stock ic I ran 11.7 on 93 oct.

I don't know whether to raise the BS flag or not. I'm to busy trying to stop laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know whether to raise the BS flag or not. I'm to busy trying to stop laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I don't see the comedy at all and the BS flag, really. Need Boost went 11.7 on 93 also. Believe it or not...I have no damned reason the blow smoke up anyones butt.

And I don't see the comedy at all and the BS flag, really. Need Boost went 11.7 on 93 also. Believe it or not...I have no damned reason the blow smoke up anyones butt.

OP isn't looking for a pissing or dick measuring contest, he's looking for answers........

"If you can't say something nice........"
Kitty Forman

Last edited:
OP isn't looking for a pissing contest.
True that, he's looking for advice not "comments" that don't relate to the thread.

OP, if your A/F is good, fuel psi is good, no knock, you should add a littile timing or a little boost. Have you verified that you timing is correct?

But you also said with only 17# of boost. Also with low timing and straight 93.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Yes that is what I said. 17psi and 18* timing and full tank of 93 octane. 1.79 60ft 7.51@ 92.6 in 1/8th 11.78@115.11 in 1/4 Just did it sat nov 20th Gen2 Translator and timing control is set to 18* for wot 3k and above. Summertime I drop it to 16* as it picks up 3-5 degrees retard. My car runs well on 93, always has. 13.20s with the stock chip with race gas raised fuel psi and 20psi. Back in 90's buddy was running 7.7 on Reds 108 chip and race gas and slicks and I was running 7.9 with Reds 93 chip with race gas and BFG drag radials(1/8th mile)

I bought the car in April. Has great upgrades but the guy didn't tune it properly. Just trying to unfuck everything that was done incorrectly. I'm getting a Razors Alky kit this winter. Will upgrade timing chain and new pulleys. I'll verify timing and run a FP gauge to the windshield to verify everything in the spring. Little by little. Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I appreciate it. Sorry I responded so late, I work midnights as a mechanic for JetBlue. Wrenching on planes and the. Get home to tinker with the Buick. Never ends

I bought the car in April. Has great upgrades but the guy didn't tune it properly. Just trying to unfuck everything that was done incorrectly. I'm getting a Razors Alky kit this winter. Will upgrade timing chain and new pulleys. I'll verify timing and run a FP gauge to the windshield to verify everything in the spring. Little by little. Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I appreciate it. Sorry I responded so late, I work midnights as a mechanic for JetBlue. Wrenching on planes and the. Get home to tinker with the Buick. Never ends
I understand night shift..... the reason I asked about the gap is because the turbo can blow out the spark at higher boost levels. The fix is to tighten the gap up to .028 and then see what it does. Keep us posted.