Car stops pulling

I tightened the gap to .030 and it made a difference. I have the FP gauge on the hood and it rises 1:1 with boost and holds steady. It's almost like 3rd gear is slipping. Any other info would be appreciated. The tranny was rebuilt while the previous owner had it. Thanks guys.

Did I read somewhere you just put in a new torque converter? Does it slip more than your old one?

I had a similar issues as you when i was on 93 octane with a TT street chip. My car liked 2 degrees less than what the chip was burned for (in third gear).

I gapped at 30 as well. This helped.

I installed valve springs and shimmed them ( i think 45 thousandths) but cant remember exactly. This helped quite a bit too.

you are saying boost stays flat at 18psi throughout the entire run
fuel pressure doesn't drop off
all new ignition, plugs, wires, etc

I'd check next for exhaust and boost leaks. if you are bleeding boost somewhere and working the turbo super-hard, you may be blowing a ton of hot air. I once had a boost leak that smoke tested fine @ 1psi, but when I pressurized the system to 10+psi it leaked like crazy.

Did I read somewhere you just put in a new torque converter? Does it slip more than your old one?

I had a similar issues as you when i was on 93 octane with a TT street chip. My car liked 2 degrees less than what the chip was burned for (in third gear).

I gapped at 30 as well. This helped.

I installed valve springs and shimmed them ( i think 45 thousandths) but cant remember exactly. This helped quite a bit too.

you are saying boost stays flat at 18psi throughout the entire run
fuel pressure doesn't drop off
all new ignition, plugs, wires, etc

I'd check next for exhaust and boost leaks. if you are bleeding boost somewhere and working the turbo super-hard, you may be blowing a ton of hot air. I once had a boost leak that smoke tested fine @ 1psi, but when I pressurized the system to 10+psi it leaked like crazy.

No exhaust leaks. It did it before the torque converter too. I changed the converter because the other one was shot. Whined in gear bad. All is good now. Boost doesn't fall off, fuel pressure rises 1:1 with boost. My speedometer isn't hooked up. I know the ECM looks for a VSS signal for lockup. Could this be an issue?

No exhaust leaks. It did it before the torque converter too. I changed the converter because the other one was shot. Whined in gear bad. All is good now. Boost doesn't fall off, fuel pressure rises 1:1 with boost. My speedometer isn't hooked up. I know the ECM looks for a VSS signal for lockup. Could this be an issue?

Also, the chip needs to know MPH for fueling and timing depending on gear as well.